Gran Turismo 6

  • Thread starter Thread starter Aldajjal_2010
  • 58 comments
  • 4,255 views
GT5 is the GT3 of the PS3. GT6 will be the GT4 of the PS3. I'm pretty sure there will be A LOT more things to do in the next game, just as GT4 was a HUGE expansion from GT3
 
Kaz has already said

He's said many things that have turned out to be ******** including the latest delays. Personally I don't trust a word he says.
 
GT5 is the GT3 of the PS3. GT6 will be the GT4 of the PS3. I'm pretty sure there will be A LOT more things to do in the next game, just as GT4 was a HUGE expansion from GT3

👍👍👍
 
I'd like to see what updates come out this year for GT5. What I am a bit sad about is the lack more A-spec. B-spec bores me to tears. If the online community stays active I'll play GT5 indefinitely.

I'm also hoping for more cars in the update, I'd like to see cars from different touring car series around the globe as an example. But more importantly I'd like to see more tracks. I'd be the first to purchase a map pack from the PS store if that were to happen.

GT6 I'm guessing is going to be for PS4.
 
I think every 2 years would be good now they hav the setup on ps3 it shouldn't take that long. However I have learnt over the years what they say and what they do are 2 totally different things so I just can't wait for gt6 weather it b on the ps3, ps4 or ps5!
 
GT5 is the GT3 of the PS3. GT6 will be the GT4 of the PS3. I'm pretty sure there will be A LOT more things to do in the next game, just as GT4 was a HUGE expansion from GT3
I just did a crosscheck on the release of Sony consoles and Gran Turismo games. We are already deep into the life cycle of the PS3 with GT5. No other full version of Gran Turismo has ever been released this late in regards to the appearance of a new console generation.

14ucqvr.png


Given that the life cycle of the PS3 is similar to that of the PS and the PS2, we might see the PS4 as early as 2012. There's nothing serious on the horizon yet as far as I know, so it might well take some more time. PD might still have to hurry though, because Sony probably doesn't want to see such a huge title on a console which will be outdated and soon to be replaced at the time. On the other hand, all the "second" big releases came out in the year the console was about to be replaced.
 
Last edited:
I hope Sony will force Kaz to release GT6 on PS3. Would've been insane to spend 5+ years and 60m$++ to develop graphics/physics engine and all those premium models just to throw them away after 1 game, because if PS4 will be a huge jump forward (graphics/physics wise) like PS2 to PS3 was, then those "awesome premium models" will look there, as some of standard cars looking now in GT5.
So he'll need new "premium" models, he will also want to develop a new physics of course, then release another Prologue etc.

The premium cars do no need changing for the PS4, they are future proofed, just look at how much nicer they look in photo locations, PS4 will run them like that in 60fps. Without any bad shadows, no screen tearing, even more anti-aliasing and filtering and re-sampling and what-not. Scenery/track will be revised for better detail/models. Though they might already have that in the bag as it were. It might actually be realistic to expect a GT6 on the launch of the PS4.
 
The premium cars do no need changing for the PS4, they are future proofed, just look at how much nicer they look in photo locations, PS4 will run them like that in 60fps. Without any bad shadows, no screen tearing, even more anti-aliasing and filtering and re-sampling and what-not. Scenery/track will be revised for better detail/models. Though they might already have that in the bag as it were. It might actually be realistic to expect a GT6 on the launch of the PS4.
It's Kaz who said that, i mean "future proofed" part. ^^
He said a lot, but let's compare PSX (aka PSone) and PS2 graphics, then compare PS2 and PS3 graphics.
Best looking racing (and not racing, but we're talking about GT ^^ ) games on PSX, like GT2 looks horrible compared to 1st racing games on PS2, like GT3.
Best looking racing game on PS2 - GT4, looks horrible if you compare it with 1st racing games on PS3, like Motorstorm and even more hirrible compared to last racing games, like GT5.
So, i don't see how models from the older generation console can make it to a new gen game without "standard cars" thing. Sure, they can just upscale those to the real 1080p, fix shadows, add AAx8 or more, but so far console's evolution was a bit different from: "let's upgrade gpu and add more ram, so we can turn on higher AA". New consoles were a huge leap forward, at least for the Sony and Microsoft.
No, i'm not saying that's impossible either, everything can happen, but if 8th gen consoles will follow the "rules" of consoles evolution, then those premium models could only make it to GT6 as a standard ones.
 
GT5 is the GT3 of the PS3. GT6 will be the GT4 of the PS3. I'm pretty sure there will be A LOT more things to do in the next game, just as GT4 was a HUGE expansion from GT3

My thoughts exactly. 👍
 
PD's said that it won't take as long for GT6 to come out since they'd pretty much be building of GT5. (using the same game and improving on it extensively). And they've dropped hints that they're shooting for 3 years between GT5 and GT6. I expect to hear more about it at next years E3.
 
The next version of GT needs to be soon. Forza 4 is coming out this year. We just got GT5. I know for a fact I will be scraping up some cash to buy an Xbox for Forza 4. If it is the complexity of the PS3 that is slowing things down, that's fine. But, on the other hand the developers need to figure out how to speed things up. Work with Sony or something. Also, PD needs to quit talking. Keep quiet about the games while they are in development. How many release dates did we get? How many details that either never happened or got so twisted by the time they made it to the public they were ridiculous, did we hear. That's probably what I couldn't stand the most. The things they kept saying that never happened.
 
The next version of GT needs to be soon. Forza 4 is coming out this year. We just got GT5. I know for a fact I will be scraping up some cash to buy an Xbox for Forza 4. If it is the complexity of the PS3 that is slowing things down, that's fine. But, on the other hand the developers need to figure out how to speed things up. Work with Sony or something. Also, PD needs to quit talking. Keep quiet about the games while they are in development. How many release dates did we get? How many details that either never happened or got so twisted by the time they made it to the public they were ridiculous, did we hear. That's probably what I couldn't stand the most. The things they kept saying that never happened.

