Gran Turismo 7 Brakes Locking issue

United States
USA
RPR6143
Just about now, when I go into a race, the brakes on my cars start to automatically lock up and won't go anywhere at all. How can I fix this issue?

Dude. Read the OP.

RPG.. If you have wheel and pedels you might have a stuck potentiometer. I fixed mine with a shot of air from a can of compressed air.
Yesterday at 2 out of 3 races I saw a car in front of me at the start that just drove straight ahead with locked brakes right from the moment you could start. I can hardly imagine that these players all have problems with the pedals at once.

I think there is a bigger problem here...

Interesting. I was playing single player yesterday when I noticed the "brake bar" on the HUD was slightly being activated when I wasn't touching the brakes! Like, it would pulse quickly up to maybe 10%; I did a 3rd person view and the brake lights on the back of the car were flickering. It did this on more than one occasion on more than one track and more than one car.

It wasn't bad enough to really affect my playing and I confirmed my brake pedal was fully reset. First time I noticed this was yesterday.

I've noticed the same thing a few races and just assumed it was something wrong with pedals or controller (had it happen on both) though in the 3-4 cases where I've had it happen I just hit the pedal/button and it stopped.

Here's evidence

Click on the link if you want to see what's going on right now.
Yeah, that is FAR worse than what I've experienced. When it's happened to me the brake indicator on screen was blipping like that, but it reset as soon as I activated + then let off the brake.

Does it do this every single time you enter a race/time trial/etc? Have you tried a different controller, or remapped the brake to like R1 just to see if it improves?

Edit: I don't think it is your controller, but was just asking so we can rule it out entirely.

Last edited:
I would still suggest that it’s a broken controller do you have a second one to test with, and also, do you maybe have alternate throttle and brake setup? For example having both triggers and maybe also right stick up and down being throttle in the controller mapping?

CBH
Try re-mapping your brake and throttle buttons on your controller, or use another controller to see it it still dose it.
I remapped it and it doesn't do that. I'm getting a new wireless controller because of that.

I'm going through this braking automatically all by itself for some time now, has anyone found a fix for this issue?

I have almost everything disabled and ABS is set to weak, it still happens.

Logitech G29 Wheel.

I'm going through this braking automatically all by itself for some time now, has anyone found a fix for this issue?

Logitech G29 Wheel.

I have not experienced that one with my G29.

Suggestions:

*Make sure the E-brake is not mapped out in a spot you may bump it. On that note, make sure your controller is not somehow connected and sitting on the brakes.

*Make sure that the pedal set is clean inside. Take it apart and clean it with QD electronics cleaner. (Not sponsored, the stuff just works. It will not damage anything even most paint)

*Using a PC with Windows 10 or better, update the system firmware for the G29 from GHub.

*Lastly, recalibrate the G29 to the game. If the game sees very little movement to full effect it can do things like this. Do this anytime the firmware is updated. Explained v

I hope all this helps you and your troubles stay away.

Last edited:

Logitech G29 Wheel.
This sounds not like it is a game issue but a hardware problem: Logitech G29 series have a big problem with dirt in/on their potentiometers as they are open and not protected from dust and stuff. It is a pretty well-known issue. You can find a lot about it online and the solution is a simple but good cleaning - I already went through this and I know a lot of people who had to do it as well. Search for a tutorial how to properly clean the potentiometers on the pedals. A friend of mine even had to repeat the process three times before the pedals worked correctly again. (Maybe because he did it poorly but I just want to let you know that you might have to repeat if it didn't work.)

Interesting read, my G29 wheel is a week old and today I got the ABS issue, or an ABS issue. Noticed when I had to brake hard or hit something it seemed to leave brakes on. Power down max and car would rev. I thought it was a game setting with damage impacting the brakes but don’t recall GT games ever introducing crash damage impacting performance.

If I did get going by 2nd or 3rd gear the brakes would be applied again, sometimes max to stop me, other times just to slow me down and I settle the car.

Will try the cleaning.

Dude. Read the OP.

RPG.. If you have wheel and pedels you might have a stuck potentiometer. I fixed mine with a shot of air from a can of compressed air.
This sounds not like it is a game issue but a hardware problem: Logitech G29 series have a big problem with dirt in/on their potentiometers as they are open and not protected from dust and stuff. It is a pretty well-known issue. You can find a lot about it online and the solution is a simple but good cleaning - I already went through this and I know a lot of people who had to do it as well. Search for a tutorial how to properly clean the potentiometers on the pedals. A friend of mine even had to repeat the process three times before the pedals worked correctly again. (Maybe because he did it poorly but I just want to let you know that you might have to repeat if it didn't work.)

in race B in strait when I in full trottle I notice the brakes was apply a bit slowing my car, like flashing, I already clean the POTENTIOMETER 3 times with CONTACT CLEANER but the problem still persist, can some one please help me?
PS4 with GT7 on Logitech G923 wheels and peddle, THANKS

Last edited by a moderator:
in race B in strait when I in full trottle I notice the brakes was apply a bit slowing my car, like flashing, I already clean the POTENTIOMETER 3 times with CONTACT CLEANER but the problem still persist, can some one please help me?
PS4 with GT7 on Logitech G923 wheels and peddle, THANKS
It is not a fix, but if the problem still exists and you havent given up on GT yet: Try to set the minimal input for braking a little higher. (Pedal calibration in the GT options)

To me, your problem still sounds like an issue regarding the poti. Just because i put soap on my hands doesnt mean they are clean now - if there is some really small grain which doesnt want to get washed away by some electronics cleaner the problem will still appear.
"cleaning" is easy - but Cleaning is really hard ;-)

Back