Gran Turismo 7 Booklet Confirms Ferrari F8 and F12, More Details on Car Dealers & Tuning

• Thread starter Famine
  • 210 comments
And we got this as a scape in GTSport.
685150A4-69DD-4C50-B5AE-D5231B5C3AA7.jpeg

I‘m gonna call it. ;)
76A8AB33-83CE-4417-AE04-915DF32F8E43.jpeg

I would still like to know what the difference in details will be between the PS4 and PS5 Versions, hopefully Sony will have more PS5’s readily available before the Game releases, still looking forward to its release though either way.

At least there are newer cars like aforementioned Ferraris and Ford GTE and Shelby Mustang. The initial GT Sport car list were cars newer than 2009. When the Cobra update was added, that was the oldest car. Didn’t get many between the ‘50s to ‘80s. Look like we’re getting plenty of 1970s cars in GT7, though. That I’m happy about.

At least there are newer cars like aforementioned Ferraris and Ford GTE and Shelby Mustang. The initial GT Sport car list were cars newer than 2009. When the Cobra update was added, that was the oldest car. Didn’t get many between the ‘50s to ‘80s. Look like we’re getting plenty of 1970s cars in GT7, though. That I’m happy about.
Sure it's certainly better than GTS but anyone hoping for a huge collection of 80s and 90s Japanese machinery like the old games is probably going to be mostly disappointed, if there are only ~100 cars earlier than 2011.

Sure it's certainly better than GTS but anyone hoping for a huge collection of 80s and 90s Japanese machinery like the old games is probably going to be mostly disappointed, if there are only ~100 cars earlier than 2011.
Looking at the master list thread there are a LOT of cars from before 2011.

Looking at the master list thread there are a LOT of cars from before 2011.
More than 100? Because I'm just going by simple maths here. ~420 cars, more than 300 are post 2011 according to this booklet = only ~100-120 pre 2011.

Not that I want them, obviously, but in GT5 and GT6 100 wouldn't even cover the MX-5s, Skylines and 3000GTs.

Last edited:
It’s probably balanced due to the amount of VGT, Gr.1, Gr.3 and Gr.4(Gr.3 & Gr.4 make up about 70 cars in GT Sport) cars to normal road cars. Gotta remember, only reason for many ‘80s and ‘90s JDM, were because of duplicates. Take those away and there’s not much on offer.

More than 100? Because I'm just going by simple maths here. ~420 cars, more than 300 are post 2011 according to this booklet = only ~100-120 pre 2011.

Not that I want them, obviously, but in GT5 and GT6 100 wouldn't even cover the MX-5s, Skylines and 3000GTs.

I'm not going to count them for you but look for yourself. Most manufacturers have more cars older than 2011 than newer.

I'm not going to count them for you but look for yourself. Most manufacturers have more cars older than 2011 than newer.
Yes, I can see that. I'm just pointing out that there isn't going to be more than about 100 total, vs 300 post 2011. It's quite a simple notion. If we're already nearing 100 pre-2011 cars it means most of the ones yet to be revealed are going to be post 2011.

Last edited:
Yes, I can see that. I'm just pointing out that there isn't going to be more than about 100 total, vs 300 post 2011. It's quite a simple notion. If we're already nearing 100 pre-2011 cars it means most of the ones yet to be revealed are going to be post 2011.

I think seeing the number 428 in a scapes menu doesn't mean that's how many cars are in the game. There could be any number of reasons why it might be smaller than the final total.

I hope that the UCD refresh every in-game day (after 1 event) and not after every 1 real life day, but in the trailers we do not have a day counter like in previous games, so I'm a bit worried there. It's gonna take a looooong time to collect all the cars (especially if you're looking for a specific colour).

Music rally is probably similar to this (with more realistic visuals obviously):

Also, this booklet would be perfect to be included in the currently underwhelming Anniv Edition.

