Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,409 comments
I've never noticed this, the garage cutscene in the Mazda Vision GT trailer was actually Trial Mountain with GT7 engine.
View attachment 989064

gran-turismo-7-screenshot-05-disclaimer-en-01oct20
The cars are going the wrong direction for it to be Trial Mountain, unless they are on a reverse layout. Also, if you look at Trial Mountains new map in the menu portion of the trailer, the grandstands in the front stretch aren't that big. Quite small actually.

GT6 was announced in May 2013, and released in December of that same year. So there's nothing to worry about yet.

GT6 released as a swan song title on PS3. GT7 isn’t doing this on PS4. Hard to compare as such. True that PD still has plenty of time to release GT7 in 2021, but those who doubt seeing it this year definitely have their reasons.

5-6 months is still a normal lead-in time between announcing a final release date and starting promotion and said release date, as I've noted before. For first party Sony titles, they never start more than 7 months out.

Last edited:
I have the feeling, we get at the end of the first half this year the official release announcement and at the end of the second half the release, so my theory ^^

I have the feeling, we get at the end of the first half this year the official release announcement and at the end of the second half the release, so my theory ^^

Yes that is certainly the most likely theory right now, IMO. Circa May/June announcement for an October/November release. Of course it could also come sooner, but holiday release is always most likely.

THE GAME WILL BE RELEASED ON THE 21ST OF OCTOBER

That's my prediction.

Last edited:
THE GAME WILL BE RELEASED ON THE 21ST OF OCTOBER

That's my prediction.
I agree, they always want a few big blockbusters to hit before BLACK FRIDAY.
PS5 supply issues should be under control as well by that point so Sony will want to maximize holiday sales.
Also this will be one of the big Sony exclusive games used to really push the PS5 sales for the 2021 holiday shopping season.

I have noticed an interesting fact, as I saw, GT Sport announcement trailer in 2015 hadn’t really gameplay element inside and no menu preview . They came with second and third trailer in 2016 at E3. But GT7 announcement has the gameplay in the first trailer as we can see. What I wanted to say,it seems probably, PD is now further than at GT Sport Development to the same time, so that one year after announcement could be realistic for release. We shouldn’t forget furthermore, PS4 base is more similar to PS5 as from PS3 to PS4. That was a very different architecture. So, they could use their development tools mostly for PS5, too, and with outsourcing of the car development, and as I read last week, with more members since the last years, crucial improve the development speed.

Last edited:
I have noticed an interesting fact, as I saw, GT Sport announcement trailer in 2015 hadn’t really gameplay element inside and no menu preview . They came with second and third trailer in 2016 at E3. But GT7 announcement has the gameplay in the first trailer as we can see. What I wanted to say,it seems probably, PD is now further than at GT Sport Development to the same time, so that one year after announcement could be realistic for release. We shouldn’t forget furthermore, PS4 base is more similar to PS5 as from PS3 to PS4. That was a very different architecture. So, they could use their development tools mostly for PS5, too, and with outsourcing of the car development, and as I read last week, with more members since the last years, crucial improve the development speed.
Only who knows how many people, groups and firms they're outsourcing, we only know of two, one Japanese, one Indian, both are computer modeling firms that have reduced the time it takes to build one car from six months to three months.

But yeah, we're all optimistic that GT7 will have a huge amount of cars and tracks thereon.

Look at those PS2- Esque mountains :yuck:

Something which must be improved in GT7, not lazy ports like GT5.
I think that improving track details would bring more difference than rt (which in racing game with quite fixed camera don't necessery have to looks that much better than ssr in case of reflections) also human models could use more polygons

Last edited:
After the year 2020 with weak new content in GT Sport, in my eyes, Polyphony have to deliver in 2021.
Either more updates in GT Sport and a later GT7 release, or a earlier GT7 release with nearly no more GT Sport patches.
Forza walks PD away with updates and PD have to do anything for their players.

Last edited:
GT6 was announced in May 2013, and released in December of that same year. So there's nothing to worry about yet.

And it released with a bunch of missing features and content that they spent the next two years trying to catch up on. At release it was almost entirely a downgrade from GT5 Spec II.

We all better pray that Polyphony don't choose to have a release like GT6 again.

After the year 2020 with weak new content in GT Sport, in my eyes, Polyphony have to deliver in 2021.
Either more updates in GT Sport and a later GT7 release, or a earlier GT7 release with nearly no more GT Sport patches.
Forza walks PD away with updates and PD have to do anything for their players.

Kaz already told us that updates would be “modest” going forward in early 2020 - most likely due to the team at PD shifting focus from GT Sport updates/DLC to GT7 production. Why would they then go back to continually updating GT Sport?

Kaz already told us that updates would be “modest” going forward in early 2020 - most likely due to the team at PD shifting focus from GT Sport updates/DLC to GT7 production. Why would they then go back to continually updating GT Sport?
Yes, but they can’t endless modest anything and release nothing new for the players base. So, in my opinion, After modest updates of GT Sport last year and announce of GT7 last year, they have now this year to deliver. No more further „modest“ content-year..

Last edited:
That i don’t get let trough. Forza can it, too. And we have got promised some new cars, no word about delay, that’s nothing..

You have to see it from the customer base, I have gotten promised any new content coming to GT with free update, but nothing happened. So they have to deliver! I am a bit upset.

They’re busy developing GT7 though. Learn how to wait

And other view, Sony should it not be to safe with Gran Turismo, Forza Horizon! on Xbox is now so much expanded, with content, and in the user base. It’s a system seller, too. And a bit synonym for the „modern“ racing era.

Last edited:
GT SPORT is now a 3+ year old racing game. In my opinion it's not worth the time and money needed to keep on updating it
GTA 5 (on PS4) is almost 7 years old but it had an update just over a month ago. If people are still playing the game, why shouldn't it be updated? Forza Horizon 4 and the Crew 2 are still getting updates too you know.

Last edited:
Back