Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

  • Thread starter Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
  • 1,693,310 views
Can anyone with the game please tell me and others how much starting money you have? Also what Premium cars I can buy from the start with that money, please name all cars.
 
That's because all of the Karting videos have been on boring tracks. Wait till you've have a go on a proper kart track. 👍

As for that kart video. Seriously, what the heck?! Karts do not have a reverse gear, and they certainly do not reverse at over 80km/h. Why can't PD at least reduce the speed to about 2km/h.
That can't be too hard, can it?:boggled:
The F2007 in Prologue also had the same issue.


Standard.
No doubt reverse gear is universal in GT5 and even with Karts made it simple as IRL you have to push the Kart back. Since Reverse is the first gear backwards and Kart have only one gear then you can win races driving backwards. PD probably never thought someone would be racing Kart backwards.
 
Can anyone with the game please tell me and others how much starting money you have? Also what Premium cars I can buy from the start with that money, please name all cars.

20k. And everyone has been choosing the Eunos Miatas so far. I would think there were more under 20k. maybe the S13 and EK9?
 
Can anyone with the game please tell me and others how much starting money you have? Also what Premium cars I can buy from the start with that money, please name all cars.

You start with 20,000.
The Mazda Eunos Roadster (MX5 basically) from the early 90's is the most popular car to start with it seems as about the best Premium car you can buy at lvl 0 for under 20,000
Seems I was beaten to it :( lol
 
What do you use to transfer pictures from photo mode onto your computer?
 
Can anyone with the game please tell me and others how much starting money you have? Also what Premium cars I can buy from the start with that money, please name all cars.

You start with $20.000. Most people buy a new Miata (premium), I intend to buy a used Impreza WRX STi.
 
Thanks guys, how about that Toyota Vitz? How about Citroen or some Renault? I think I wanna start with some cool lil FWD car.
 
Thanks guys, how about that Toyota Vitz? How about Citroen or some Renault? I think I wanna start with some cool lil FWD car.

The Vitz is available for under 20,000. 👍
 
i'm hoping to start with the Mazda AZ1, it's a Premium ^^

That or the Volvo 240GLT, or the Nissan EXA Canopy.

something cheap and old at least :p
 
Thanks guys, how about that Toyota Vitz? How about Citroen or some Renault? I think I wanna start with some cool lil FWD car.
Don't buy it,
it's one of the first prize cars you get!
 
Last edited:
Can anyone with the game check something out for me?

Could you check the used car lot and search if there is an '99 Impreza WRC listed? The reason I'm asking is because there is some confusion whether it's premium or standard.(I know that not all used cars are available from the start)

If it's too much of a hassle than nevermind :)
 
No doubt reverse gear is universal in GT5 and even with Karts made it simple as IRL you have to push the Kart back. Since Reverse is the first gear backwards and Kart have only one gear then you can win races driving backwards. PD probably never thought someone would be racing Kart backwards.
Ahh, I understand (that also explains the reversing speed of the F2007).
It would have been nice to see the driver manually moving the kart back. Though that would result in disqualification in real life.

These videos and pictures look outstanding. I’m trying to resist visiting this thread, but I seem to be visiting every day. I’m pathetic.
 
I cannot get enough of the Lambo at Le Mans Day/night, superb clip, i have watched this 5 times today which equates to almost an hour of the same clip! These shadow glitches etc etc etc will come nowhere near to spoiling my experience of this amazing bit of software. Roll on Wednesday (or maybe Thursday)
 
I cannot get enough of the Lambo at Le Mans Day/night, superb clip, i have watched this 5 times today which equates to almost an hour of the same clip! These shadow glitches etc etc etc will come nowhere near to spoiling my experience of this amazing bit of software. Roll on Wednesday (or maybe Thursday)

good on you :)

As for the windscreen wipers pixelated effect or tear stuff, Like I said, while playing the game you don't even see those defects... So people whining about that are just whining coz they are watching a VIDEO, looking for every detail going wrong...
 
Drifting in the MR2 GT-S :sly:

mr.jpg


mr2.jpg
 
Thanks taxigamer and crew.

You guys are awesome, watched the stream all day yesterday:tup:!
 
i'm hoping to start with the Mazda AZ1, it's a Premium

I don't think the AZ-1 will win any races except maybe the Sunday/Clubman cups MAYBE. It'll be very difficult. I thought Kei cars were mostly just for having fun with, and not trying to be competitive.
 
good on you :)

As for the windscreen wipers pixelated effect or tear stuff, Like I said, while playing the game you don't even see those defects... So people whining about that are just whining coz they are watching a VIDEO, looking for every detail going wrong...

I agree. That said, personally i was STILL concentrating more on what was happening on track rather than anything else. For me its all about how the car is behaving, how it sounds, and how well the speed (framerate) looks and of course the AI. I have high expectations of every single game i buy, and GT has never failed to deliver for me in any itteration.

No matter how you look at it, this game has raised the bar again and you can only imagine what sort of future GT editions we have to look forward to in the future.
 
BWX
I remember in rfactor when the sun got really low those pointy shadows were as long as the entire road surface. I think it's shadow mapping, but if it was higher res the points would be smaller.. PS3 doesn't have enough ram to do it. Overall GT5 looks amazing for PS3 gfx though.

Yes indeed. Shadows are textures too. Consider that every texture is a mipmap. Lets say you have 15 different trees. That's 15 mipmaps. Trees cast shadows, so now you need 15 shadow textures for your 15 trees and you have to decide on the level(s) of detail.

In most racing games, shadows are typically baked to the track and GT5 is the same. In GT5 shadows stay where they are irrespective of day / night change (you'd expect as the sun goes down for tree shadows to get longer). When you have a cockpit view - in which the dashboard has varied acute / obtuse angles, the shadow textures drawn on those fascias thus staring you in the face. Obviously you're looking at shadow texture edges, close up and scaled up with no higher resolution texture available, hence the jagged look.

If you compare GT5 to a game like Forza 3, you'll see how the XBox 360 deals a bit better with shadows even though it clearly has the same issues (as you'd expect), but no doubt the unified RAM helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9f23srF6lUY
 
NOT MY PICS! Posted on a Swedish forum by FiggeRacing, some very nice drifting shots:

148362_1421583310716_1566695799_30884352_8358019_n.jpg


73965_1421585030759_1566695799_30884360_7717302_n.jpg


149974_1421585510771_1566695799_30884361_3780125_n.jpg


75305_1421586190788_1566695799_30884363_6254887_n.jpg


154806_1421586590798_1566695799_30884364_6094661_n.jpg


75132_1421586950807_1566695799_30884365_4533888_n.jpg
 
Ah man this is torture waiting....I want to do pics etc etc.
 
omg.the smoke looks incredible.
 
IM uploading a couple pics I took last night, will be up in a sec, thanks for checking out my other ones and I will have others in 7-8 hours when I get back home haha
 
Back