Last edited:
I think seeing the number 428 in a scapes menu doesn't mean that's how many cars are in the game. There could be any number of reasons why it might be smaller than the final total.
Even before that PD said the game would have over 420 cars. It's not going to be significantly higher or they'd use a higher "over" number, maybe 440-450 at the absolute most.

Anyway I just went through the current car list

241 cars

2011 onwards: 131
up to 2010: 110

So that means we've still got to see another ~170 2011+ cars to get us to that 300+ number, which would be a total of ~411, leaving only 10-20 more pre-2011 cars to reveal.

This is all assuming that quote of 300 in this thing is correct of course. Maybe there was some misunderstanding. If it isn't, then this is all worthless of course.

Surprised nobody has said anything about this. The vast majority of the car list is still going to be modern machinery again.
Which I like personally. but I doubt it means we wont have a lot of classics. It is GT after all.

Even before that PD said the game would have over 420 cars. It's not going to be significantly higher or they'd use a higher "over" number, maybe 440-450 at the absolute most.
Most developers announce car counts to within 5 (maximum 10) cars of the final total. Polyphony has gone as far as 75 cars, in more recent memory, over the announcement figure. Anywhere between 5 cars over to 50 (or 80) cars over, could be possible.

At this moment, assuming all of GT Sport's content moves over to GT7, as per interviews, we have a total of 42 new cars left to be unveiled, in order to reach the 428 mark.

However, if the 300 car Brand Central figure is true, there aren't enough 2011+ cars to reach that number: 200 from GT Sport and current reveals, plus 42 (if all of these are post 2011) equals 242 cars. Still short of 300. We would need no more classic cars to be unveiled and an additional 58 cars, from 2011 onward, to be at the required number for Brand Central.

In my opinion, either the 428 number is wrong, or the 300 number is wrong.

or the 300 number is wrong.
Yes I'm leaning towards this, thinking about it more. Although I'm not sure in what regard. Maybe it's 300 cars in Brand Central that are either 2011+ or some other type of distinction that isn't mentioned.

Is your 200 GTS cars including all the undated but obviously 2011+ Gr. + VGTs though?

Yes, I’m well aware, but 0-400m does not automatically mean drag racing when it comes to Gran Turismo. If you’ve played any of the older titles you’ll know this. That’s why I said I was curious what “0-400m battle” might mean. It’s the “battle” part I’m interested in, because if it just said “0-400m” period, I’d just assume that the old 0-400m performance tests from previous games are returning and nothing else. Now, I can’t read Japanese and I know that translations are usually confusing/messy, so I don’t have much hope that we’ll get actual drag racing this time around either.
It might not be, but a whole lot of their Japanese fans are gonna feel pretty misled if it's not. Seriously, copy and paste that little Japanese phrase into Google. I get stuff like this:

It's exactly what you'd think Gran Turismo "drag racing" would be. If Polyphony decides that it means something else then it's just awful marketing. Translations can be messy, but generally not three word phrases like this. It's describing a literal activity, and so even if there wasn't a direct translation in English (which there is) you could just describe the activity. Or like, show a video of it or something. See above.

If you're not going to believe that they're talking about what the literal words refer to, I don't see why you'd believe anything that brochure says. It's all in Japanese, it's all subject to translation. Seriously, there are people here who speak Japanese. This isn't some kind of gotcha moment - that's really what it says, that's really a valid translation, and if it turns out to be wrong or different in the final game then it's on Polyphony.

As additional proof, I can't find any trace of Polyphony or Sony referring to ゼロヨン for any previous Gran Turismo game. There's plenty of fans doing 0-400m runs and organising leaderboards and stuff, but nothing official. For example:

I find it highly dubious that they just now decided to start using a slang term for drag racing to describe a feature that they already had and had a perfectly good name for.

Yes I'm leaning towards this, thinking about it more. Although I'm not sure in what regard. Maybe it's 300 cars in Brand Central that are either 2011+ or some other type of distinction that isn't mentioned.

