Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,557 comments
What we need is an addition to the Tuning Shop for the more exotic parts and engine swaps.

But to ensure people don’t just machine gun their entire bank accounts on it instantly, add a cooldown like they have with selling used cars.

Level 5 weight reduction? 1 hour cooldown before you can buy it again.

Ultra high Turbo or High RPM S Supercharger? 1 hour cooldown.

Engine swap of your choosing? 24hr cooldown.

Titanium Piston & Rods, Camshaft S, Bore/Stroke Up S? 30 min cooldown.

Just a rough idea really. :D
The fact some people consider cooldowns are fun just cracks me up

Donc, les échanges de moteur 1.26 sont ? :

VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17) ➡️ Silvia TC

HR-414E-NSX (Honda NSX GT500)
➡️ NSX '92
➡️ NSX '02
➡️ Amuse S2000
➡️ Voiture de dérive Subaru BRZ
Swap for Silvia TC ? So we can now swap the engine for a Gr.4 model ?

Got lucky and won a non-bonanza motor: Ford GT Test Car Spec II! My immediate thought was "this goes into the GT40 Mk1, no doubt" but of course not. Come on PD! I'm not wasting this engine on a Ford Focus... Bring in some more engine swaps! We don't really even need more engines, just 5-10x the number of cars that can receive the swaps. I'd be more than happy with that (but I still want more engines, lol)

I'd sell you mine, if PD could add a way to trade between players.
I miss GT5's gifting system so much, dude. Can't believe that game was so much better with its community features than Sport or 7 have ever been.

If gifting and sharing cars ever does come to GT7, you know I'll be handing out those swapped and S-parted cars like candy.

Got lucky and won a non-bonanza motor: Ford GT Test Car Spec II! My immediate thought was "this goes into the GT40 Mk1, no doubt" but of course not. Come on PD! I'm not wasting this engine on a Ford Focus... Bring in some more engine swaps! We don't really even need more engines, just 5-10x the number of cars that can receive the swaps. I'd be more than happy with that (but I still want more engines, lol)
I have 90% of all swaps and the focus swap is one of my favorite. Super fun car to drive.

As you'll be aware by now, GT7 has engine swaps! Yay! 🎉

The mechanism seems to entirely luck-based, so in these early stages we don't know what engines are available and what cars they fit in. I've created this thread so that the cloud-computing-mind of GTPlanet can do what it does best: assemble a complete list.

Here's all the ones we know so far (with the Porsche M96/76 only seen in trailers and not the game thus far). Please add any others you find in the comments below - note the original brand, the name of the engine, and any eligible cars - with some picture evidence, please!

Updated: October 20/v1.25

Audi

• BYH-R8 (Audi R8 4.2)
    • Audi TTS Coupe '14 (!)
    • Toyota MR2 GT-S '97 (!)
  • R5-20vT-Quattro-Pikes (Audi S1 Quattro Pikes Peak '87)
    • Volkswagen Golf I GTI '83 (!!)

BMW
  • P65B44-Z4 (BMW Z4 GT3)
    • BMW 3.0 CSL '73
    • BMW M3 '03

Chevrolet
  • LS9-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1)
    • Pontiac Firebird Trans Am '78
  • LT1-Corvette (Chevrolet Corvette C7 Stingray)
    • Mazda Roadster (ND) S '15
  • LT4-Camaro (Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 '18)
    • TVR Tuscan Speed Six '00 (!)
  • LT5-Corvette-C7 (Chevrolet Corvette C7 ZR1)
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Convertible '69
    • Chevrolet Corvette C3 Stingray '69
    • Nissan Silvia S14 K’s Type S '94
    • Subaru BRZ STI Sport '18
    • Toyota 86 GT "Limited" '16

Dodge
  • Hellcat-Charger (Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat)
    • Dodge Challenger R/T '70
    • Plymouth Superbird '70

Ferrari
  • F136F-458 (Ferrari 458 Italia '09)
    • Alfa Romeo 4C '14 (!)

Ford
  • Coyote-5.0L-Mustang (Ford Mustang GT '15)
    • DeTomaso Pantera '71
    • Ford Mustang Mach 1 '71
  • V8-Ford-GT-LM-Test (Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car)
    • Ford Focus RS '18
  • Voodoo-5.2L-GT350R (Ford Mustang Shelby GT350R)
    • Ford Roadster '32

Honda
  • K20C1-Civic-'20 (Honda Civic Type R '20)
    • Honda Beat '91 (!)
    • Honda Civic (EK) Type R '98
    • Honda Integra (DC2) Type R '98
    • Mini Cooper S '65

Lexus
  • 3UZ-FE-SC430 (Lexus SC430 GT500)
    • Toyota Crown Athlete G
    • Toyota Tundra TRD Pro '19

