Gran Turismo 7: Frequently Asked Questions

• Thread starter Famine
  • 559 comments
in super gt's stream when he entered sport mode there was an option to "change region". is this really gonna be a thing like suppose i have a us psn account but by changing my ingame region i could play on EMEA lobbies or im misunderstanding ?

How long does it take to unlock multiplayer lobbies?
About 45 minutes, if you're determined. The requirement (Menu Book 9) is in the FAQ, but I appreciate you were looking for a time context for that.

@Famine : Sorry if this have been already asked, but why do I have to download the whole game (98go will take forever with my connection) while I have bought the disc version? I though I only had to download the updates

@Famine : Sorry if this have been already asked, but why do I have to download the whole game (98go will take forever with my connection) while I have bought the disc version? I though I only had to download the updates
That suggests something isn't right. The disc should contain v1.00, and you'll need to download about 20GB after that.

I guess the only question I have is if the content is exactly the same on both consoles.

I get that loading times, frame rates, resolution, lighting, ray tracing etc differs between PS4 and PS5, but apart from that are there any features in the actual gaming content that is omitted from the PS4 for whatever reason?

And I'd really like to see the Course Maker make a return. That'd be nice.

Maybe it explains why we didn't see engine swap yet. You have to reach a certain level to unlock it.
I’m assuming it’s not in the game yet, locked content isn’t invisible, it’s just locked.. right?

Also per the "update preview" link, this made me raise an eyebrow:
・More engine parts to swap
PD’s English can be a bit off sometimes, and since when did they call tuning parts as swappable? I might’ve missed something. But what other engine parts could we possibly need to swap except the engine itself when tuning seems to be pretty detailed already?

My question:
Can you move camera in scapes up and down now or is it like it was in GT Sport?

Last edited:
About 45 minutes, if you're determined. The requirement (Menu Book 9) is in the FAQ, but I appreciate you were looking for a time context for that.
Ya I saw it was menu book 9 but that means nothing to me without context. Thank you for saying how much time it takes.

How will the online races/time trials be set up?
Will there be another Circuit Experience section like the other game?
How will online lobbies be set up?

Will there be an online FAQ or manual/booklet that comes with the game explaining everything we need to know.

Last edited:
Any info on private online lobbies? Really hoping to run private online races with the one friend I have with AI cars filling out the rest of the field. Haven't been able to find any info on that. Forza Motorsport 7 didn't allow it and it completely killed the enjoyment of playing it.

I assume Ray Tracing is always on in Scapes, even if you use performance mode, correct?

While in replay photomode, I assume you have to be on RT mode. Or does the game to turn on RT when going into the "choose camera angle" screen? Would be neat if so.

Thank you

How will the online races/time trials be set up?
Will there be another Circuit Experience section like the other game?
How will online lobbies be set up?

Will there be an online FAQ or manual/booklet that comes with the game explaining everything we need to know.
There is an Online manual already available. 🔽🔽🔽

can someone enlighten me about sport mode being region locked (psn account region) like gt sport or they changed anything ?

Hi guys,

Has anyone figured out how to sell/remove cars from your garage?

I've only had the chance to play it a little as yet but I'm already getting duplicates 😝

I have to say though I'm pleased that we now get optional tickets for completing the daily workout - No more endlessly ditching duplicate GR3/4 cars 😀

Anyone know know how to claim/redeem the 1 million credits available to pre order 25th ae digital copies? It doesn’t seem to populate straight away? Im assuming one would have to read a certain level? But cant find any info on that?

Great article, thanks.
I have one (possibly stupid) question.
I bought the 25th version for PS5, with the bonus digital download for PS4.
If I start my game on PS4 with the digital version, when I eventually manage to get a PS5 and use the disc version I can transfer the game data from my PS4 to my PS5?

I had bought the 25 th digital deluxe version, I have seen the 30 avatars, the soundtrack addition, but how do I get the 3 bonus cars and three 1.6 million credits in the game that I paid for?
Also since I have not a PS5 yet, and have the d/l already on my PS4, when I get a PS5 would I just go to the PS store and d/l the PS5 copy to my new console and it will have all my race data intact?

Last edited:
Anyone know know how to claim/redeem the 1 million credits available to pre order 25th ae digital copies? It doesn’t seem to populate straight away? Im assuming one would have to read a certain level? But cant find any info on that?

Read this on reddit:
The cars arrive when you first open the game, but can't be use in the cafe sections it the driver licence...The credit is given after you buy the first car at the dealer, forcing you to start with a small japanese car, which is ok for me.

Read this on reddit:
The cars arrive when you first open the game, but can't be use in the cafe sections it the driver licence...The credit is given after you buy the first car at the dealer, forcing you to start with a small japanese car, which is ok for me.
After you buy your second car you mean? I did not get my credits when I bought the Fit.

I want my money :nervous:

Edit: got them after the first license

Last edited:
Great article, thanks.
If I start my game on PS4 with the digital version, when I eventually manage to get a PS5 and use the disc version I can transfer the game data from my PS4 to my PS5?
I was wondering the same and was about to ask. Hopefully get a clear answer soon.

Great article, thanks.
I was wondering the same and was about to ask. Hopefully get a clear answer soon.
Since saves are kept server-side (with what appears to be only a backup stored on the console itself), you should in theory be able to just pick up where you left off on PS5. Can't find 100% confirmation yet but it's hard to imagine PD dropping the ball on this.

@Bogmore Some users mention they had to restart the console in order for pre-order bonuses to appear, some others say you need to buy the first car or complete the first license test.

Last edited:
I had bought the 25 th digital deluxe version, I have seen the 30 avatars, the soundtrack addition, but how do I get the 3 bonus cars and three 1.6 million credits in the game that I paid for?
Also since I have not a PS5 yet, and have the d/l already on my PS4, when I get a PS5 would I just go to the PS store and d/l the PS5 copy to my new console and it will have all my race data intact?
I figured this out... go into settings update your gtsport online details. (mine populated automatically) then the 1.6 mil dropped into my account.

Eks
Since saves are kept server-side (with what appears to be only a backup stored on the console itself), you should in theory be able to just pick up where you left off on PS5. Can't find 100% confirmation yet but it's hard to imagine PD dropping the ball on this.

@Bogmore Some users mention they had to restart the console in order for pre-order bonuses to appear, some others say you need to buy the first car or complete the first license test.

Eks

In answer to my own question I found this on the official Playstation Frequently Asked Questions post:

"I have bought the (physical or digital) 25th Anniversary Special Edition; can I play this on either a PS4 console or a PS5 console?​

As an owner of the 25th Anniversary Digital Deluxe Edition, you will receive an entitlement for both PS5 and PS4 versions.

For the physical version of the 25th Anniversary Edition, the steel book will include a PS5 game disc and a voucher for a digital version of the PS4 game and the 25th Anniversary Edition additional content.

Your Gran Turismo 7 save data will be transferable from PS4 consoles to PS5 consoles."

So I guess that confirms it!

Back