Gran Turismo 7 "Classic Original Course Registration"

How many OG tracks you think are going to appear on GT7?

• Total voters
I feel very confident in Deep Forest coming to GT7 at launch, the fact that it was even in the GTS code at a time suggests it was already being worked on (Might've been one the first one they began working on) Others I think are coming at launch are High Speed Ring as well as Apricot Hill Raceway and Midfield Raceway, mainly due to how they were the most modern and up-to-date of the classic Original Circuits so the ground work is already there to build upon for next gen.

We have seen Seattle in the Honda NSX Trailer like 5 years ago and nothing.

We have seen Seattle in the Honda NSX Trailer like 5 years ago and nothing.

However, Seattle wasn't found in the game code in an actual patch update nor mentioned by Kaz (As was the case with Deep Forest, where the issue of scaling was first brought up back in 2018).

We will (not) see when the game launches :)
However, if it will be destroyed like Trial Mountain its no good either.

P.s. They have gone quite quiet for some time, right?

The fact they may have to rework these from the ground up makes me think there will be a shortage.

And no new Originals, they all sucked in GT Sport.

Others I think are coming at launch are High Speed Ring as well as Apricot Hill Raceway and Midfield Raceway, mainly due to how they were the most modern and up-to-date of the classic Original Circuits so the ground work is already there to build upon for next gen.

Screenshot_20200810-104857_Chrome.jpg

2 out of 3, not bad. Not confirmation, but I feel way more confident now that these were also found in GT Sport code like Deep Forest was.

I don't realistically see anymore than Trial Mountain and Grand Valley appearing at launch. I can see Deep Forest being added in an early update with Midfield appearing midway through. Seattle is forgotten. :(

Hope I'm wrong though.

To think that we'll only get 2 original tracks at launch seems pessimistic. We got Spa, Le Mans, Dragon Trail Gardens, Sardegna, St Croix, Tsukuba, Goodwood, extra layouts of Maggiore, Tokyo Expressway, Kyoto Driving Park and Blue Moon, Monza, Autopolis, Fuji Speedway and Laguna Seca were added to GT Sport. That's a lot of tracks over the 2 year period between October 2017 and December 2019, and if PD have been working on GT7 for the last year, I'd expect to 6-8 new locations at launch. Grand Valley, Deep Forest and Midfield will hopefully show up.

Screenshot_20200810-104857_Chrome.jpg

2 out of 3, not bad. Not confirmation, but I feel way more confident now that these were also found in GT Sport code like Deep Forest was.

What? Grand Canyon? That's insane!

I really hope all these tracks make up to GT7. If they do, I would be very curious to see that new Grand Canyon.

Totally unexpected, at least for me.

What? Grand Canyon? That's insane!

I really hope all these tracks make up to GT7. If they do, I would be very curious to see that new Grand Canyon.

Totally unexpected, at least for me.

Both Grand Canyon and Cape Ring were big surprises for me, don't recall either being among the most wanted to return in a GT game.

Is GT7 being billed as an e-sports title? I'm getting the impression that it isn't, but I could very well be wrong. If it isn't, I'm sure we can wind up seeing a whole bunch of them.

I'd absolutely love to see SSR11, buuuut I'm guessing I'm alone in that.

GT7 isn't being billed as anything really, yet. They've released one trailer and zero further information so far.

However, Seattle wasn't found in the game code in an actual patch update nor mentioned by Kaz (As was the case with Deep Forest, where the issue of scaling was first brought up back in 2018).
It could've simply been a build of Seattle only meant for promotional videos like the NSX trailer, and not actually intended to be implemented into a GT title. As a result, it could also be that this allowed PD to spend less time/resources on it, and focus more on courses that were indeed going to be added to the series - or revamping older courses, like Midfield.

Is GT7 being billed as an e-sports title? I'm getting the impression that it isn't, but I could very well be wrong. If it isn't, I'm sure we can wind up seeing a whole bunch of them.

AFAIK, Sport Mode is going to be more of a side-thing in GT7, rather than how in GTS, it's the main mode. That said, I still look forward to how PD plans to reintroduce it.

AFAIK, Sport Mode is going to be more of a side-thing in GT7, rather than how in GTS, it's the main mode. That said, I still look forward to how PD plans to reintroduce it.
I don't want them to re-introduce it at all...

So since the release of the early teaser trailer, I have been on a bit of a nostalgia trip. I have been watching a ton of videos on YouTube, from GT1 all the way through to GT6 and have a real need for Route 5 (both special and clubman) and SSR11, however I came to a realisation the other day when I was trying to recreate some nostalgia in GT Sport. I did a custom race on one of the Tokyo loops at night, 6 cars, N300 class, grid start etc. and then it hit me - we will probably never see these great tracks again because they will have been superseded by the (in my opinion) boring Tokyo loop tracks!

So with that said, i think the most likely ones to make a return are: Grand Valley, Apricot Hill, Midfield Raceway & Deep Forest. I’d like to see others such as Cape Ring (controversial I know!), High Speed Ring and Autumn Ring (incl. Mini) make a comeback!

Depends on your time zone, it's past midnight here, already September 16. So technically the PS5 event will be today for me. In your case it's tomorrow.

I actually got to thinking about how it would be cool for them to release a trailer at night, as that's unconventional. I got excited and started searching up a storm looking for some inkling of a trailer announcement :lol:

Back