Gran Turismo 7 Engine Swap Compatibility

• Thread starter Famine
  • 5,510 comments
I would keep the engine too. The Golf would probably need a new set of front tyres before even making it to turn 1.
It can barely do a 1 stopper at WTC700 Le Mans with racing hards 😁 Tires are toast very quickly. I used my Quattro S1 engine for the mk1 Golf, hilarious little car 😎

It can barely do a 1 stopper at WTC700 Le Mans with racing hards 😁 Tires are toast very quickly. I used my Quattro S1 engine for the mk1 Golf, hilarious little car 😎
I did a no stop in that race with the RA272.
Not an engine swapped car but just as a tip

Just got the Aventador engine from a ticket. How does the 25th Countach handle the swap? For context I'm not a big fan of the 25th to begin with, so for anyone that's done the swap does it change the car enough to warrant using the engine? It's not that I think the 25th is a bad car, I just think the '74 is better in nearly every way other than not having access to a front splitter. Is it lighter or heavier post-swap? I would almost exclusively be using it at Sarthe/Sardegna, so if it struggles to get 3 laps at Sarthe (or 6 laps at Sardegna) at FM6 it's probably not for me.

Thanks for any info in advance.

The engine gods smiled upon me today, daily workout on my main account gave me a new one!

1677491931430.png

Time to see how fast she goes :D

I'm still waiting on 26B engine. Wanted to build street/time attack RX7 (or I hope PD give us Mazda3 2.5 turbo AWD, so I can make TCP Magic/MadMike's car)

Also wants to build RSR 17 engine on Cayman (Basically mini 911 RSR).

I don't think it can be engine swapped. Yeah I noticed it could do a no stopper with fuel saving, but at least for me the high rpm turbo version likes to chew its tires 😬 Softs were very much dead after 3 laps, and mediums I could have maybe stretched to a 5th lap if needed (but decided not to, in order to avoid an 8th lap), although that lap would have been very sketchy. So yeah I can see a 0 stopper work with hard tires, but you need to wait like 30-45 sec or so in full dry, if you want avoid a 8th lap. Since car does low 4 minute laps, at least sub 4.10.

Does yours handle? Mine dives wherever it so pleases when I hit the brakes. Death Trap status ☠️

The Supra is pretty fast with the swap, sits around Delorean level at 463km/h but not quite top 5 :(

I don't understand the fascination of slapping it in something and then just hoofing it as fast as you can... The joy of (most of) the engine swaps for me is making something that can be used and enjoyed. I adore the GTR swapped Delta with no engine mods at all and just a few chassis (and braking!) tweaks - same with some of the 26B swaps.

I appreciate the 'because I can' attitude, but never really understood it myself...

I don't understand the fascination of slapping it in something and then just hoofing it as fast as you can... The joy of (most of) the engine swaps for me is making something that can be used and enjoyed. I adore the GTR swapped Delta with no engine mods at all and just a few chassis (and braking!) tweaks - same with some of the 26B swaps.

I appreciate the 'because I can' attitude, but never really understood it myself...
I thought I was alone in realising you don't have to give a car full power then complain about it being undriveable 🤣

For me, it's about pushing every car in the game to its utmost limit - engine mods, weight reduction, nitrous, the whole lot. Can't really say why, but that's always been my philosophy.

For me, it's about pushing every car in the game to its utmost limit - engine mods, weight reduction, nitrous, the whole lot. Can't really say why, but that's always been my philosophy.
I'd hardly call it a philosophy, but to each their own.

Don't get me wrong, I've got multiple super-massive turbos and I partook in the bonanza, so there's a couple of cars in my garage with ridiculous suspension setups and all the power, just for kicks, but there are people that post up in here with the express intent on finding out the top speed, and then using that as justification for people as to which car to put the engine in.

Just seems alien to me.

Likewise, "pushing every car in the game to its utmost limit" can refer to SO MANY different things, not just top speed. For example, I could understand if you maxed everything out and then tried to find the fastest it could go round a particular circuit, or whatever, but top speed is... Not really the utmost limit to me...

Don't get me wrong, I've got multiple super-massive turbos and I partook in the bonanza, so there's a couple of cars in my garage with ridiculous suspension setups and all the power, just for kicks, but there are people that post up in here with the express intent on finding out the top speed, and then using that as justification for people as to which car to put the engine in.

Just seems alien to me.

Likewise, "pushing every car in the game to its utmost limit" can refer to SO MANY different things, not just top speed. For example, I could understand if you maxed everything out and then tried to find the fastest it could go round a particular circuit, or whatever, but top speed is... Not really the utmost limit to me...
Well, everyone has a different need from their vehicle.

If you were trying to build a really good time attack car, or a good grinding car for Tokyo/Le Mans/Sardegna, then sure, lap time would be crucial. But someone who drag races in SSRX roll lobbies would probably find top speed far more important.

Not to mention, finding out a car's top speed is way easier than getting a good lap time out of it. One only requires a good tune and a few minutes on SSRX - the other requires a good tune, a good driver, and consistency across several laps of a circuit.

