Gran Turismo 7 Confirmed to also launch on PlayStation 4, is a cross-gen title

• Thread starter Vspectra
  • 2,048 comments

Are you disappointed GT7 is also on PS4 with gameplay & graphic assets held back by PS4 limitations?

• Total voters
Don't know is this is the right forum for my dumb Q.
Can it be avalible on ps2-5 in the play-on-pc app they have?Just a silly Q but.I thinking of download and install sony's app.Anyone here knows anything about that app?It's hard to find in sony playstation's site but i found it.
You mean Playstation Now on PC? Probably not, GT games have never been on that service that I know of, probably because of licensing.

You mean Playstation Now on PC? Probably not, GT games have never been on that service that I know of, probably because of licensing.
Thank you!I've seen some games but no gt title.But is it worth downloading dispite the Gt games?I'm a swede so i misstype many words.I'm still trying to get hold of an ps-4 from a friend.

Thank you!I've seen some games but no gt title.But is it worth downloading dispite the Gt games?I'm a swede so i misstype many words.I'm still trying to get hold of an ps-4 from a friend.
I've used it for a couple of games via trials, it's a good service. If there are games on there you want to play and don't have a PS console, go for it.

Let's face it. GT7 is basically Gran Turismo Sport: Director's Cut.

To me, this is fine, because I like GT Sport. But I understand the drawbacks that come with this developmental choice.

Let's face it. GT7 is basically Gran Turismo Sport: Director's Cut.

To me, this is fine, because I like GT Sport. But I understand the drawbacks that come with this developmental choice.
Was Gran Turismo 2 also Gran Turismo 1 directors cut?

If people applied this logic to every game series they'd see how silly it is.

Was Gran Turismo 2 also Gran Turismo 1 directors cut?

If people applied this logic to every game series they'd see how silly it is.
Well that's PS1 era, once a game is released, it's fixed. So of course to give new addition gotta release sequels. But now, there can be updates in games like DLC, which probably is about how GT7's addition can be added in GTS without making a new game or such.

Well that's PS1 era, once a game is released, it's fixed. So of course to give new addition gotta release sequels. But now, there can be updates in games like DLC, which probably is about how GT7's addition can be added in GTS without making a new game or such.
Not really, you don't have to apply it to the PS1 era, you can apply that logic to literally any game series. Is FIFA 22 FIFA 21.2, but then was FIFA 21 only FIFA 20 directors cut? Whatever series you apply that logic too it doesn't work. GT7 is GT7, it isn't GT Sport 2 or GT Sport Directors Cut.

I've used it for a couple of games via trials, it's a good service. If there are games on there you want to play and don't have a PS console, go for it.
I only got a ps3,might get hold of an ps4 this weekend from a friend.So I will get gt7 for ps4 next year.Another friend to me tryeied the game Baja under his 7-day's trial.Any experince of that game?

I only got a ps3,might get hold of an ps4 this weekend from a friend.So I will get gt7 for ps4 next year.Another friend to me tryeied the game Baja under his 7-day's trial.Any experince of that game?
Baja Edge of Control HD? It was a good PS3 game in 2008, the PS4 version has a better framerate but launched with massive bugs, I think most of those have been fixed though. Fun game, rally racing with 20 minute stages.

Anyway GT7 on PS4: I will be keen to see how it runs, considering it'll be like Sport plus a whole lot of real-time lighting and weather simulation. In GT5 and 6 the framerate struggled on tracks with dynamic lighting at 1080p(ish), and ran a fair bit smoother at 720p.

For a more recent PS4/5 example, Sackboy:ABA runs at 60fps across all platforms, but the catch is that it's <2000p on PS5, 1080p on PS4Pro, 720p on base PS4. A similar situation for GT7 would be regrettable, but it's possible.

Latest Posts

Back