Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,393 comments
I mean it's pretty much based on GTSport engine with the same art style so. I don't worry too much. The early build of GTSport was also straight up a mix between PS2 and PS3 graphics with 2D trees and flat texture all over the place but the finished product is absolutely much superior.
Yes, I remember those early builds, but remember, these were shown 2 years before the game launched, so how are you not worried? I mean yeah, if it launches in 2022 then it might look like an actual PS5 game, but right now it just doesn’t.

Yes, I remember those early builds, but remember, these were shown 2 years before the game launched, so how are you not worried? I mean yeah, if it launches in 2022 then it might look like an actual PS5 game, but right now it just doesn’t.
Why should I be? there's no actual release date yet. So it could be 1-2 years away.

Whether they actually affect physics or not, I have no idea.

In Sport Mode and a lobbies that use tire wear, they show the tire temps. Blue for cold, and red during wheel spin or excessive grip. Cold tires make you spin if you forget to warm them up before T1. I've had my fair share of spins at T1 on Suzuka because of this.

It is the pit lane, yes.
gran-turismo-7-ps5-screenshots-4k-24.jpg

With pitstops being so short in GTS, you’d actually gain time pitting for tires lol

Depends on the track. Some tracks in GTS have awfully long pit times, like La Sarthe (which I think it was actually reduced in last updates).
And some other tracks have indeed very short pit times, like Alsace

I expect they meant fictional tracks. It's not like a real track's pitlane would suddenly become long for GT7

I'm glad to see that GT7 is for PS5 and not like ACC and pCARS3 for PS4.

I am glad you addressed the issue of your hair LOL :lol: in your latest video.... as funny as it looks, i think you dont look too bad with the new look... i rather like it.

There are a couple of times you identified the wrong cars, C7 when it was the C2 and C3... brain fart probably.
The car you dont know is the one of the insanely expensive cars... the Aston DB3S...

Last edited:
Hey Famine... long time. I'm wondering how many old school GTers are tempted by all this GT7 hype. At least one I know is.

haha... I was just watching the trailer and that's the first thing I looked for coming around that corner. Didn't see it but the video cut out before it got to the tree.

I am glad you addressed the issue of your hair LOL :lol: in your latest video.... as funny as it looks, i think you dont look too bad with the new look... i rather like it.

There are a couple of times you identified the wrong cars, C7 when it was the C2 and C3... brain fart probably.
The car you dont know is the one of the insanely expensive cars... the Aston DB3S...
This is the man you are looking for @F4H Super GT. :)

From another thread, I don't think it's took relevant but I wouldn't be surprised if PD helped with this video. And no one realized he was holding a pS5 controller..

I’m curious how the used dealership will work.

I hope GT7 has some sort of more in depth garage management built in. It’d be really cool if you could by an old banged up car for cheap and restore it, or pick up a car with some parts, unique paint schemes, and miles already on it, and manage the maintenance and wear on your own. The only other time I remember a game doing something like that was NFS Porsche Unleashed from 20 years ago:

View attachment 929585
View attachment 929586
View attachment 929587
View attachment 929588

I’d kill for a new game that could give this much garage depth, especially with an expansive list of road cars.

I’m sure we’ll learn more about the new and re-introduced features in the coming months.
Yeah I was thinking the same thing. Simply giving the car an oil change isn't enough.

Sony has to show for the PS5.
They are pulling the biggest marketing scheme.
We know very little of those games will be out this holiday.
GT7 for Q4 2020?
Possible but the fact that PD has not disclosed anything, makes it obvious.

Latest Posts

Back