Same here....I'm waiting for a FM4+Xbox360 combopack. Even though it's completely against my principles to buy anything from Microsoft but I think it's time to stop denying that GT franchise is going to lose it against FM franchise, it even hurts typing this down.... ^^
 
Another thing is, there is no competition for PD on the PS3. There's nothing else they have to worry about. Everyone who owns a PS3 and wants to play a game like this is stuck with GT. If another company came along and made an awesome game, maybe that would change things up.
 
I guess Sony would never allow a serious contender. They rather waste an developers time with THHHREEEEEEE DDDDDDDDDDDDDD
 
I dont think we will see a PS4 until 2014. The "next big thing" to come from Sony will be 3D tv's without having to wear those silly glasses. And that will be before the end of 2011, maybe the early part of 2012.

As for GT6, I would love to see it on the PS3, give it a release date in 2013. and if its not out in 2013 and we have to wait til 2014, then it will be on the PS4 as the main launch title. It will be a much bigger game, like everyones said, GT6 will be the next GT4, that GT5 isnt.

Also, if there isnt going to be a release of GT6 on the PS3, I think we could see a GT6: Prologue on the PS3, somewhere around late 2012, early 2013. Which would be roughly the same size as GT5, cos GT6 will be HUUUUUUGE! :)




**** stops dreaming now ****
 
I don't think they have the capacities for doing both things at the same time.

👍

Yeah they tried this with psp thats one reason why we got GT5 in November 2010.
 
He's said many things that have turned out to be ******** including the latest delays. Personally I don't trust a word he says.
End of storey...AMEN !
 
Hope GT6 has leaderboards.
 
GT6 - will be many more cars, will be unbelieveably awesome :)

which is exactly what a lot of people were saying about GT5. I'll wait till reviews for the next one.
 
I don't think it would take a lot to fix GT5. A custom event creator would be enough to satisfy all the single-player freaks (like me) and the online capabilities and photo mode are already there. I may be somewhat an apologist when it comes to the GT series, but it's 'almost there'.
 
By the time GT6 comes, we will have xbox 9000 and Forza 8 lol
 
The GT "Concept" Is car collection. A smaller game with fewer cars kind of destroys the point of car collection.

That's quite true, but I don't want du collect 10 000 skylines or 2 000 mazda rx7 or whatever. Yes all does are "different" models and they drive slightly differently on stock, but it's in prinziple the same car to me.

Also the garage feater needs to be improved to make collecting fun. I want to have different rooms for different car types. I would love to collect all the GT and JDGT (don't know if that's the right abbreviation for these japanese races). The favourite system is just not the thing real collectors want. There's no real way to sort the cars by type.

But back on track here. I don't think that GT6 is so much work as GT5 was. True graphics improve with better consoles, but they can use most of the premium cars still as premiums. The reason why the standard cars look that bad now is that the resolution of the PS2 was still 640*480 for NTSC and 768*576 for PAL and the PS3 is 1080*1920. Scale down your screen resolution to 640*480 and then scale it up to 1920*1080 and then you know what I mean.

However until now they managed to make a "good" game and then listen to the players. They improved the game in the way the players wanted and then they put in additional contend plus some better graphics, mostly more details. I don't see any problem doing that in the next 2-3 years and giving us a PS4 GT6 bundle. (YES I have a dream .... and I know it's just a dream) However I also have to say that GT5 is just the biggest failure in the GT series. They at least presented us with a finished game until know and not only with finished graphics and a half finished game concept.

I miss the times when a game was delivered really finished and a patch was released 6-12 month later to keep us occupied. Not like now when you have to download 4 patches 3 month after the game release just to get a playable game. I also don't want to get payable DLCs some weeks/months after a game release to get content which should have been in the game from the beginning. That's just like cutting the game in half and letting us pay the double/tripple price for it.

Well the part with the DLCs is not true for GT5 for now but I really hope this stays that way.
 
GT5 is the GT3 of the PS3. GT6 will be the GT4 of the PS3. I'm pretty sure there will be A LOT more things to do in the next game, just as GT4 was a HUGE expansion from GT3

This is what I'm hoping for.
 
I dont even want to hear about GT6 until ALL the cars are premium in GT5. The thought of GT6 makes me sick. Finish GT5 then think about GT6. :sick:
 
Same here....I'm waiting for a FM4+Xbox360 combopack. Even though it's completely against my principles to buy anything from Microsoft but I think it's time to stop denying that GT franchise is going to lose it against FM franchise, it even hurts typing this down.... ^^

I'm probably going to jump on this bandwagon as well. Especially if I decide to splurge and purchase a wheel for GT5.
 
Same here....I'm waiting for a FM4+Xbox360 combopack. Even though it's completely against my principles to buy anything from Microsoft but I think it's time to stop denying that GT franchise is going to lose it against FM franchise, it even hurts typing this down.... ^^

I'm throwing up in my mouth at the thought of this, but might just be doing the same.


Another thing is, there is no competition for PD on the PS3. There's nothing else they have to worry about. Everyone who owns a PS3 and wants to play a game like this is stuck with GT. If another company came along and made an awesome game, maybe that would change things up.

I'll be giving Shift 2 a try when it comes out. Since GT came out on the Playstation I've bought only 3 or 4 other race games just because i knew the quality wouldn't be there in most others.
 
Yes, shift 2 looks amazing. I missed the first one and regretted it, so I'll be sure to pick it up this time around.
 
Back