Gran turismo 6 content on YouTube

• Thread starter Shahar
  • 46 comments
Israel
Israel
Its look like Gran Turismo 6 isn't very popular in YouTube.
Every big racing games/GT channel just got bored of GT6.
For example Valdudes, Gran Turosmo oink, TidgneyRacing , GTPlanet weekly racing channels and more.
What is going on? And do you know any good GT6 content on YouTube?

For example Valdudes, Gran Turosmo oink, TidgneyRacing , GTPlanet weekly racing channels and more.
It's a PS3 game and the only way to direct capture content of high quality is through a capture device which makes the process a little cumbersome and not very popular. And being old and outdated many have moved on to other newer, better looking, better sounding, better playing games. GT has never been a really exciting game to watch in replay anyway, in large part due to the horrible, unrealistic sound package.

For seasonals there is a few channels: i follow dddsprayshop and Fraxial

(i did not post links as i am not sure if it is alowed, username will be easy to find).

One of the most damning things about how badly PD screwed up with GT6 is the lack of content on YouTube... nothing interesting to show off.

One of the most damning things about how badly PD screwed up with GT6 is the lack of content on YouTube... nothing interesting to show off.

This. All I use GT6 for on my channel is for some background footage and the one-off race here and there.

I love watching replays in GT games, for me it's half the game. I've saved a ton of close & clean exciting races too, from GT5 & now GT6. However, as johnny points out; it's expensive & awkward to capture & upload them to You Tube. So my races won't make it on there.

VBR
I love watching replays in GT games, for me it's half the game. I've saved a ton of close & clean exciting races too, from GT5 & now GT6. However, as johnny points out; it's expensive & awkward to capture & upload them to You Tube. So my races won't make it on there.
I'm not planning on getting the PS4 at the moment so I haven't followed it's release at all, but is it possible to record and upload replays to YT directly or to external software for editing?

I'm not planning on getting the PS4 at the moment so I haven't followed it's release at all, but is it possible to record and upload replays to YT directly or to external software for editing?
It records the last 15 minutes of gameplay in the background which can then be uploaded to YT (beware the compression though). You are also given the option to trim that footage after your liking before uploading.

Not sure if you still need a capture card for the glorious 1080p image quality though.

Last edited:

I've heard that it's possible with PS4, but that doesn't help with all the great replays I have in GT5 & GT6.

I record all of my online races using an iPhone 5 mounted on a tripod much like a dash cam. Of course most of the races are pretty non-eventful, and get erased, but every once in a while there is something worth posting.

I post them on this forum site set up by a friend. http://ccr.boards.net/thread/90/ride-chrunch

The video quality has improved since I first started. I would like to eventually get a capture card. But there is an advantage to recording ambient sound. https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/anger-issues.317268/page-3

Last edited:
It is popular, but not on the big channels annymore.
Oink, stopped because he got very frustrated and had personal reasons that he stopped, he did some clips again but then it stopped again, i think his personal life is more important then gaming.

Dubs does still try some clips, his ps3 died, and he got one from a friend now and does some events (mostly drift), he plays forza more.

I still record, but it's only a hobby, still upload every season events and updates, bugs and VGT's.
You can check it out, but no force, i don't need the views or subs, i don't use YT for money.

What do people want to see?

Well, in real life people want to see exciting racing, & in real life there is usually commentary when you watch it on a TV. So I guess if someone did something like that it might be popular. That was my idea for a channel anyway; online racing series presented like real world motorsport is on TV.

👍

It records the last 15 minutes of gameplay in the background which can then be uploaded to YT (beware the compression though). You are also given the option to trim that footage after your liking before uploading.

Not sure if you still need a capture card for the glorious 1080p image quality though.

I didn't know the PS3 did that!

Last edited:
Dubs uploads regular Forza and GT.
The last upload of GT6 he did was 2 WEEKS ago. Regularly uploading would be at least twice every week, not once every 2 or 3 weeks. Also, it's only drifting, what if someone doesn't like drifting? Same with Slaptrain, the only GT6 videos he uploads are drifting videos and he tries to act black yet he's a white guy in Canada, that's just annoying. Their content is pretty unprofessional, there's not enough of it nor is there enough variety.

