Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,541 comments
Anyone else still holding out collecting their engine tickets from Cafe? I have 4 sitting there to hopefully grab tomorrow if they plan to do an update Thursday. Been patiently waiting since they released those “E”menu cars in legendary with last update.

Was hoping that would give me up to 3 chances for each ticket if needed…. Tommorow (25th), Thursday & Next Update which should be within the 30 day expiration if they do last Thursday in February too (the 23rd)

Having platinumed the game, and spent about 300 hours in it, I got my first (and only) engine roulette win a few days ago from a random 5-star daily marathon reward.

It was of course an engine I already had from the glitch days, but there you go, don't give up hope!, maybe in another year or so I'll get another one, fun fun!
^^
That’s crazy!

After reading this I was trying to figure out how many I’ve had since I started playing in October.

I’m not certain if i’m missing anything but I only see 7 engine tickets as rewards…

Menu 44
EMenus 3, 7, 10, 13, 14 & 15

At the moment I have 9 engines in garage, 1 daily ticket with engine waiting to collect and 4 still in cafe. I should end up with 14 in total. Am I missing another source of engine tickets or have I collected 7 of them from regular tickets?

Last edited:
Swaps should be sold separately at the tune shop
This is just ridiculous

Anyone else still holding out collecting their engine tickets from Cafe? I have 4 sitting there to hopefully grab tomorrow if they plan to do an update Thursday. Been patiently waiting since they released those “E”menu cars in legendary with last update.

Was hoping that would give me up to 3 chances for each ticket if needed…. Tommorow (25th), Thursday & Next Update which should be within the 30 day expiration if they do last Thursday in February too (the 23rd)

^^
That’s crazy!

After reading this I was trying to figure out how many I’ve had since I started playing in October.

I’m not certain if i’m missing anything but I only see 7 engine tickets as rewards…

Menu 44
EMenus 3, 7, 10, 13, 14 & 15

At the moment I have 9 engines in garage, 1 daily ticket with engine waiting to collect and 4 still in cafe. I should end up with 14 in total. Am I missing another source of engine tickets or have I collected 7 of them from regular tickets?
No you can have plenty some may be duplicates

The Roadster swap is fun but I’d hold on to the engine for now - update should be coming next week so you may as well wait and see what’s new, plus you may want to keep an unmodified Roadster as they haven’t been available to buy for many months.
When’s the update? It’s Tuesday

My roullette loosing streak is kinda geting ridicolous. Last new engine i aquaired was HR-414E-NSX, it was over 2 month ago. Since than i scored one duplicate and i run rullette every day. I can just say math is bith and Poly are complete f garbadge for seting rullette this way !!! im raging after 4 consecutive 3* rewards....i'm sry i had to say it... lol ;P

No update today it looks like, better use any saved tickets before the expire. Apparently Kaz has gone on record to say the future of GT7 isn't necessarily in monthly updates... maybe the new year sees that coming into place. 😒

No update today it looks like, better use any saved tickets before the expire. Apparently Kaz has gone on record to say the future of GT7 isn't necessarily in monthly updates... maybe the new year sees that coming into place. 😒
Yeah, prob saves something for the feb VR update :indiff:
I think if they indeed decide to not monthly update what they claimed wasn't allready the plan, they will loose a huge number of people.

Last edited:
My roullette loosing streak is kinda geting ridicolous. Last new engine i aquaired was HR-414E-NSX, it was over 2 month ago. Since than i scored one duplicate and i run rullette every day. I can just say math is bith and Poly are complete f garbadge for seting rullette this way !!! im raging after 4 consecutive 3* rewards....i'm sry i had to say it... lol ;P
Gut feeling tells me the roulette engine swaps have been just about completely removed. I haven't gotten one in about 6 months now. I hope it is a sign of a change in the swap policy alltogether, but then again could just be PD holding a grudge about the bonanza.

Gut feeling tells me the roulette engine swaps have been just about completely removed. I haven't gotten one in about 6 months now. I hope it is a sign of a change in the swap policy alltogether, but then again could just be PD holding a grudge about the bonanza.
I got an R8 engine in a 4 star ticket last week

Got an LT5 earlier this week

Last edited:
Finally got round to fitting the LT4 in the Tuscan last night. Gave it a tune and took it to Dragon Trail for the WTC700 race. It stormed it, winning by nearly a lap. Absolute gem of a thing!

Anyone got a good, stable tune for the Porsche Sambabus? I've done the swap but its undriveable...

