Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,379 comments
Sorry to bring up this old discussion from last year, but for those of you who were/are still categorically against releasing GT7 both on PS5 and PS4:

DO you still fear that the graphics and performance on the PS5 will be pulled down or compromised because the game is developed to be played also on the PS4?

What is your take now? Do you still have worries about it ?

I was a fervent believer that the release on both console is the smart financial choice for Sony and PD, and believed in PD's ability to pull it off making the best for both console...

You guys lacked confidence in PD, i hope you now see that Kaz proved you wrong... thankfully for all of us...
I still think GT7 will never live up to it’s potential because of being bottle necked by the ps4. I can’t wait until all developers move on from the old gen consoles because they are bringing the entire gaming industry down.

Kaz hasn’t proved anything yet btw.

Last edited:
Makes sense.

In ACC, I’ve had very little trouble using TCS 1 or even “0” if I want to. In GTS, I struggle to use TCS 0 with any consistency in gr.3 cars and above (same for un-modded high N-class cars)

For the brake in ACC, I can go very low with the ABS as well with little in the way of problems. It’s like all these hours of playing Gran Turismo has somehow prepared me for more realistic Sims.

Well…kinda.

I still need to break my habit of absolutely murdering kerbs like we’re able to in GTS :lol:
The non-linear throttle is an utter pain in GTS, but the underlying problems your describing are as much a part of the difference in tyre models between the two. ACC has a significantly more in-depth and accurate tyre model.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up this old discussion from last year, but for those of you who were/are still categorically against releasing GT7 both on PS5 and PS4:

DO you still fear that the graphics and performance on the PS5 will be pulled down or compromised because the game is developed to be played also on the PS4?

I was a fervent believer that the release on both console is the smart financial choice for Sony and PD, and believed in PD's ability to pull it off making the best for both console...

You guys lacked confidence in PD, i hope you now see that Kaz proved you wrong... thankfully for all of us...
We haven’t see anything that would give people a reason to abandon those concerns.

I still feel like they should have just released it on PS5 only. I understand why they would release it for both consoles from a financial sense but I feel they should have used GT7 as a showcase for the PS5. Anyway we will see what happens when people get their hands on the game

Last edited:
Question as we have seen photos leaking out of stock arriving in warehouse and stores for next weeks lunch if someone manages to get an early copy and installs the physical copy of the game will they be Abel to play ???

Question as we have seen photos leaking out of stock arriving in warehouse and stores for next weeks lunch if someone manages to get an early copy and installs the physical copy of the game will they be Abel to play ???
Probably not since it's online only

Red flags for sure. Maybe they are banking on a day 1 patch fixing whatever issues the game has, like so many other developers have done over the past year or so, while failing miserably.

You're assuming there's issues. The PS5 is the flagship console and version of the game. Why bother showing it running on old hardware. Besides, it'll likely just look like GTS at worst.

You're assuming there's issues. The PS5 is the flagship console and version of the game. Why bother showing it running on old hardware. Besides, it'll likely just look like GTS at worst.
Which is a fair assumption given the state of the game industry. I’ve seen enough other AAA developers deliberately not show footage on old hardware then act all surprised when it’s released in a broken state.

Last edited:
Which is a fair assumption given the state of the game industry. I’ve seen enough other AAA developers deliberately not show footage on old hardware then act all surprised when it’s released in a broken state.
GT7 is running on a proven game engine, it was delayed considerably from it's original planned release and there haven't yet been any major issues with first party PS titles as far as I'm aware. Mostly this is building on top of GT Sport which runs great on standard PS4s and it was designed with both consoles in mind. The main thing I'm worried about is just load times tbh.

Well, we’re installed and ready for next week.

87FB26BF-11AD-48E8-BBF3-305296E78008.jpeg

I wouldn't be susprised if a similar wing is in GT7 anyway,since we do have custom wings
It’s possible. I’m still interested in how close we can get road car performance to Gr.4 cars(downforce and suspension settings).
Well it didn't say "Try Again" when I was trying to cancel it.

So I have to redownload the game to get the credits bonus?
To get the bonus credits I’m not sure. If you’re unable to pre-load, deleting and reloading worked for me, on my PS4.

Well i wasn't talking about issue like bugs or so more of how will the game run with day/night and 24 hours cycle. How will the game run with Rain and how many tracks will feature it. And to what extend will those features be reduce on ps4.

CBH
If you press on cancel and that means there gone I think, but why you want to cancel credits in the first place ?.
I want to stop the credits because I rather do a hard grind instead of being gifted things too easily. I only preordered the game so that I could predownload it. I didn't really want the 100,000 credits that came with the preorder

At this point I've learned that you just have to open up the PS4 every 12 months or so and blow out the dust with compressed air. It's like changing the bag on a vacuum cleaner, sucks about as much dust as one.
Yeeeeah. I should probably do it. Haven’t done it a single time in the 8 years I had my machine. :lol:

Edit: 8 years. Damn. :scared:

Last edited:
My first thoughts with cross-gen where how was it going to be possible for PD to go backwards (we've seen this with other games not so successfully), since they where developing GT7 for the PS5, but seems things are the other way round at some point early on PD knew there was going to be developing for cross-gen and continued to develop GT7 on the PS4, using the GT sport engine.

Regards to the dynamic time/weather PD probably had plans to implement it in GT Sport at the beginning, but at the time of GT Sport release it wasn't possible, moving on 3-4 years later it's became possible to push the PS4 a little further.

At the moment where still in the dark with how it's going to look on the PS4, I don't think it will be as bad as first thought, though the compromise is that the GT7 on the PS5 won't be as good as it could have been if it was developed as a PS5 exclusive.

My first thoughts with cross-gen where how was it going to be possible for PD to go backwards (we've seen this with other games not so successfully), since they where developing GT7 for the PS5, but seems things are the other way round at some point early on PD knew there was going to be developing for cross-gen and continued to develop GT7 on the PS4, using the GT sport engine.

Regards to the dynamic time/weather PD probably had plans to implement it in GT Sport at the beginning, but at the time of GT Sport release it wasn't possible, moving on 3-4 years later it's became possible to push the PS4 a little further.

At the moment where still in the dark with how it's going to look on the PS4, I don't think it will be as bad as first thought, though the compromise is that the GT7 on the PS5 won't be as good as it could have been if it was developed as a PS5 exclusive.
Agree and if there is one company i trust when it comes to knowing how to push hardware and make the best possible game is pd.

Back