Gran Turismo 5 Full Game Footage/Images

• Thread starter Sam48
  • 8,194 comments
That's exactly one of the most exciting aspects I'm looking out for, not going for the easy route...

You're up for a real challenge then. 👍 I must say, those weather effects look outstanding, but I'm afraid that driving with bumper cam in rain and snow will be enough of a challenge for me (with pro physics of course). But that wont keep me from having some fun with cockpit view with those weather effects (offline :P).

And how you expect that people would learn driving that way ? Where 1 mistakes makes total failure. Not everyone are pro at GT from start !
I think that's already confirmed that AI is more and more challenging how u progress the carrier while at start is totally stupid ( again for same reasons )..
And i can't believe how stupid it would be that i need to finish the race while avoiding all the kamikaze AI cars ....

Licenses? The same way they learned in every other racing game in the history of gaming that didn't use this ridiculous new plan of "gradual realism"? Perhaps even a bit of common sense? This is a non-argument. It's possible the AI gets tougher later on, and it's possible mechanical damage can be switched on and off, or switches on with certain difficulty/assist settings, but no way does the physical damage start impossibly light then gradually increase.

Oh and uh, no offense to anyone but I'm sensing a little fanboyism around that Forza video. The physics in Forza are great, as is the crash damage, it's not a threat to your precious GT5 so you can admit it. Yes that car is floating, because they're playing car soccer and the game wasn't designed for that. We've seen plenty of unrealistic physics glitches come from GT too so calm down and drink your milk.

And how you expect that people would learn driving that way ? Where 1 mistakes makes total failure. Not everyone are pro at GT from start !
I think that's already confirmed that AI is more and more challenging how u progress the carrier while at start is totally stupid ( again for same reasons )..
And i can't believe how stupid it would be that i need to finish the race while avoiding all the kamikaze AI cars ....

The problem with this approach is that a large percentage of purchasers is at pro standard from the start.

How many copies of GT5P did they sell? You can make a very good case that the majority of those buyers need a harder difficulty setting from the start

The only sensible approach is to have a flexible difficulty system that you can select right from the start, pretty much in the same way almost every other game has

awesome pics

is the photomode GT4-like? or can you just pause the game and go into photomode (like PGR/Forza). Do you need to finish the race and watch replay to take pics?

Dont talk about his game you know how he can get. Im really gonna laugh when the real damage is shown on how many people on this forum panic on this great site.

You don,t change. You said the same thing about when we discover cockpits in standards.

awesome pics

is the photomode GT4-like? or can you just pause the game and go into photomode (like PGR/Forza). Do you need to finish the race and watch replay to take pics?

I asked this very question and didn't get an answer... are there no clear videos of the pause menu yet?

so what about the physic, there is only 1 physic + aids that can be turned off? you can turn off everything from the very beginning.

thank you

You don,t change. You said the same thing about when we discover cockpits in standards.

Sorry you don't change crybaby. Ask Slip I ate my crow on the standard car cockpit thing which brings up the fact the official site says we have mechanical damage which i still have not seen, which means we have not seen the full damage system. So just keep on crying big guy.

Someone needs to take a damage video in career with all of the settings turned to professional/realistic, I'd like to see if it differs from all the arcade videos I've seen.

RBK, could you please upload some videos directly from GT5 to Youtube?
Is that possible?

Thank you!

He said it wasn't possible yet and you don't need to bold your text in order to get attention. You just look really obnoxious and annoying. He isn't even viewing the forums right now. He said he was leaving to go take a break and will be back later.

I apologize for nothing. The roll over physics in Forza are a joke and appear to be taken from a game from the 90s like the first Hot Pursuit. (You haven't seen the tail standing Ferrari 599 yet....yeah...) And from what I've seen, even with the "cat reflexes" (always landing on the wheels) it's STILL better than Forza. But, as I've said before, GT and Forza are completely different and their rollover physics just go along in proving that point.

15 deleted posts later. Infractions and warning will be handed out if you go off topic again.

Guys this will be the final damage model.

I have it easy, I don't care that much about external damage. I mean, I would like to see it, but I also understand that 1000 cars involves lots of licenses. And it is probably a nightmare to get a damage model everyone is happy with.

I think Kaz didn't want to go down this path because he knew how much of a pain this would be. He knew people would compare his damage model to games like Grid.

To me, the main thing is mechanical damage. I want the consequences to be real, or as real as is possible with the licensing.

I just hope you guys understand that you set yourself up for disappointment when you expect the company with the most licenses to compete with those that have none or very few.

With that said, it is a good comparison in this case to compare to Forza. In reality that may be the only other racer that has around the same number of car licenses. Just never expect to have Grid type damage. That is not possible.

Oh and Great pictures RDK! It's good to see how good those shots can be. 👍

Thanks RDK for some awesome photos.

It seems the camera is not moving along with the car, like real life camera rig shot.

For example:
large01719132.jpg

I thought GT5 is capable to do that from some early screens taking by PD
autodromonazionalemonza.jpg

I really hope there is an option on camera movement to take beautiful rig shot

I have it easy, I don't care that much about external damage. I mean, I would like to see it, but I also understand that 1000 cars involves lots of licenses. And it is probably a nightmare to get a damage model everyone is happy with.

I think Kaz didn't want to go down this path because he knew how much of a pain this would be. He knew people would compare his damage model to games like Grid.

To me, the main thing is mechanical damage. I want the consequences to be real, or as real as is possible with the licensing.

I just hope you guys understand that you set yourself up for disappointment when you expect the company with the most licenses to compete with those that have none or very few.

With that said, it is a good comparison in this case to compare to Forza. In reality that may be the only other racer that has around the same number of car licenses. Just never expect to have Grid type damage. That is not possible.

I agree. I don't care much about damage. I just want to race, drive, and win and that's it. Kazunori said in one of his videos (Beyond the Apex) that he didn't like adding things that break your heart (damage), cause he knows how it feels to crash your car or something along the lines of that. As long as the driving experience is good, then I'm fine. 👍

How can you say this is the finial damage when we have not seen any sign of mechanical damage?

i don't undertend why we have two people that have the game but they don't tell aything about physics?IT'S THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN A SIMULATOR!!!

Wow some stunning photos.

Have to say though im going to be taking a long break from this forum because I really cannot stand the complaining any longer. I sincerely hope that those who are complaining will find their PS3s blowing up the day GT5 is released. Why? simple because you don't deserve to play GT5.

If they didnt bother to make it at least halfassed, they shouldnt have made damage at all. Would have been better then to promise the best damage ever then deliver something this horrible...

Thanks RDK for some awesome photos.

It seems the camera is not moving along with the car, like real life camera rig shot.

I really hope there is an option on camera movement to take beautiful rig shot

I'm hoping they've basically just copied Forza's photo mode, because it worked well. You could adjust shutter speed, blur, focus and aperture all independently and make the camera move with the car or keep it still.

For people wondering why the cars in that Forza videos seem so light, it's because their tuning settings have been set up like that. For example, the "ball" has to be as light as possible, so that's why it behaves that way.

On topic, can we please, please, PLEASE get some pictures of standards? P.L.E.A.S.E!

And could someone also confirm about being able to change wheels on standards.

Considering the issue on standards is such a big talking point in GT5, I can't believe we know so little about these standards and there's people that have had the game for a week.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very appreciative of all the new info being posted by the users that have the game already, but some details on the standards would be really great.

Latest Posts

Back