Gran Turismo 4 Balance of Perfomance

• Thread starter Harsk100
  • 11 comments
Portugal
South
HarskGaming96
How can I keep my cars equal? I try to test in 3 different courses (gravel, asphalt and snow) and it is being so hard to me...

Please help me how can I get a successfull BOP.

I'm not sure just what it is you're asking here. Could you clarify a bit?
Well, I'm currently doing an balance of perfomance between the Rally cars after 1997, in terms of power and weight. I'm trying to be close as 2003/2004 WRC.

I have tested the cars in 3 different tracks: Swiss Alps, Ice Arena and Trial Mountain Reverse.

I was planning to put 2 classes of:

WRC Class
Toyota Corolla Rally Car '98 (300 BHP/1230 kg)
Peugeot 206 Rally Car '99 (297 BHP/1230 kg)
Hyundai Accent Rally Car '01 (296 BHP/1230 kg)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII Super Rally Car '03 (256 BHP/1303 kg)
Ford Focus Rally Car '99 (290 BHP/1230 kg)
Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 (276 BHP/1107 kg)

4WD Production Class:
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII MR GSR '04 (256 BHP/1400 kg)
Subaru Impreza Sedan WRX STi Spec C (GD, Type II) '04 (256 BHP/1465 kg)
Audi S4 '03 (340 BHP/1660 kg)
Volkswagen Golf IV R32 '03 (285 BHP/1314 kg)

As Subaru Impreza Rally Car '03 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII are overpowered to another rally cars, I had to put -20 HP on WRC Class. Same for Impreza and Lancer Evolution VIII.

But there is a problem: When i have tested the Focus Rally Car in Swiss Alps, I couldn't make it 1'34.000-1'34.999... The closest time that I have stayed with Focus is 1'33.9xx :(

And I wanted to make the cars of each class run equal... So I could make an fair competition... :(

You need to make one car (from each class) your benchmark, then make the slower ones more powerful or lighter to make them faster, and the faster ones less powerful or heavier to slow them down.

You need to make one car (from each class) your benchmark, then make the slower ones more powerful or lighter to make them faster, and the faster ones less powerful or heavier to slow them down.
OK. But that's exactly I'm doing: I'm making the slowest ones more powerful and lighter as possible while the faster ones the opposite (less powerfull and heavier). ;)

I think he's trying to say that BOP isn't working on all surfaces. Each car supposedly has to have different specs for each track. If they're balanced on one track they aren't on another. No way of getting around that, I'm afraid. Different set up sheet for each track.

So it is just taking more effort than you'd anticipated?
Yes.

I think he's trying to say that BOP isn't working on all surfaces. Each car supposedly has to have different specs for each track. If they're balanced on one track they aren't on another. No way of getting around that, I'm afraid. Different set up sheet for each track.
OK. Thanks.

As a general rule, you should alter the power to cover straightways and weight to cover corners. Have in mind that each factor will affect the other area as well, so it is best to test a car every time you make a minor adjustment to make sure you're not overdoing it.

Data Analyzer on a circuit with decent straightway and simple set of corners can help a lot. Tsukuba and Apricot Hill are good for a start but I'm sure pros could find more examples.

Run hot laps with every car and check if your car is in advantageous or disadvantageous position over a benchmark car. If we assume your cornering was identical in both cases, the graph will tell you which one is more dominant and where.

But that takes a lot of time and effort.

As a general rule, you should alter the power to cover straightways and weight to cover corners. Have in mind that each factor will affect the other area as well, so it is best to test a car every time you make a minor adjustment to make sure you're not overdoing it.

Data Analyzer on a circuit with decent straightway and simple set of corners can help a lot. Tsukuba and Apricot Hill are good for a start but I'm sure pros could find more examples.

Run hot laps with every car and check if your car is in advantageous or disadvantageous position over a benchmark car. If we assume your cornering was identical in both cases, the graph will tell you which one is more dominant and where.

But that takes a lot of time and effort.
Yeah, the BOP will take a lot of time, especially when these cars are different in terms of power and weight. But I think it's better is put an handicap weight ballast and power loss, like you said.

Back