I don't think it can be engine swapped. Yeah I noticed it could do a no stopper with fuel saving, but at least for me the high rpm turbo version likes to chew its tires 😬 Softs were very much dead after 3 laps, and mediums I could have maybe stretched to a 5th lap if needed (but decided not to, in order to avoid an 8th lap), although that lap would have been very sketchy. So yeah I can see a 0 stopper work with hard tires, but you need to wait like 30-45 sec or so in full dry, if you want avoid a 8th lap. Since car does low 4 minute laps, at least sub 4.10.
Racing Hards switch to Inters if it rains. Fuel Map 1 until you pass everyone then 6 the rest of the race. Remember this is not about the fastest lap it's all about the 30 minute mark. 6 to 7 laps and it's over every time. It should never take more than 7 laps in this car.

Last edited by a moderator:
Racing Hards switch to Inters if it rains. Fuel Map 1 until you pass everyone then 6 the rest of the race. Remember this is not about the fastest lap it's all about the 30 minute mark. 6 to 7 laps and it's over every time. It should never take more than 7 laps in this car.
Okay, well I am not going to drive grandma pace, just to save tires, plus I am not good at saving tires regardless. So for me I do the 7 laps easily. I've had some weird runs though with an 8 or 9 minute lap when the weather became worse than anticipated though 😅

. The joy of (most of) the engine swaps for me is making something that can be used and enjoyed. I adore the GTR swapped Delta with no engine mods at all and just a few chassis (and braking!) tweaks - same with some of the 26B swaps.

Dorito swapped miata has so much potential..

I see what you mean, but isn't "can be used and enjoyed" dependent on the driver? Who's to say I can't use and enjoy a maxed-out GTR swapped Delta? (Which I do).

As others have explained, the ticket only locks if you exit the reward screen. So you can save them up and re-roll them, however only cars and engines appear to be the items that change. I re-rolled four tickets last night, one of them a Jag F-Type Gr.3 (stayed the same), two parts rewards (stayed the same), and engine ticket (changed from SR20DET to Corvette C6). Cash rewards never change, as far as I know. Neither do Manufacturer Invitations.
my experience with re-rolls is that they don't change. I will try with Parts Tickets next time to see if it can give me different parts or Engines...

my experience with re-rolls is that they don't change. I will try with Parts Tickets next time to see if it can give me different parts or Engines...
My understanding is the roulette prizes are essentially drawn from an alphanumeric list (how the prizes are named/numbered, I have no idea) and if a new prize is added which sits further up the list, the prize can shift to another prize. Ie. if your C7 Corvette engine was #567 and a new engine was added, say a BMW V12 (one can wish!), the C7 Corvette engine might move to #568 and you'll get whatever prize #567 is now (probably a C6 Corvette engine).

Anyone feel free to step in and correct me, but that was my understanding of it.

Credit amounts never change, so the rewards never change.

Car rewards can change in the same way engine rewards can, but they're in categories (so if you have a Gr.3 car you'll get a different Gr.3 the next time, if it changes at all).

Most of the time though, you're right. My rewards have very rarely changed.

Last edited:

Just seems alien to me.

I Understand your point of view, but from the beginning era of Gran Turismo the research of the maximum speed was one of the most viewed topic of the game.
It was , at the beginning, the starting experience for many new player in gran Turismo, some of them became top players after..

The game (GT1-2-3-4 and 5 ) had a dedicated section (power and speed) for this type of test, 0-400 m, 1/4 of mile (las vegas drag strip in GT4), 0-1000 m and TOP SPEED .

Below the link to one of the most important TREAD related the top speed in GT4 , first post in 2005 ..last 2020 .. ~ 15 years and more than 7700 posts :D

Three Hundred Miles Per Hour

Last edited:
I won the D1GP BRZ's engine the other day, and promptly put it into the Silvia Q's (S13) that I had, complete with the lime green two-tone. Haven't tried it yet, but I don't think I actually will drive it until there are regulations that permit it. Just like most cars I have in general, with or without an actual engine swap. Though I did recently use my 2JZ-swapped GR Yaris for the WTC 600 event at Grand Valley.

I also still have that Escudo engine, but I think instead of waiting for it to potentially become compatible with one (or both) of the Swift models, I'll just put it into the Lancer Evolution. Why? Because it's 4WD, so it'll likely have better control with all that power. Especially if I can install a torque balance controller and set it to 50:50.

But that still leaves me with a spare LS9 from the Corvette C6 ZR1. I suppose it could make sense if it ended up being compatible with the GTO Judge, but I could also see it becoming compatible with a couple JDM classics that don't have something yet, like the FC RX-7.

Then there was that Aventador SV engine I had to spare, too. I really, really hope it ends up being compatible with the Miura Prototype. Maybe more realistically, it could go into the older Countach LP400, given that it already can go into the 25th Anniversary version of it.

Last edited:
Another daily marathon complete, another poxy 3 star ticket... I haven't had a ticket with even the possibility of an engine win from the daily marathon in months... granted I do not play GT7 every day, but still.

Latest Posts

Back