Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,395 comments
First impressions from people who got an early copy from amazon:
Duplicates

GIF by Equipe de France de Football

No Hyundai 9 cars
There are six Hyundai cars in GT Sport, and six Hyundai cars in the "400 cars" image. They are:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4
Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
Hyundai Genesis Gr.B
Hyundai N2025 Gr.X
Hyundai N2025 Gr.1

If there are nine cars from South Korea in GT7, that means there's three more coming. We haven't seen any evidence of additional Hyundai models, but handily Genesis has already shown three cars:

Genesis Gr.3
Genesis Gr.4
Genesis Gr.X

Although we haven't seen them in a while and there's not been any other evidence of them in GT7, it would make nine cars from South Korea without having to invoke any additional Hyundai models that should have appeared in the "400 cars" image but didn't.

There are six Hyundai cars in GT Sport, and six Hyundai cars in the "400 cars" image. They are:

Hyundai Genesis Coupe 3.8
Hyundai Genesis Gr.4
Hyundai Genesis Gr.3
Hyundai Genesis Gr.B
Hyundai N2025 Gr.X
Hyundai N2025 Gr.1

If there are nine cars from South Korea in GT7, that means there's three more coming. We haven't seen any evidence of additional Hyundai models, but handily Genesis has already shown three cars:

Genesis Gr.3
Genesis Gr.4
Genesis Gr.X

Although we haven't seen them in a while and there's not been any other evidence of them in GT7, it would make nine cars from South Korea without having to invoke any additional Hyundai models that should have appeared in the "400 cars" image but didn't.
Porbably the Veloster and/or i30N??, those new Korean cars seems to have a HB body, even though the video is blurry

Last edited:
The only hardest trophies are the Sport mode trophies and the fact that you have to drive specific distances online.

Games should really stop having online trophies nowadays.
They’re not hard at all. They’re simple “congratulations for participating” trophies.

Please explain why. Because we should feel sorry for whoever buys GT7 in 2029 and can’t get platinum because servers are offline?

Perhaps they wanted to keep it as a surprise for launch day, possibly with the new Nissan Z.
There's a rational reason for the Z not appearing: its name starts with Z.

That doesn't apply to the Hyundais... and it's not like we're talking about the Veloster and i30N being so major they had to be hidden, considering all the other new cars that appeared in the image in the right places.

Hmmmm, if the remaining 3 cars are the Genesis cars, I wonder why they didn't appear in the State of Play? I mean, I remember one being called the X, so that could've just not been shown. But one of them is the Gr.4 version of the G70, I can't see a way where the index would edge that out at the bottom like the X.

There's a rational reason for the Z not appearing: its name starts with Z.

That doesn't apply to the Hyundais... and it's not like we're talking about the Veloster and i30N being so major they had to be hidden, considering all the other new cars that appeared in the image in the right places.
Maybe they just didn't put all the cars in the image.

They’re not hard at all. They’re simple “congratulations for participating” trophies.

Please explain why. Because we should feel sorry for whoever buys GT7 in 2029 and can’t get platinum because servers are offline?

Because not everyone plays online or wants to play online so we shouldn't have to be penalised in a single player focussed game for not playing online.

Anybody else getting emails from Playstation Store saying to prepare for your pre-order to ship out, but your payment method is not valid?

I check my order status as it directs me to and it literally said "paid". And there's no link to change my payment method anyway. I've gotten two of these emails over the past two weeks now. It appears that the pre-order system and my Playstation Store account aren't fully connected for some reason...the pre-order doesn't show up in my normal Playstation account. Seems like an oversight on their end.

Whatever, I guess we'll find out what happens.

Because not everyone plays online or wants to play online so we shouldn't have to be penalised in a single player focussed game for not playing online.
No one’s forcing you to get the platinum trophy. It should be difficult and cover most, if not all of the game. If you can’t be bothered with online then once again — don’t go online. Platinums shouldn’t be gifted.

In case anyone wanted to know what steering wheels are supported so far:

And it seems like some of GT5 menu music is back as heard in that video.

Yeah that's definitely a GT5 song or in this case a GT5 Prologue one.

Last edited:
Maybe they just didn't put all the cars in the image.
They definitely didn't. They just put all 400 of them with filenames that start with characters from 4C to WRX in it, in alphabetic order.

As far as we can determine, every other car that would have appeared on a 21st row has a filename beginning with X, Y, or Z -- hence the post about the absence of the Fittipaldi EF7, which definitely should have been there - including the XJ13, XJR-9, Z4 GT3, Z8, and (if it is indeed included, which seems likely given the source) Nissan Z. Every other car that we know is in the game and should be there is there.

Of course the three Genesis cars should also have been on the list, but the debut of an entire brand is pretty significant. Given what other new cars the image revealed, two (or three) additional Hyundais wouldn't be particularly worthy of hiding, but three new cars from an entirely new brand to the series would be.

What I can't work out right now is what car #424 is. Regardless of whether the three additional South Korean cars are Hyundai or Genesis, with those and the Z, we're at 423...

They definitely didn't. They just put all 400 of them with filenames that start with characters from 4C to WRX in it, in alphabetic order.

As far as we can determine, every other car that would have appeared on a 21st row has a filename beginning with X, Y, or Z -- hence the post about the absence of the Fittipaldi EF7, which definitely should have been there - including the XJ13, XJR-9, Z4 GT3, Z8, and (if it is indeed included, which seems likely given the source) Nissan Z. Every other car that we know is in the game and should be there is there.

Of course the three Genesis cars should also have been on the list, but the debut of an entire brand is pretty significant. Given what other new cars the image revealed, two (or three) additional Hyundais wouldn't be particularly worthy of hiding, but three new cars from an entirely new brand to the series would be.

What I can't work out right now is what car #424 is. Regardless of whether the three additional South Korean cars are Hyundai or Genesis, with those and the Z, we're at 423...
Nope, 421. Checked the footage to realize the W08s are gone.

That's the same year GT8 is being released after the 2028 delay.

Back