Gran Turismo 6's Online Services Are Officially Dead Now

Far worse then 5 and 6 as at least you could play them offline. Hmm.

And think of how many purchased a PS4 mainly for the reason of GTS. In a year or maybe 2, they will pull the plug on the servers leaving many PS4s to collect dust.
I still play 6, no different now with servers off as it was 1 through 4. Only I can do so much more with/on 6 than the old ones. Only thing missing really, is the ability to use the custom tracks.

Far worse then 5 and 6 as at least you could play them offline. Hmm.
That's true, actually. And the GTS subforum and its threads here will become dormant once that happens.

And think of how many purchased a PS4 mainly for the reason of GTS. In a year or maybe 2, they will pull the plug on the servers leaving many PS4s to collect dust.
If that's actually the case here, then I'd just say that buying a console for one game isn't really a great investment. However, I do admit that buying a PS3 back then, my compelling reason for buying it is because I want to play GT5 mostly but that didn't mean that I won't buy or play other games anymore just because I already have it.

I still play 6, no different now with servers off as it was 1 through 4. Only I can do so much more with/on 6 than the old ones. Only thing missing really, is the ability to use the custom tracks.
Hey my friend my PS4 is collecting a lot of dust now, with PS5 around the corner and players like me and and many others will buy the console because of backwards compatible, and what are they going to do with their PS4 console once they got PS5 and it most likely end up in the bin.
You have made the right choice my friend not to buy a PS4 and GTS and I congratulate you for doing that :cheers: and I really do, ok I have some fair moments playing GTS but it is way way down on the fun that I had playing GT6. I am still kicking my self for buying a Gran Turismo game that is not numbered game.

I have just started GT6 again from scratch my friend using my Anniversary Edition Cars, which for some unknowing reason I like those cars especially the Corvette Stingray (C7) '14 in the game and I will play GT6 until PS5 comes out to see what GTS is like on that console, or we may wait until GT7 which will make things better at Christmas time, but I really think GTS is finishes with me.

If that's actually the case here, then I'd just say that buying a console for one game isn't really a great investment. However, I do admit that buying a PS3 back then, my compelling reason for buying it is because I want to play GT5 mostly but that didn't mean that I won't buy or play other games anymore just because I already have it.

I bought a PS2 to play GT3, although I did but some other games and then GT4. I purchased a PS3 to play GT5, found a used Prologue to get warmed up and ready, then PD delayed release for a year. Have not bought too many other games and still play 6 when I can. Only reason I would have bought PS4 would have been for GT Sport, but it does not appeal to me. Don't like being forced to do online and time playing is less than I had 3 years ago so game would not be as much fun.
I'm sure there are others like me out there, now another New console, and rumors of the next title being released on it. That would mean die-hard fans would now have to buy another console, even if they bought other games for the PS4, They would now be on the PS5.
Glad I'm still playing 6, more than my money's worth from the PS3 and GT6.

I bought a PS2 to play GT3, although I did but some other games and then GT4. I purchased a PS3 to play GT5, found a used Prologue to get warmed up and ready, then PD delayed release for a year. Have not bought too many other games and still play 6 when I can. Only reason I would have bought PS4 would have been for GT Sport, but it does not appeal to me. Don't like being forced to do online and time playing is less than I had 3 years ago so game would not be as much fun.
I'm sure there are others like me out there, now another New console, and rumors of the next title being released on it. That would mean die-hard fans would now have to buy another console, even if they bought other games for the PS4, They would now be on the PS5.
Glad I'm still playing 6, more than my money's worth from the PS3 and GT6.
I will buy a PS5 and only have game on it, and it is funny that players are having fun on the PS3 console than on a PS4.

They should release a patch to make the game playable offline out of courtesy.. I find the online only thing really unacceptable. If they do not people should just start a petition, it's a product they paid for after all.

They should release a patch to make the game playable offline out of courtesy.. I find the online only thing really unacceptable. If they do not people should just start a petition, it's a product they paid for after all.
You mean GT Sport when the server shutdown ?.

I believe it’s a consequence of save file editing. With the esports focus in GT Sport it’s more important than before that the cars are not tampered with.

Hopefully the next game will be more offline oriented.

Was watching a few GT6 online race replays today. It was fun while it lasted...oh well...

Are you going to buy a PS5, or you just going to stay on the PS4 ?.
What does that have to do with it? a lot of people still like to play older GT games, and it's not like they didn't pay for GTSport, I hope you're not arguing for an expiry date in games cause that's insane.

VBR
Was watching a few GT6 online race replays today. It was fun while it lasted...oh well...

At least we can still play it.

What does that have to do with it? a lot of people still like to play older GT games, and it's not like they didn't pay for GTSport, I hope you're not arguing for an expiry date in games cause that's insane.
Because If you stay on PS4 most of the stuff will be on the next GT game, and that why I ask you. I use to like GT Sport and now I am playing GT6 & GT5.

Because If you stay on PS4 most of the stuff will be on the next GT game, and that why I ask you. I use to like GT Sport and now I am playing GT6 & GT5.

off-topic.. but I still think gt5 is most underrated gt ever.. by far best racing game for ps3.. maybe the amount of effort for getting 100% is turning people off, but that's kind of the point in GT games for me. Also special events were better, UCD is IMO great part of GT, there were shuffle racing. So much stuff to do.. If AI was better it'd be perfect game.. Outdated graphics and engine sounds doesnt bother me at all. One small thing that bothers me is that if you start from 0 to play it, you can't get platinum because 2 trophies were online exclusive.. not to mention 2 stupid trophies.. like share a photo and share a track or something like that.. Im at 97% I think but will finish it till GT7.

off-topic.. but I still think gt5 is most underrated gt ever.. by far best racing game for ps3.. maybe the amount of effort for getting 100% is turning people off, but that's kind of the point in GT games for me. Also special events were better, UCD is IMO great part of GT, there were shuffle racing. So much stuff to do.. If AI was better it'd be perfect game.. Outdated graphics and engine sounds doesnt bother me at all. One small thing that bothers me is that if you start from 0 to play it, you can't get platinum because 2 trophies were online exclusive.. not to mention 2 stupid trophies.. like share a photo and share a track or something like
Yes GT5 was the best and did have and outstanding Career Mode that keep you busy for some time and also the side missions, and as you said by far best racing game for PS3 is right. I still don't know why some people said GT5 was a bad game for.
GT5 was a fun game and it always will be fun and to me there was nothing was wrong with the game, that is why I play 5 & 6 now instead of GT Sport.

Back