Gran Turismo 7 Featured with D-BOX Motion Rigs at CinemaCon

• Thread starter Famine
  • 22 comments
I don’t think I’ve heard of this festival. I wonder if it’s a bit like the CES but for film-making tools?

You can get a basic DOF motion setup for around $2500 USD.
Hopefully, this means PD is committed to adding more telemetry info to the GT series as right now what the game outputs is super limited compared to others

Awesome! I would love to see this game come to PC, then Polyphony Digital can earn heaps of money and can use higher budget to improve this franchise!

In the past, was it GT3, they had show displays with motion but I think the motion was never available to consumers.

With this D-BOX tie-in, I looked and noticed that the "movie" will be coming to theaters with D-BOX motion seats installed.
Plenty in USA but I think only 1 or 2 in the whole of UK.

I wonder though if they are going to announce official D-BOX support for GT7 for their new/more affordable Gen 5 motion actuators.
That would be interesting....

Attachments

• GT DBOX.JPG
    GT DBOX.JPG
    116.8 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
I'd love to know how they got this to work. I've been considering a DBox system, but no one can tell me how to tie them in w/ GT7/PS5. I know you can pull telemetry data via 3rd party apps (SRS, etc), but making that work w/ DBox is where I'm unclear.

The price I quote is just the D-BOX platform...

I actually own the DBOX G5 and a DOFreality H6. GT7 has been working using SimRacingStudio on the DOFreality, but I still haven’t found any way to get motion from GT7 to my DBOX, once I get dbox haptics and motion in GT7 I will be satisfied.

Do you know if anyone knows how the GT7 DBOX collaboration works?

This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Gets Official D-BOX Motion Rig Support

Gran Turismo 7 has been quietly listed as an officially supported title in the D-BOX Plus Catalogue, bringing full motion compatibility to the game when used with D-BOX actuators. It was added to the catalogue on January 24, 2024, around the same time as GT7 update 1.42 was released to the public...

I'm curious to see how it works so I downloaded the latest software (2024-1-15) as per the website but GT7 is nowhere to be seen.
Is this available on some beta version?

Ah, turns out there's an update so the software on the site is outdated unless you update it through the old version.

Last edited:
How does this D Box compare to Simrig SR2? And how many actuators are recommended?

From what I have seen it works with PSVR2 quite ok, as long as you don’t push the settings too much

Turns out it just ships with GT7Proxy, so likely not officially licensed. Odd. Not seeing any mentions of it either (which is pretty bad if you ask me, given GT7Proxy is under MIT License - maybe it is somewhere on the website, but for now I haven't seen anything).

View attachment 1323906

"The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all
copies or substantial portions of the Software."

I sure hope that D-Box isn't just stealing someone else's work without any mention of it, but from what I have seen most corporations just steal open source code and don't follow the licensing properly.

D-Box is also playing a dangerous game these days with this ruling just having come out of the USA:

Has anyone actually used it with GT7 yet? Would love to get some real feedback, and confirm that a PC is still required to run it.

Back