Gran Turismo 6 completed in 48 hours

  • Thread starter Thread starter Lionjaws
  • 58 comments
  • 7,654 views
Online is always where a games lifespan is, it's a shame GT6 online is so bad. They need to clean it up quite a lot, and also have a new option to host where there is no practice, you just sit in the lobby until the host starts the race. At least that way you can have a little bit of confidence that the race will hopefully start rather than people doing lap after lap on their own ignoring everyone / not realising anyone is there.

Another wicked game mode as super cheesy as it sounds (might be GT's style actually) is cat and mouse. I remember playing it loads on PGR and it was so much fun, having to ram a car making it "it" then running away / chasing, it really felt good when you was a fast racer in that.

Maybe even a football mode with cars... anything lol just little mini games for a laugh, I would enjoy things like this with physics that aren't arcadey.
 
According to the stats page I've completed every race within 48 hours, now what?

Install the next harder compound tire and repeat.

Then, install the next harder compound tire and repeat.

Then, install the next harder compound tire and repeat.

Then, install the next harder compound tire and repeat.

Then change to a different car and repeat.

Then change to a different car and the next harder compound tire and repeat.

At some point you will become a better driver and learn something....what's there not to like about that?
 
I've spent the evening running the N24 GTR around the 24h nurburgring track in arcade.

All aids off inc abs 0. Totally standard car, ai aggressiveness 10 and professional. Time 60 and just go.

Spent atleast and hour and a half just overtaking the pack cleanly, catching the rabbit, then slow him down till the pack catches up, drop to the back, rinse and repeat.

If the ai could provide me with a proper challenge, it would be better, but you can have some good little battles if you force yourself to be super clean, as per real life, and bunching the entire grid helps get some very Interesting racing in the pitch black, 3 abreast at flugplatz!

I'm not masochistic enough to put weather changeability on, but thats another option if your still bored.
 
We all know gt6 was/is a compromise.

Gt7 will /should be epic.

1,Why was/is it a compromise, they had just about sorted everything in GT5 and they then had 3 years (more than 90% of other devs get to make games from scratch) to add and improve on that but it comes with less features and more bugs?

2, Didn't everyone say that exact same thing about GT6 when GT5 came out?
 
GT6 was the smallest/fastest game to complete ever 👎
Yes, that's why it is twice as long as GTA5 and 3 times longer than The last of Us, 2 of the longest "story" modes of any PS3 game?
And I'm guessing you haven't done the Mission, One-make, Goodwood or Coffee break events either.
 
Play NFS Rivals and wait for updates. :cheers:
 
Gran Turismo 6 isn't short, it's more fluid. There is an important distinction.

It has more races than GT5 but progress is fast because there is no XP system that blocks us unnecessarily and also no endurance races. Also, I found the career mode, more diverse and more fun than Gran Turismo 5. And to me, it's more important.

In addition, track editor and B-SPEC mode will come via update, which will increase duration of the game.
We can moan like anything that isn't directly in Blu-Ray but it's the new mode of development, it will get used to it.
 
Last edited:
I found the career mode, more diverse and more fun than Gran Turismo 5. And to me, it's more important.
I have to totally disagree on what you said, And what makes it more important to you.
 
Gran Turismo 6 isn't short, it's more fluid. There is an important distinction.

It has more races than GT5 but progress is fast because there is no XP system that blocks us unnecessarily and also no endurance races. Also, I found the career mode, more diverse and more fun than Gran Turismo 5. And to me, it's more important.

In addition, track editor and B-SPEC mode will come via update, which will increase duration of the game.
We can moan like anything that isn't directly in Blu-Ray but it's the new mode of development, it will get used to it.

Thanks for addressing it ... all the whining in the forums about GT5 concerning the XP system resulted in ... this easy GT6 .... we got our(selves? and) fellow racers/posters to blame ... PD just listened to the users of GT5 ...

the entry level is lowered ... a lot (i would say too much) ... why not keep the gold hard ... and make Bronze a bit more challenging .... or differ the gold/silver/bronze times between DS3 and wheel users ... so they both get an equal challenge?

also Sony pressured PD to launch way too early ... that's why it feels incomplete .... quick and easy ....

But is it really that easy ? ... its easy to get a plat ... Yes! ... its easy to get 100% ... Yes!
But its also easy to arrange challenges that are hard.... and enjoy GT6 with friends online...
And still have damn good physics and tracks ....

the game really isn't that bad ... its just that we are too familiar with a more ... euh ... challenging points and licensing system ....

Also the trophy system is ruined ... i'm still working on GT5 plat ... while i could already have GT6 plat ... (if i wasn't playing other games too) ...

