Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,189 comments
I know it's something people ask for a lot, but I'm sceptical of proper endurances ever coming back, to be honest. If it was just missing from GT7 then I'd feel differently, but they've consistently kept things shorter across GT6, Sport and now 7, so it feels like an intentional omission at this point.

I know it's something people ask for a lot, but I'm sceptical of proper endurances ever coming back, to be honest. If it was just missing from GT7 then I'd feel differently, but they've consistently kept things shorter across GT6, Sport and now 7, so it feels like an intentional omission at this point.
I was just wondering what could occur if a maintenance is ongoing during an endurance race. Or even after an update if they decide to reintroduce pit-save like in GT5. What happens if you lose your internet connection?

I still really hope they will come at some point, and that they will not be missions..

Last edited:
I’m not so sure how else to do the whole “traditional career mode” while also integrating post-launch content like new cars/tracks. So I think GT7 does this pretty well, between adding new rounds of pre-existing events, adding new events such as via Bonus Menus, at least one new mission set, the Master licenses, and so on.

I’d go as far to say that there’s not much I want that can’t be added in something like a new Bonus Menu or mission set. I do feel like we’re definitely due for the latter, even if we don’t count the 24h races that they mentioned early-on.
Yeah I also think the system itself with the menu books and the missions is pretty well thought out for adding stuff, but the way they use it isn’t living up to the possibilities this gives them, and that’s sad in my eyes

I always try to catch those; I find them to be a blast. I know I'll never see a LM 002 in Gran Turismo but I can dream.

A character of mine drove the EB110 as part of her "hero persona."
Very entertaining to watch, indeed. I feel as if the Top Gear essence of its golden era has been captured in the filming and presentation of Hagerty's reviews better than the actual TG channel has managed to carry over itself. Adding in Jason Cammisa's performance, which plays out a bit like a mix of Clarkson and Hammond stuck inside a pubescent US American car nut's head, while sometimes a bit over the top, is very fun and informative.

What character of yours, if I may ask?

Last edited:
What character of yours, if I may ask?
Her name was/is Bullitzia. One way to think of her is she was presented as a supermodel/James Bond mix.

In the world she lived in there was a very popular and famous individual who was the top agent for a government agency; she was a kind of Super-Soldier. She became extremely popular to the point of being viewed as a celebrity. Her Rock-Star best friend added to that mix; I even wrote a book about it.

Other governments looked to cash in on the trend. The U.K. unveiled "Lancelot" who drove a modified Jaguar XJ220 while France presented Charlotte, a Knight of Charlamagne who drove a Peugeot Oxia . . . upgraded to the Onyx years later.

Bullitzia had a dark side in her past . . . but that's more than what you asked for.

I'll get back in my box . . .

That Škoda VGT news probably wasn't on anyone's bingo card.
Perhaps Škoda making its series debut was one factor why Prague is having a GT World Tour live event.

This is all because Jimmy Broadbent wants them to add a Favorit isn't it.
haha

Last edited:
Normally I dont care much for VGT cars. I dont love them but I also dont hate them like some do. But this one, i'm interested in due to the simple fact Škoda has been almost exclusively in the DiRT and WRC games for idek how long

Normally I dont care much for VGT cars. I dont love them but I also dont hate them like some do. But this one, i'm interested in due to the simple fact Škoda has been almost exclusively in the DiRT and WRC games for idek how long
It might not mean much in the long run. Just look at Infiniti’s presence in GT7 despite PD having had ties to that brand for several years before they decided to make a VGT.

It might not mean much in the long run. Just look at Infiniti’s presence in GT7 despite PD having had ties to that brand for several years before they decided to make a VGT.
Infiniti's presence in GT was mainly rebadged Nissans even before that. On the other hand, you also had Bentley whose presence is just their 2003 Le Mans winner throughout the series. (At least Cadillac went beyond just the Cien in GT6...)

Last edited:
Infiniti lost their way a few years ago. The G35xS and the G37xS were outstanding cars and great values for the money. The new ones are dated and too expensive for what they offer. A real shame.

Back