Mazda
  • 13B-REW-RX-7 (Mazda RX-7 FD)
    • Mazda Eunos Roadster NA '89
    • Suzuki Cappuccino '91
  • R26B-787B (Mazda 787B)
    • Mazda RX-7 Spirit R '02
    • Mazda RX-8 Spirit R '12

Nissan
  • SR20DET-Silvia-S15 (Nissan Silvia S15)
    • Nissan Silvia S13 Ks '90
  • VK45DE-GT-R (Nissan GT-R Nismo GT500 '16)
    • Nissan Fairlady Z (Z34) '08
  • VR38DETT-GT-R-Nismo (Nissan GT-R NISMO '17)
    • Lancia Delta HF Integrale '91 (!!)
    • Nissan 180SX Type X '96
    • Nissan Fairlady Z 300ZX

Porsche
  • M96/76-Porsche-'01 (Porsche 911 997 GT3) - Only see in pre-launch trailers, not the game at present
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
  • M64/03-911 (Porsche 911 964 Carrera RS)
    • Volkswagen 1200 '66
    • Volkswagen Sambabus '62

Roadster Shop
  • LS7-Rampage (Roadster Shop Rampage)
    • Amuse Nismo 380RS Superleggera
    • DeLorean DMC-12 S2 '04 (!!!)

Subaru
  • LS7 BRZ (Subaru BRZ Drift)
    • Nissan Silvia Q's (S13) '88 (!)

Suzuki
  • H25A-Escudo (Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak Special)
    • Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution X Final '15 (!!)

Toyota
  • 2JZ-GTE-Supra (Toyota Supra '97)
    • Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R '02 (!)
    • Subaru BRZ S '21
    • Toyota GR86 RZ '21
    • Toyota GR Yaris '20

Incidentally, don't do any of this to get infinite engines:

Because it doesn't work as of v1.18

Number of exclamation marks in parentheses denotes my comparative level of "what the actual" ness

Nissan Silvia spec-R Aero GR.4 HAS A SWAP NOW. GTR NISMO

Attachments

• 1851fdb414293-3ee6b882c8cf651399d0d30032737f9fe384bdc1-725_message_427846840942163_1671276722430.jpg
    1851fdb414293-3ee6b882c8cf651399d0d30032737f9fe384bdc1-725_message_427846840942163_1671276722430.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
I'm with Blazer on this. The Focus with that motor is a gem. Doesn't mean it's for everyone, but it is super versatile and tunable, fit for both speed and twitchy wet surface (or even gravel), fuel efficient and surprisingly easy on the tires when tuned right. Next to the 13B Cappuccino, which has been my money grinder, Focus is my most used engine swap. Even more so than the 26B RX7 which I, in principle, like better. There are just more things the Focus can do.

I'm with Blazer on this. The Focus with that motor is a gem. Doesn't mean it's for everyone, but it is super versatile and tunable, fit for both speed and twitchy wet surface (or even gravel), fuel efficient and surprisingly easy on the tires when tuned right. Next to the 13B Cappuccino, which has been my money grinder, Focus is my most used engine swap. Even more so than the 26B RX7 which I, in principle, like better. There are just more things the Focus can do.
Think im Going to give the focus another go. I found it to be quite sluggish, and not very fast.

Has anybody got any tips for the Escudo engine which swaps into the Lancer , i find it quite hard to control , I play on auto and it tops out at 185 mph . Which is fine for Le Mans , but other twisty tracks is a problem .

Just had another go with the focus, now as I am abit better at tuning. Had a quick fiddle, and it felt much better, had a go on brands hatch 700pp race. Smashed my pb for a gr3 lap by nearly 4 seconds, with alot of tweeking room to spare. Nice one specops and blazer.

Still think the deloreon looks, sounds and feels better, maybe I'll try a different livery for the focus

Attachments

• 20830191450231042.jpg
    20830191450231042.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Has anybody got any tips for the Escudo engine which swaps into the Lancer , i find it quite hard to control , I play on auto and it tops out at 185 mph . Which is fine for Le Mans , but other twisty tracks is a problem .
with the ULTRA peaky powerband and only 5 gears to work with its always gonna be hard to use. I tuned mine into a 1/4 drag race car whichs its quite good at, but nothing too special

As I'm now finally back by a big screen after pretty much 120 hours of travelling to and from, and attending, the GT World Finals, I've updated the first post.

Tiny Chromebook does not like excess list coding.
Hope you enjoyed it mate! That must of been a pretty good trip 😊👌

As I'm now finally back by a big screen after pretty much 120 hours of travelling to and from, and attending, the GT World Finals, I've updated the first post.

Tiny Chromebook does not like excess list coding.
That's the trouble with cheap notebooks.

Seriously, hope you enjoyed the trip.

Latest Posts

Back