PD always delivers what they promise ... guess they have others to please to ... not just us "(high)end-users" ...

i started in my twenties with GT1&2 .... first arcade ... and later understood what Kaz meant with GT-mode ... let's not forget that a lot of young people still have to start from scratch with GT6 ... experience it ... as we did 15 Years ago ! ... we often sound like spoiled little teens ... GT6 is a good game ... we in these forums are level 100 users ... but we are only 5% of the GT buyers ...
Now lets go drive and enjoy GT6 :gtpflag: 3...2...1...
 
Last edited:
1,Why was/is it a compromise, they had just about sorted everything in GT5 and they then had 3 years (more than 90% of other devs get to make games from scratch) to add and improve on that but it comes with less features and more bugs?

2, Didn't everyone say that exact same thing about GT6 when GT5 came out?
It has a brand new (very good) physics engine.

Your post reads like all you wanted was an updated gt5.

The last games on any console are a compromise.

The console has reached its limits. The developers are pushing further, and having to limit themselves to the hardware.

It's not rocket science.

I've already said, anyone who expected much more from 6, is in my opinion, a little niave.
 
Where is the enjoyment in GT6, I am bored now with it when I played GT5 I did not get bored in a couple of month it went on for a few years after it was released plus I did not have internet access to my PS3 at the time and I had a lot of fun in GT5 but in GT6 that has gone missing for some reason.
 
Install the next harder compound tire and repeat.

Then, install the next harder compound tire and repeat.

Then, install the next harder compound tire and repeat.

Then, install the next harder compound tire and repeat.

Then change to a different car and repeat.

Then change to a different car and the next harder compound tire and repeat.

This is something I've never understood as a response to the woeful racing model in the GT series. You should not be forced to massively disadvantage yourself in order to get good races out of the game, the AI should be more closely matched to what you bring to the race.

Using your logic, Sebastian Vettel would have been running on tyres made of wood and a 600cc K-car engine just to make sure that Caterham and Marussia weren't left several laps down. (/sarcasm)
 
Right, not everyone have good internet connection , like me. PD do-able make more race for us, why they not do that? I waiting race for 200pp since GT5 until now but what? It's not happen. Lot of low pp cars there, i think it will be fun for race.
The point is we want more race (especially we who don't have good internet connection) maybe 100 race or 200 that will be fun. PD should listen to this.
Thanks n sorry for my english.

edit: yes it's start bored.
 
Out of interest, what driver aids do the people who say the game is too short and easy use?

I'm asking, because to me, driver aids are probably the closet thing to difficulty levels that we currently have for career mode. Driving with ABS 0 is a completely different beast than having it on.

The aids help beginners a lot, but if you're not a beginner start turning them off, and becoming a better driver. Maybe I'm just terrible at driving, but racing with no driver aids (including blinking brake\gear indicator) is certainly a challenge to me.
 
I confess I'm a casual GT player, so therefore will take my time to play it as I know certain areas I struggle with (Drifting, slalom trophy - always too close to the cones).

I tend to start with a stock car and see how I go. If it doesn't work, then I look at adding components. My aim is not to complete it too quick, or hit it so hard I can easily get bored, though adding your own challenges can add a new dimension to the game.
 
Out of interest, what driver aids do the people who say the game is too short and easy use?

I'm asking, because to me, driver aids are probably the closet thing to difficulty levels that we currently have for career mode. Driving with ABS 0 is a completely different beast than having it on.

The aids help beginners a lot, but if you're not a beginner start turning them off, and becoming a better driver. Maybe I'm just terrible at driving, but racing with no driver aids (including blinking brake\gear indicator) is certainly a challenge to me.


Every driving aid possible I have turned off, Having the option to increase AI aggressive-ness, Tire wear, fuel consumption on Career would really make this game a lot more interesting.
 
Just because you have got gold in a race doesn't mean you can't run it again to try and master the car and track. After all it's not like F1 drivers say well I won at Monaco last year so I'm not racing it again.
 
Great constructive thread... Love the idea of stalling the rabbit and bunching up the pack! It's just a shame to have to do that for some semblance of an actual race...
 
Again not wanting to upset anyone but after 3 years of re-doing races I was hoping for a longer run in career this time around.

Another point is why put in certain cars and then make them almost useless in career mode.

One of them is 3.0M and where can you use it? 300pp is awesome fun but you get a grid of 6 and 2 or 3 laps on the shortest tracks. Before someone says tune it, why? I'd just like to race it at 300pp.

Why there are no 4 or 5 lap races on longer tracks for the lower powered cars is beyond me. In our race clubs 300pp to 320pp are probably the most fiercely competed races.

That's just one example, there are hundreds. I have spent over 500 hours on GT5 and over 150 on GT6 so far, 95 percent of the time in career mode. It is a wonderful game and the only reason I have a PS3 but everything is so under used that it is just simply sad.
 