Last edited:
Finally got round to fitting the LT4 in the Tuscan last night. Gave it a tune and took it to Dragon Trail for the WTC700 race. It stormed it, winning by nearly a lap. Absolute gem of a thing!

Anyone got a good, stable tune for the Porsche Sambabus? I've done the swap but its undriveable...
@praiano63 just posted one.

This last Thursday of the month coffee' and visit to gtplanet with no update is depressing. Time to go sim 4×4 in snowrunner-

Exactly! Also, the only tune that works is to set up the NSX on stilts. It looks really funny on replay. But on the other hand, the times that the NSX cracks on any track are ridiculous.

Back to the S2000. The history of the car itself is very interesting. It's the last creation of Tanabe-san (who died before the car was finished), and it's supposed to be the ultimate time attack car, the best S2000 you could build.

An interesting read about the Amuse S2000 can be found here [link to article]

I've been testing it for a few days and so far it seems like it's one of the most unique swaps so far. I'm trying to get everything from this car but I feel like I can get more out of it and it can be even faster. But the speed depends more on your skills on the corners than on the pure power of the car.

First of all, its maximum speed is really low - on the Nordschleife, for example, you get a maximum of 320 km/h. But you accelerate like a madman. The S2000 is glued to the road so full power is transmitted to the wheels at all times. Next, you can attack corners like a Group 2 car, but when you lose the angle and aero, you're dead. Your brakes are so strong that you use 70-80% most of the time, so the car doesn't lock itself.

Last is the aero. Sometimes when the tires just can't hold the car anymore in a corner, the aero makes the car jump into the correct line. This behavior is so crazy, and it makes me drive this car lap after lap. The S2000 is a pure fun generator.
Time attack-wise, I think it can get around 6 minutes on the Nordschleife, maybe even lower. I got 6:20 but I'm a casual driver and I made so many mistakes.

In short, this swap turns an okay car into a proper racing monster. I don't think we've had a swap like this before. Sardegna 800PP is so easy in this car. You can lap everybody. What blew me away was that the S2000 can drive even when the tires are 100% red. lol.

Will you share your tune?

I got both the Enzo and Camaro engines in the past week or so
Also took part in the bonanza ftr.

Last edited:
It feels like I've been winning a lot more engines from four-star tickets lately. Maybe it's just good luck, but I think this month alone I've obtained the 13B, R26B, and the M64. Fun fact about the M64 swap into the Sambabus - Porsche did something very similar to that in real life.

Meanwhile, I did have some special parts for the RX-7 Spirit R, so after I put the 13B into a red NA Roadster, I installed said parts - including an Ultra-High-RPM Turbo. As for the R26B, I kept hearing about how the RX-8 Spirit R is a notably better fit, so I put it in the sleek black one I had with gold wheels.

I think the engine I want to win next is likely the K20, as I recall the Mini Cooper being an excellent fit for it.

Last edited:
Yes, you can find it here
Did you notice this car/swap has a steering-lock issue? Not your tune, just the swap in general. I've been working on this car for more than a week, dozens and dozens of setups, and it's the only car I've ever noticed that will have the steering lock-up under braking if the settings are "wrong".

My biggest issue with the car is the way the rear-end kicks-out when you let off the brake, so I've been trying to tune this out to make it more competitive at Sardegna, as this "looseness" loses quite a few seconds per lap. Toe was one of the first variables I started messing with and going from like a \/0.10 to a \/0.09 (just as an example, it all depends on other suspension settings) will cause the steering to lock when braking. Then I noticed it will do it with roll bars, ride height, and even brake bias, lol. It's almost like the brake-lock that occurs if you aren't using ABS and just stomp the brake, but it happens whether you have ABS on or off.

This car has the potential to be one of the best swaps in the game, but the suspension is so broken when you put the NSX Concept '16 engine in it that it relegates it to a car that's just fun to slide around corners. It SHOULD be putting up GT3 or better lap times at Sardegna, so hopefully PD fixes whatever the problem is in the next update (assuming we get one, lol.) Really wish we could pull engine back out of cars as I want to try the BRZ Drift with this engine...

Oooohhhh yeah!!!

185fb1f272d45-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_428788236178608_1674954047572.jpg

185fb1f488394-b161BC88273914BA1A5.5813BD5398E5A252_message_428788245115418_1674954082482.jpg

That's perfect timing! I just bought a second F40 tonight! I've made it into a replica of the pink F40 that was seen at SEMA last year. So you know, it's already sacrilege...

