Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
  • 1,693,486 views
Can anybody who has the game tell me if the Lancer Evolution X has a shift motion in cockpit mode?

They labeled it as a "GSR" when in reality its a "MR". Obviously in real life the MR has shift paddles where the GSR has a gearbox stick.

Also, in GT5P it didn't have a shift motion.
 
Can't wait to race on that track... also... fighting the urge.... Double racing lanes all the way!.. What does it mean! Woah.... oh my god. lol

*For those that don't get that pun.. that was the double rainbow pun... corny.. I know..

It's so beautiful.
 
Got tired of of being owned and humiliated on Gametrailers eh?

GTFO you stupid troll.

He wasn't trolling. If you read his post you can see he cares about the franchise. He made some good posts too.
 
standards look decent not close to premium level, but very acceptable imo..
i just wish pd at least made higher res textures for the cars it'd make a world of difference
 
shifting animation is very annoying. :scared:

What's annoying? Just that it's really obvious?

Yeah, I wasn't paying that hard of attention to notice it till he said something, I can see where he's talking about, I can get over it tho. He's talking about how its making the shift motion and going back the the steering wheel about 400x when it only shifts once, I can see how to some that'd be annoying, but meh, I dunno.
 
It almost seems like there are "standards" within the standards! That McLaren race car looks positively awful but some of the other standards do look half way decent. Such a strange variance of quality here. :ouch:

Wasn't there like only 2 McLarens in the game and they were both premium? :confused:
 
shifting animation is very annoying. :scared:

It can be a bit disturbing while racing, but I didn't think there would be any paddle shifting animation, so I'm happy with it anyways.
I think they made it like this so people can really see it happening, because the paddle shifting movement can be so subtle that people would think it was a glitch and the driver wasn't really changing the gears, etc.
 
I didn't think it looked that bad, maybe I am easily pleased! I can live with that...
 
Can anybody who has the game tell me if the Lancer Evolution X has a shift motion in cockpit mode?

They labeled it as a "GSR" when in reality its a "MR". Obviously in real life the MR has shift paddles where the GSR has a gearbox stick.

Also, in GT5P it didn't have a shift motion.

In Japan, the GSR has the sequential gearbox.
 
In Japan, the GSR has the sequential gearbox.


Right, but it's still looks like a MR. The hood vents and side vents are color matched with the car. GSR is black vents, MR is colored vents.

Also, the chrome on the front of the car. GSR doesn't have that. BBS wheels.. I don't know it's really confusing... Maybe Japan has exact options of an MR for a GSR? Which is weird....

Well regardless, does it have a shift animation?
 
Last edited:
Nice.

What's the 458 Italia AI doing starting at 6:24? :eek:

Like in other videos I saw, when you push an AI car, it stops accelerating. Even after few seconds it's like when you touch the nouse of a white shark :dunce:
 
Like in other videos I saw, when you push an AI car, it stops accelerating. Even after few seconds it's like when you touch the nouse of a white shark :dunce:

I can't even tell if that's gonna be annoying or not. Why would they even do that? It must be intentionally programmed to, but I can't see the reasoning.
 


Starting at 7:14, the coolest overtake ever, haha
 
I like how the Mclaren was slowly pulling away from him on the straight.
 
Can anyone get pictures of the VW Samba in action, please?
 
Like in other videos I saw, when you push an AI car, it stops accelerating. Even after few seconds it's like when you touch the nouse of a white shark :dunce:

It's not something that happens invariably though. Take a look at when he's chasing the McLaren, at around 4:00, he pokes it the same way he did with the 458 and the McLaren just keeps on going as if nothing happened.
 
Back