Yes, that's why it is twice as long as GTA5 and 3 times longer than The last of Us, 2 of the longest "story" modes of any PS3 game?
And I'm guessing you haven't done the Mission, One-make, Goodwood or Coffee break events either.

I guess you haven't read my posts, I've won it all and that means I've won it all, gold gold gold.......
And I did it with cars with 100-150 less PP just to make it a challenge.
I even raced some races using Sports Hard instead of the allowed Racing Hard because I got used to the fact that Sports tires where the common tire, but I still won gold gold gold everywhere.

I actually don't mind that the challenge is pretty easy, it's still a lot of fun, but I do mind the fact that there are so few races in every level, sometimes just one frigging race, that's cheap.

One thing I always enjoyed in the past was to try to set lap records every lap, well, that was pretty easy because there were so few laps :lol:
It was so much fun driving 90 laps or 120 laps or even 200 laps and try to improve for every lap.
That's why I will enjoy firing up GT5 again, to beat myself every time.

I would so enjoy driving against Vettel with that monster Fan machine for 200 laps with pit stops of course, but instead we got a couple of laps, why why why?
Is it expensive to add laps?
Is it more expensive to have 200 laps compared to 3 laps?
Disc space? I think not because the game is updated online.
Hard drive space? I think not, well in some cases shirley, but that's their problem, so why only have a couple of laps when they could've added million of laps, it's beyond me :confused:

It will be fun to see how long it takes for all the Vision cars to appear, during my game time I got two of them, both Mercedes, fun cars to drive, but only fun til the gold was reached.

Someone here mentioned F1 Monaco, I will too mention Monaco and say that once the finish is accomplished and they've gotten their gold, silver and bronze, no one of the whole pack will start the race once again, neither will I.
Once the gold is there I'm moving on......to GT5 :lol::lol::lol:

By the freeway, I have 27 million, to do what with, look at them? :rolleyes:
 
Here's hoping gt7 brings proper endurance events back, with gt4 style B-spec.

I'm happy enough with the physics jump from 5 to 6 to ignore the crap ai and lack of imagination in the career mode.

I bought gt6 to drive, not necessarily race.

And my previously mentioned arcade setup at the nurb 24h is still lots of fun if I fancy an enduro type event.
 
I'm going to point out that one cannot just simply beat Gran Turismo. In fact, almost no game can be beaten. There is always something to do, even if it is very minor or major, so beating a game is next to impossible.

Gran Turismo 6:
-Have you completed all the races yet?
-Have you collected all the cars yet?
-Have you mastered the tracks?
-Have you tried drifting or drag racing yet?
-Have you mastered drifting or drag racing?
-Go on TT's and set a time and improve your time.
-Get on GT Academy
-Go online and start racing with tons of other people and be able to dominate.

Once you have done all of these, then come on here and say you've completed GT6. :)
 
Last edited:
This may have been said but I am not reading back through all that. IMHO a game like GT6 is not one you just set out to beat as fast as possible. This game is a playground, not a straight line. I have had the game since launch and I have not beaten career. I am in no hurry and it didnt help that my wheel died and was away for 3 weeks. I was tempted to delete my profile and just start over again since I had played with a failing wheel and wanted to redo the 1st part with proper force feed back.
 
I'm going to point out that cannot just simply beat Gran Turismo. In fact, almost no game can be beaten. There is always something to do, even if it is very minor or major, so beating a game is next to impossible.

Gran Turismo 6:
-Have you completed all the races yet?
-Have you collected all the cars yet?
-Have you mastered the tracks?
-Have you tried drifting or drag racing yet?
-Have you mastered drifting or drag racing?
-Go on TT's and set a time and improve your time.
-Get on GT Academy
-Go online and start racing with tons of other people and be able to dominate.

Once you have done all of these, then come on here and say you've completed GT6. :)
I thought beating a game is getting all the achievements in a game and that means you have 100% completed a game.
 
Last edited:
Beating a game is getting all the achievements in a game and that means you have 100% completed a game.

I understand that getting all the achievements completes the game..., but only on THEIR stand point. THEIR achievements doesn't cover even half of what the game can be used for. So like I said, a game can almost never be completed ENTIRELY. This is the reason why I will always love playing GT6, because there's always something to do. Plus, once the community and track creator features come out, that just adds to the amount of game to be completed. :D
 
You really have to be motivated to savor the different styles of driving by trying lots of different cars in different conditions to get the most out of GT. An old Canterham in the wet for example (which I have not tried but will in a minute now that I thought about it) is part of the fun. Create conditions that didn't occur in career for instance with car/track combinations. I am not even touching online because I have not taken part yet as I don't know enough about setup, and lack the consistency I feel I need to compete. Working on that.

If you approach GT6 in that way there really is no 100% complete because there are so many subtle things you will miss by storming through the career mode and treating it as a gaming experience instead of a driving experience.

:Edit for drunk typing.
 
Last edited:
Back