That's perfect timing! I just bought a second F40 tonight! I've made it into a replica of the pink F40 that was seen at SEMA last year. So you know, it's already sacrilege...
Grats. This is my dream engine for now. I have all the special goodies for it to.

Can i get one to polyphony ? NO ! but there is a 15 % chance you get it this year if you open up every single ticket, so good luck...lol :D
Did you notice this car/swap has a steering-lock issue? Not your tune, just the swap in general. I've been working on this car for more than a week, dozens and dozens of setups, and it's the only car I've ever noticed that will have the steering lock-up under braking if the settings are "wrong".

My biggest issue with the car is the way the rear-end kicks-out when you let off the brake, so I've been trying to tune this out to make it more competitive at Sardegna, as this "looseness" loses quite a few seconds per lap. Toe was one of the first variables I started messing with and going from like a \/0.10 to a \/0.09 (just as an example, it all depends on other suspension settings) will cause the steering to lock when braking. Then I noticed it will do it with roll bars, ride height, and even brake bias, lol. It's almost like the brake-lock that occurs if you aren't using ABS and just stomp the brake, but it happens whether you have ABS on or off.

This car has the potential to be one of the best swaps in the game, but the suspension is so broken when you put the NSX Concept '16 engine in it that it relegates it to a car that's just fun to slide around corners. It SHOULD be putting up GT3 or better lap times at Sardegna, so hopefully PD fixes whatever the problem is in the next update (assuming we get one, lol.) Really wish we could pull engine back out of cars as I want to try the BRZ Drift with this engine...
Yes, this "lockup" was a reason almoust nobody swaped it. I lost a lot of time to master this car to. Lock up just ruined every tune. I personaly think tires locks when body work colide with them, when suspension is lowering on heavy breaking. So i had an idea to make everything to prevent that and it worked. Then i started to fine tune it.
As you can see i fliped the "Natural Frequency" so it's stiffer on the front. I raised S-2000 as high as posible as well. I still think i can do a better job on diferencial, it could be even faster. For now i stoped using any rear wing. Rear aero set on 500 is to much in my opinion. 450 is ideal. I looks even better and more like a sleeper car so i take it any day :)
I started to use braking balance set on -2 as well. This completly prevents any lock ups.

Personaly its my most enjoyable road car in the game. I already drove more than 2000 km in it :) The only thing it cant do is driving more than 350 km/h. Beside that it's just top tier in every category.

And it's the only road car that use super glue :D Try it on rain condision and sudenly nobyody can even touch you ! you can even try go on sleeks....or as i said before Amuse is even driving on completly red tires in dry condisions ! this is crazy and basicly tell everything about this car.

This is my most recent tune

Attachments

• Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-29 o 04.55.08.png
    Zrzut ekranu 2023-01-29 o 04.55.08.png
    124.6 KB · Views: 21
Grats. This is my dream engine for now. I have all the special goodies for it to.

Can i get one to polyphony ? NO ! but there is a 15 % chance you get it this year if you open up every single ticket, so good luck...lol :D

Yes, this "lockup" was a reason almoust nobody swaped it. I lost a lot of time to master this car to. Lock up just ruined every tune. I personaly think tires locks when body work colide with them, when suspension is lowering on heavy breaking. So i had an idea to make everything to prevent that and it worked. Then i started to fine tune it.
As you can see i fliped the "Natural Frequency" so it's stiffer on the front. I raised S-2000 as high as posible as well. I still think i can do a better job on diferencial, it could be even faster. For now i stoped using any rear wing. Rear aero set on 500 is to much in my opinion. 450 is ideal. I looks even better and more like a sleeper car so i take it any day :)
I started to use braking balance set on -2 as well. This completly prevents any lock ups.

Personaly its my most enjoyable road car in the game. I already drove more than 2000 km in it :) The only thing it cant do is driving more than 350 km/h. Beside that it's just top tier in every category.

And it's the only road car that use super glue :D Try it on rain condision and sudenly nobyody can even touch you ! you can even try go on sleeks....or as i said before Amuse is even driving on completly red tires in dry condisions ! this is crazy and basicly tell everything about this car.

This is my most recent tune
I never thought to try lowering the rear aero... that's a really good idea, especially if your hypothesis that the car is somehow bottoming-out is true. I'm going to test it some more at 250 front, 450 back and see if it makes a difference as I really only tested it between 300/500 and max, so minimum might make a difference.

