Gran Turismo 5 Memorial Parade Laps - May 30th, before the servers go down

Which tack should te event take place at?

• High Speed Ring

Votes: 12 29.3%
  • Trial Mountain

Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Grand Valley Speedway

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Deep Forest Raceway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Special Stage Route 5

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Clubman Stage Route 5

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Special Stage Route 7

Votes: 7 17.1%
  • Autumn Ring

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • Eiger Nordwand

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • Cape Ring

Votes: 3 7.3%

• Total voters
United States
FL, USA, Earth, Sol, Local Bubble, Milky Way
TeamACRZARacingo
GyroxOpex
Hi all.

Since the GT5 servers are about to go down in a little over a month, I decided I'd like to organize a farewell event for it. Here are the details.

We're going to do 5 parade laps at whatever track you guys choose in the poll above. The parade laps are going to be double-file (like in NASCAR), but we're going to be doing them in missing man formation, so the pole position will not be occupied. The speed of the laps will be 50 mph/80 kph. You're welcome to bring any car you so desire, and run with any aids you want. The event will technically be a race in order to allow those participating to save a replay of it, so all attendees will be required to be in the pits before the event starts so we don't black-screen.

If you want to sign up, post your PSN ID below and I'll send you a friend request. Once I get the room set up I'll message you over PSN with the room code.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Hi all.

Since the GT5 servers are about to go down in a little over a month, I decided I'd like to organize a farewell event for it. Here are the details.

We're going to do 5 parade laps at whatever track you guys choose in the poll above. The parade laps are going to be double-file (like in NASCAR), but we're going to be doing them in missing man formation, so the pole position will not be occupied. The speed of the laps will be 50 mph/80 kph. You're welcome to bring any car you so desire, and run with any aids you want. The event will technically be a race in order o allow those participating to save a replay of it, so all attendees will be required to be in the pits before the event starts so we don't black-screen.

If you want to sign up, post your PSN ID below and I'll send you a friend request. Once I get the room set up I'll message you over PSN with the room code.

Cheers!

I'll be happy to join if the time is right for me :)

I would be happy to be in as long as it's at a time I can be on.

PSN is under my pic.

I'll be happy to join if the time is right for me :)
I am very interested if im not busy. I'll try to make it a priority!👍

Psn is LETS4000

PSN is under my pic.
If I can be on, I'd like to join, spend my final GT5 times.

PSN: SittingDuck_1

Just sent out the first round of friend requests to you guys. My PSN is TeamACZRARacingo (blame my keyboard). :D

I am very interested if im not busy. I'll try to make it a priority!👍

Psn is LETS4000

PSN is under my pic.

I haven't received friend requests from you guys yet, so I'm assuming that's because I've reached the maximum number of friends. I've removed a couple of people who haven't logged on in 2 or more years, so you guys should now be able to send your FRs without issue.

I
I haven't received friend requests from you guys yet, so I'm assuming that's because I've reached the maximum number of friends. I've removed a couple of people who haven't logged on in 2 or more years, so you guys should now be able to send your FRs without issue.

Oops. Sorry about that. I'm at my girlfriend's house. I'll be back tomorrow tho to accept it

I would love to do this, but what is the time/date? :confused:
My PSN is Young___Nate
(3 underlines) :sly:
I don't have GT6 yet so maybe I will get it for my birthday next month :rolleyes:

I would love to do this, but what is the time/date? :confused:
My PSN is Young___Nate
(3 underlines) :sly:
I don't have GT6 yet so maybe I will get it for my birthday next month :rolleyes:
The date is May 30th, but the time has yet to be determined. When do you expect to be on?

The date is May 30th, but the time has yet to be determined. When do you expect to be on?

Haha my birthday is May 29th :embarrassed:

Any time works for me, and I see it is on a Friday. So 6:00 - 8:00 P.M. sounds good :cheers:

I can save the replay and get it posted at a later date. I could just use a camcorder, but it would look crappy :ouch:

It would need to be after 6:30 pm CDT USA (GMT -6 hours) for me to attend. I work until 6. If it has to be at another time, that's fine, but I would love to be in it since I don't have GT6 either. It would be my last online run for a while. I have accepted your friend request on PSN also. Sorry for the delay.

Might want to correct the thread title, aren't the servers going down on April 30th, rather than May?
edit: also, sign me up! I'd be happy to join in if I can.
2nd edit: oh, I'm glad I was wrong, especially since May 31st is on a weekend

Last edited:
Yes please!

As long as it's the right time ;)

PSN is Cabriolet21. And I think we should do it on TGTT, or maybe Toscana course maker? Since those are not in GT6.

I only voted for High Speed Ring because it's a simple course and should be easy to keep a formation for the entire run.

EDIT: I just read it's the 30th. But how can we still race if the servers go down that day?
Not unless someone besides me has some way to record it, so probably not.
I want to record it myself, as it will probably be an event to remember.

Last edited:
Oh, so the servers go down on the 31st?
Technically, but I'm guessing no one's going to be up that early, so 6pm GMT/1pm EST seems the most logical time to have the event.

Last edited:
Back