Is your 200 GTS cars including all the undated but obviously 2011+ Gr. + VGTs though?
Unsure. I haven't been able to count the cars one by one, so I'm using the figure from GTPlanet's news article on the pamphlet. There, it says the current count, for cars post 2011, is 200, including what's known so far and GT Sport's entire list. You should ask the writer of the article, as they will know the answer.

For a moment, I thought: what if there's a typo in the year? What if it's 2001 and not 2011? But then I went looking for this screenshot:

i1LxUIOCUuoQbb.jpg

As you can see, cars from 2009-10 are shown here. So, I think the 2011 cut-off year is correct.

For the 300 number to be correct, it would require a final car count of around 486 cars, 66 cars over the announcement figure, which, to be fair, would not be unprecedented. Also, everything still left to announce, would have to be from 2011 onward.

If that's the case, please have mercy Yamauchi-san, my heart can't take so much modernity at once! I'm used to it being drip-fed! :D

I suppose it could be a simple typo and meant to be 200, but you'd think that would be caught before publishing.

Or maybe they're counting the cars in Brighton Antiques within Brand Central. I suppose if there are 40-50 cars in there it would explain it.

Anyway I just went through the current car list

241 cars

2011 onwards: 131
up to 2010: 110

So that means we've still got to see another ~170 2011+ cars to get us to that 300+ number, which would be a total of ~411, leaving only 10-20 more pre-2011 cars to reveal.

This is all assuming that quote of 300 in this thing is correct of course. Maybe there was some misunderstanding. If it isn't, then this is all worthless of course.
When did they say 420? Was it before or after the massive delay? There is also the possibility they picked that number because someone on the team is a massive pothead.

When did they say 420? Was it before or after the massive delay? There is also the possibility they picked that number because someone on the team is a massive pothead.

With over 420 cars available at Brand Central and the Used Car Dealership from day one, Gran Turismo 7...

Those are obviously approximations but I guess as an estimate most likely the real car count would be between 421-450 cars.

The 428 listed in the scape could only be a placeholder and not necessarily a definitive number, but it's anyway a very safe estimate considering the 420+ advertising, anyway anything to between 420-450 cars is possible as a launch number

I suppose it could be a simple typo and meant to be 200, but you'd think that would be caught before publishing.
Indeed.
Or maybe they're counting the cars in Brighton Antiques within Brand Central. I suppose if there are 40-50 cars in there it would explain it.
That wouldn't make much sense. I mean:

i1dcyJsQPdoQbz.jpg

Brand Central is one thing, Brighton Antiques is another and the Used Car dealer is yet another. Each serve a different era of car, at least predominantly. If they're counting numbers from Brighton Antiques, then the 2011 cut-off year is a typo, because I'm pretty sure you can get far older cars from there, in fact, that would be its point.

If they can't get this stuff right, then what else about the booklet may be off? Not a good job.

Those are obviously approximations but I guess as an estimate most likely the real car count would be between 421-450 cars.

The 428 listed in the scape could only be a placeholder and not necessarily a definitive number, but it's anyway a very safe estimate considering the 420+ advertising, anyway anything to between 420-450 cars is possible as a launch number

Hard to say exactly but they will almost certainly be modelling more cars all the way up to launch but perhaps they will hold some back to generate continued interest and news stories with monthly updates.

Last edited:
You should ask the writer of the article, as they will know the answer.
That'd be me. It says "300", not "200".
1639831635751.png

Thanks for the link but without knowing when it was posted or when the copy was written it could still be very old info.
It is quite old info, as it's from when GT7 first appeared on the PlayStation site as a complete preview rather than a placeholder - September 2021.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link but without knowing when it was posted or when the copy was written it could still be very old info.
It's from when the game was properly announced in a big way with the March release date, so September. They would have known the rough total by then, hence why they always use 'over' at this stage. It's only when we get to just before going gold that they switch to an exact number.

As you say they'll still be finishing models up now, but they're not going to have a huge spurt in speed. It'll definitely be less than 500.

Back