Totally agree that it's a really fun car to drive! One of the best in the game for just going to the 'Ring and carving up some corners, and even with that play in the suspension it's still quite fast. I just hope PD notices there's a problem and fixes it so that it can be both a fun car AND a highly competitive pick at Sardegna.

Thanks for sharing your insight on it. I've spent so many hours trying to fix it so it's good to know it's not just me having problems with it!

Last edited:
I never thought to try lowering the rear aero... that's a really good idea, especially if your hypothesis that the car is somehow bottoming-out is true. I'm going to test it some more at 250 front, 450 back and see if it makes a difference as I really only tested it between 300/500 and max, so minimum might make a difference.

Totally agree that it's a really fun car to drive! One of the best in the game for just going to the 'Ring and carving up some corners, and even with that play in the suspension it's still quite fast. I just hope PD notices there's a problem and fixes it so that it can be both a fun car AND a highly competitive pick at Sardegna.

Thanks for sharing your insight on it. I've spent so many hours trying to fix it so it's good to know it's not just me having problems with it!
If you can't fix this, I have no chance of fixing it.

PS: I'm still using your 917K tune. Which is just great.

I think im driving to much tokyo these days ;) "Wingless" S-2000 is great for Tokyo, but i tried Nurburgring and adding wing give it much more grip in tight corners.

Yes it so fun :) it drive kinda like old figter planes flew :). Very steady when going fast, when it loose air you become unstable, but very predictible and since it is perfectly balanced you can do all kinds off tricks. Like: start corners at very wierd angles, brake-sliding before corners and exit on full burnout in a perfect motion on RS tires (this is the most fun stuff) or just making fancy donuts :)

Pls share your tune when you finish ;)

Last edited:
If you can't fix this, I have no chance of fixing it.

PS: I'm still using your 917K tune. Which is just great.
I was thinking I need to upgrade the 917 tune, lol. If I do I'll leave the original up. I spent about 2 hours tweaking it to run full power at Sardegna and finally got it "safe" before realizing it just doesn't quite have the fuel efficiency... So I switched to the 330 P4 instead, lol. Glad you like the car though. I'm working on the S2k right now and already got rid of the steering-lock in a tune that previously had it it, so jesko14's idea might have saved this car. I'll have something up soon unless I run into another problem.
I think im driving to much tokyo these days ;) "Wingless" S-2000 is great for Tokyo, but i tried Nurburgring and adding wing give it much more grip in tight corners.

Yes it so fun :) it drive kinda like old figter planes flew :). Very steady when going fast, when it loose air you become unstable, but very predictible and since it is perfectly balanced you can do all kinds off tricks. Like: start corners at very wierd angles, brake-sliding before corners and exit on full burnout in a perfect motion on RS tires (this is the most fun stuff) or just making fancy donuts :)

Pls share your tune when you finish ;)
I had no idea you could take the wing off! In GT Auto? Never even thought to check since "race" cars usually don't have options. I'll have to play around with that at some time. Bet that thing's a wild animal without any downforce! lol

Your idea of downforce causing the steering/brake lock seems to have been absolutely correct. I've already got the brake-release "lunge" worked out in a Sardegna tune that previously had steering lock. I haven't found the threshold for where the steering lock starts since I started at the minimum and worked my way up, but so far 290/500 is safe, at least with a 120/120 ride height. That's how I'm going to spend this rainy Sunday, working on this car. I'll @ you and OldandSlow in this thread as soon as it is done. Thanks again for noticing the obvious that this cars body work is the culprit. I seriously thought it was some kind of bug in the steering and was about to give up on it...

Edit: @jesko14 @OldandSlow

Here's what I've come up with thus far:

Amuse S2000 GT1 Turbo/NSX Concept GT500 swap

@jesko14, you were totally right about the downforce. It's both the front and rear body work dragging, and the front downforce seems to be just as much of a problem as the rear. Around 320 front is when I started noticing it dragging while braking, this is at 125mm ride height so it may be able to go up to 330-350 at 130mm front ride height.

I've got this car running sub 1:40's consistently at Fuel Map 5 at Sardegna, so it's an improvement in terms of lap times for me at least.
There also seems to be some potential in moving ballast to the back. I have one tune at 47:53 distro that is promising, but there are some issues that need to be ironed out. I'll post any improvements or different tunes when/if I find them.

Edit: This one works well for Sarthe: Amuse S2000/NSX GT500 swap - 700pp

Last edited:
Back