Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 51,028 comments
  • 7,977,534 views
For me it's less about the asking and more about the whining when it doesn't happen.

"Dead game!"

"Nobody asked for [perfectly well-received car]!"

"This isn't a good response to [random other driving game Polyphony's probably never heard of]..."
 
Some of the big complaints seem to be that they want current-day race cars for every brand and they feel they weren't given enough or something. and then if you tell them to play another sim, they'll say "not everyone has a gaming PC to play all of those sims".

Though that's when I question on why the heck they choose to get a console over saving up for a gaming PC if all they want to do is drive modern race cars?!
 
Some of the big complaints seem to be that they want current-day race cars for every brand and they feel they weren't given enough or something. and then if you tell them to play another sim, they'll say "not everyone has a gaming PC to play all of those sims".

Though that's when I question on why the heck they choose to get a console over saving up for a gaming PC if all they want to do is drive modern race cars?!
Potentially because Gran Turismo is one of the best driving games out there in my opinion?
 
Potentially because Gran Turismo is one of the best driving games out there in my opinion?
It's everything about it. The graphics, nostalgia, jump in and play, customisation, ease of online, circuits, cars.
People are frustrated that the game isn't GT-GT4. That after GT4, the game went on a tangent that maybe didn't need to be on.

It's in so many threads about the frustrations.

GT7 needed to be GT-GT4 with track creator, livery editor, online, new cars, new tracks, increased grid sizes, etc.

Probably still wouldn't solve the complaining, but I'll probably never find out in my lifetime. ;)
 
Some of the big complaints seem to be that they want current-day race cars for every brand and they feel they weren't given enough or something. and then if you tell them to play another sim, they'll say "not everyone has a gaming PC to play all of those sims".

Though that's when I question on why the heck they choose to get a console over saving up for a gaming PC if all they want to do is drive modern race cars?!
a lot of people probably already had a PS4 or PS5 that covers most of the games they want to play, and don't want to build/buy a PC that can run iRacing with the current RAM prices.
 
Okay this is probably out in left field but I want get some thoughts on this. What if the reason they have a 20 car grid because it is easier to do the chase the rabbit racing? What if 20 cars is just the right amount for you to be able to come from the back of the filed and win in 5 laps? Of course I have no clue if this is actaully PDs thought process so feel free to disagree with me. I just want to put that out there and see what others think
 
kjb
Okay this is probably out in left field but I want get some thoughts on this. What if the reason they have a 20 car grid because it is easier to do the chase the rabbit racing? What if 20 cars is just the right amount for you to be able to come from the back of the filed and win in 5 laps? Of course I have no clue if this is actaully PDs thought process so feel free to disagree with me. I just want to put that out there and see what others think

Because the fact that its easier to win a rabbit race has more to do with car selection and skills then the amount of cars. So its not.
 
I only race against Sophy these days and it makes this the best GT game of them all.
Yet I still believe that it got nerfed a bit too much. I think the initial rollout (the four races that were available for a limited time) was the best in terms of pace. I had some of the best races at Suzuka ever (including online racing). Most of the times I can beat power pack races without doing qualifying.
 
Yet I still believe that it got nerfed a bit too much. I think the initial rollout (the four races that were available for a limited time) was the best in terms of pace. I had some of the best races at Suzuka ever (including online racing). Most of the times I can beat power pack races without doing qualifying.
A difficulty slider for Sophy, maybe from 1 to 5 would be my dream. I'm a "meh" driver and I would love to race against a Sophy on what would be a lite version, not fully easy but with a bit of pep.
 
Some of the big complaints seem to be that they want current-day race cars for every brand and they feel they weren't given enough or something. and then if you tell them to play another sim, they'll say "not everyone has a gaming PC to play all of those sims".

Though that's when I question on why the heck they choose to get a console over saving up for a gaming PC if all they want to do is drive modern race cars?!
I mean, a gaming PC that can play modern sims is probably orders of magnitude more expensive than a PS5?
 
Here it is, the last Daihatsu Copen to be produced. From now they will only focus on Kei Cars and commercial vehicles...

copen.webp
 
Last edited:
The end of a model that was a part of GT's history since it was born with Gran Turismo Concept.
But... it has what to do with GT7?

This car isn't in GT7. Neither was it in any previous GT games. Even if it were, no part of this has any bearing on GT7 at all. It doesn't belong anywhere near a GT7 discussion thread.

It's an automotive news topic, for which we have an entire forum:


 
I mean, a gaming PC that can play modern sims is probably orders of magnitude more expensive than a PS5?
Yeah, but if someone is that serious about sim racing that much that they want the latest stuff; wouldn't it be better to just wait longer to save up money for the parts to build a PC instead?

I mean, if someone can save up 500-600$ for a PS5; they have the capability of waiting longer to save up way more money for a gaming PC.
 
Yeah, but if someone is that serious about sim racing that much that they want the latest stuff; wouldn't it be better to just wait longer to save up money for the parts to build a PC instead?

I mean, if someone can save up 500-600$ for a PS5; they have the capability of waiting longer to save up way more money for a gaming PC.
Potentially because Gran Turismo is one of the best driving games out there in my opinion?
Not everyone can be bothered to build a gaming PC sim rig when their just a car nut who plays loads of other games as well on their PS5. However though, you can still be serious about simracing with a PS5. Besides, people still want GT because it's GT. Add current race cars to their diverse car roster and you've got a winner.

If I wanted to setup my simracing on PC than I wouldn't be on this forum, and I think that a lot of people will agree with this. Players (like me) just want these cars to drive, race, and enjoy; it has nothing to do with how serious they are about simracing. We're not just talking about the latest racecars here; we're talking current supercars and hypercars as well
 
Back