The last upload of GT6 he did was 2 WEEKS ago. Regularly uploading would be at least twice every week, not once every 2 or 3 weeks. Also, it's only drifting, what if someone doesn't like drifting? Same with Slaptrain, the only GT6 videos he uploads are drifting videos and he tries to act black yet he's a white guy in Canada, that's just annoying. Their content is pretty unprofessional, there's not enough of it nor is there enough variety.

if you don't like drifting don't watch them , what do you want me to do?

VBR
That was my idea for a channel anyway; online racing series presented like real world motorsport is on TV.

👍

I think live-streaming on websites like Twitch might work. A few people on commentary with races here in the WRS on stream, they are played on a great level and would be very exciting to watch.

All the PCars videos in my Youtube channel were recorded and uploaded using the PS4's share feature, nothing amazing driving-wise, just some practice laps showing different cars at different tracks:

https://www.youtube.com/user/FS7kills/videos

Resolution is 720p, I can trim the video & change title, when uploading to Youtube I can edit title, description & tags. You can upload videos to Facebook or DailyMotion as well.
There's an option to copy the video to an usb drive in case you prefer to edit the video in your PC.

Slaptrain is pretty bad at GT6 if I'm honest, not surprising coming from Forza though.

True. A full-time Forza player who transitions from Forza to GT could struggle for a while due to the difference in physics and controller settings, though the same could also apply with the GT to Forza Transition too.

Take me for an example, not so competitive but very much a veteran GT player (played since the original GT on the PS1). I decided to buy a Xbox 360 so I may experience Forza, and I was not that good when I first started.

However, after a month of racing AI (with and without driving aids), I understood the difference in physics and became good enough at it to compete with other players. I usually finished between 4th and 7th against Forza players, yet my best finish was being the race winner in a 10-lap C-Class vans-only race with all Driving Aids except ABS disabled at Suzuka Circuit in a tuned AWD Ford Transit with a personally-made "Spiral Knights" livery (it was done a week ago, on the last day of my 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership).

Maybe Slap will eventually get better at Gran Turismo, we'll just have to wait and see.

True. A full-time Forza player who transitions from Forza to GT could struggle for a while due to the difference in physics and controller settings, though the same could also apply with the GT to Forza Transition too.

Take me for an example, not so competitive but very much a veteran GT player (played since the original GT on the PS1). I decided to buy a Xbox 360 so I may experience Forza, and I was not that good when I first started.

However, after a month of racing AI (with and without driving aids), I understood the difference in physics and became good enough at it to compete with other players. I usually finished between 4th and 7th against Forza players, yet my best finish was being the race winner in a 10-lap C-Class vans-only race with all Driving Aids except ABS disabled at Suzuka Circuit in a tuned AWD Ford Transit with a personally-made "Spiral Knights" livery (it was done a week ago, on the last day of my 12-month Xbox Live Gold membership).

Maybe Slap will eventually get better at Gran Turismo, we'll just have to wait and see.
Maybe he'll get better at driving but that doesn't stop him from repeating the same few phrases over and over again and trying to act black... I'm not racist or anything but what kind of white guy wants to act black? And he's just generally ignorant, he doesn't know things about Forza that I know WITHOUT EVEN PLAYING IT... This is why I just don't watch youtubers unless they're centered around stats, science or facts (Drift0r, Sci show, Game Theory) because apperently those are the only smart people on Earth...

Maybe he'll get better at driving but that doesn't stop him from repeating the same few phrases over and over again and trying to act black... I'm not racist or anything but what kind of white guy wants to act black? And he's just generally ignorant, he doesn't know things about Forza that I know WITHOUT EVEN PLAYING IT... This is why I just don't watch youtubers unless they're centered around stats, science or facts (Drift0r, Sci show, Game Theory) because apparently those are the only smart people on Earth...
I understand clearly that everyone has their preferred shows, and you clearly prefer shows on YouTube that focus more on actual facts. Personally, I am into Automotive-themed shows (regardless if the are entertaining or providing actual facts, though I prefer a mix of both), but I do watch other shows as well (I have watched Game Theory, and it is a good show that's both entertaining and full of facts).

I personally haven't watched that many of Slap's videos, but I do know about the way he acts in his videos and that he lacks the in-game experience to post Gran Turismo content. He is clearly more interested in entertaining his viewers and finding ways to increase them instead of providing real facts, and yet I agree his way of altering vocal personality to someone of another racial background isn't right. A person should be who they are and not act like a person they aren't.

Back