Gran Turismo 2 - Ferrari mod

• Thread starter wareagle1
  • 57 comments
Italy
Italy
Hi everybody,
this video shows the mod that me and うどん01 have created.
At this moment it contains the F335 from 1997 and 1998 of the FCJ team that raced in the JGTC, these cars appeared as strings in the files of the game and so we decided to bring these back to the game together with a Ferrari Dealership.

03/07/22.
Updated the mod with the addition of the F300 ‘98 F1 car in the “Special Models” section of the dealership.

09/08/22
Updated the mod with the addition of the 288 GTO car to the new cars lot and the GTO Evoluzione as the race modifications

01/05/23
Updated the mod with the addition of the Ferrari Mondial car to the new cars lot and the Ferrari Mondial Team Moneytron as the race modification. Thanks a lot to HWTsuchiyaNathan for the work for this new part of the mod.

08/07/23
Updated the mod with the addition of the Ferrari F40 car to the new cars lot and the F40 Team Igol as race modification. Thanks a lot to HWTsuchiyaNathan for the work for this new part of the mod.

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) part.1

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) part.2

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) part.3

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) part.4

Gran Turismo 2 (Ferrari Edition) Part 5 - F40

Last edited:
Hi everybody,
At this moment it contains the F335 from 1997 and 1998 of the FCJ team that raced in the JGTC, these cars appeared as strings in the files of the game and so we decided to bring these back to the game together with a Ferrari Dealership.

That's a good first effort. I would focus on trying add more shading to both F355 JGTC cars you have made so far, but I like how smoothly you were able to add the dealership to the game and the sound of the cars... Wonderful!

Hi everybody,

Interesting mod, Ferrari is my favorite car brand.
I would love for you to add the Ferrari 360 Modena (including the GTC, Challenge and Challenge Stradale versions) and the Ferrari F50 (also the GT version)

Interesting mod, Ferrari is my favorite car brand.
I would love for you to add the Ferrari 360 Modena (including the GTC, Challenge and Challenge Stradale versions) and the Ferrari F50 (also the GT version)
We do have plans to add other cars, I don’t think we will add the 360 Modena because it is a bit too new (was showed in late 1999 for the first time) and I would like to keep the cars in tune with what PD could have done back in the days of GT2.

Keep your eyes peeled for any update to the mod that I’ll post here :)

Tenemos planes para agregar otros autos, no creo que agreguemos el 360 Modena porque es demasiado nuevo (se mostró a fines de 1999 por primera vez) y me gustaría mantener los autos en sintonía con lo que PD podría haberlo hecho en los días de GT2.

Estén atentos a cualquier actualización del mod que publicaré aquí.:)
true, I forgot that the 360 Modena is from the end of 1999.
instead I think the 550 Maranello (with its racing version) would be great, I always liked the Ferraris with the front v12 engine.
Also, I really liked that the Corse Clienti logo is in the tuning section of the Ferrari dealer.

true, I forgot that the 360 Modena is from the end of 1999.
instead I think the 550 Maranello (with its racing version) would be great, I always liked the Ferraris with the front v12 engine.
Also, I really liked that the Corse Clienti logo is in the tuning section of the Ferrari dealer.
So... Funnily enough, the 550 Maranello was unveiled in 1996 and went on sale in 1997, but there wasn't any real racing versions until 1999 and the best 550 racers were built by Prodrive in 2001, when production of the 550 ceased...

Personally, I'm of the opinion that any "New" cars modded into Gran Turismo 2 should be "Period Correct", IE built and/or raced in 1999 or earlier to fit the overall aesthetic of the game... To the point that if I had the time, talent and skill I'd add Panoz cars into GT2, with the thunderous GTR-1 race & road car being the centerpiece.

I would be happy if this mod be compatible with Plus.
We all would, but not everything is possible. The likely issue will be the number of parts and vehicles in GT2+ being too close to the maximum (if not at the maximum) for additional Ferrari's to be added.

I'm sure you could mod GT2+ to remove some cars and parts you don't like and then merge this in with it, unless there's other stuff going on in this mod that could cause a conflict.

ferrari berlinetta 01.jpg

Pretty cool. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. What other cars you have planned?

Honestly I cant wait I love Ferraris seeing them in GT2 with modding will make the experience better.

Once again mods enchance the experience of the game.

Well, we have something in the pipeline, if you want to know what, I left a hint a few messages above
I had to look up what you were referring to, but now I understand. That, and the plans to add the 288 GTO.

I had to look up what you were referring to, but now I understand. That, and the plans to add the 288 GTO.
Yes, but it won’t be the next car in the dealer…

If I were you I would focus on this message of mine:
“The next addition to the dealer will be fantastic for those that live in Hürth ( #hint )”

Yes, but it won’t be the next car in the dealer…

If I were you I would focus on this message of mine:
“The next addition to the dealer will be fantastic for those that live in Hürth ( #hint )”
Yes, I know what you mean by that now. That's what I was focusing on.

Man, modding GT2 of all things is some technical achievement! Would be interested in knowing how you even begin doing something like this.

Last edited:
Man, modding GT2 of all things is some technical achievement! Would be interested in knowing how you even begin doing something like this.
Years of research put into unpacking the game, understanding the various file formats and writing tools that can export to those formats. There's still work to be done, however, in order to do things like modding tracks (beyond texture swaps).

Back