Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
Does this mean potentially no update until 7 March?

Attachments

• IMG_5968.jpeg
    IMG_5968.jpeg
    50.7 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I predict some cars and a new track. Maybe updated Sophy, B-spec and new endurance missions?
This was basically the 25th Anniversary update - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_1348604.html

Celebrating 25 years of the entire franchise! So I don’t think there will be much fanfare for the games 2nd Anniversary

Edit: for reference, here is the update that I guess you could consider the first anniversary update - https://www.gran-turismo.com/gb/gt7/news/00_1533234.html

Again, not great for an anniversary!

Last edited:
Does this mean potentially no update until 7 March?
This probably has to do with this year being a leap year and Thursday being the 29th.

I'm no expert, but maybe there are some technical reasons not to deploy on that specific date.

They could push on every other day of the week of course - no Idea why they don't.

Same goes for a potential content update - I'm not losing hope yet.

Last edited:
So I recently started doing custom events on the Nordschleife, and I’ve been wondering why AI cars use their left / right indicators. I’m aware it’s the norm on the real Nordschleife to make way for faster traffic during tourist runs, but in GT7 it makes no sense.

Last night I had the most bizarre experience where the leading C7 Stingray on four different occasions used its indicators to let me pass. However, my 993 Carrera RS didn’t have enough power to actually overtake the Corvette. So each time I made my atrempt to overtake, the Corvette would immediately speed up. These unprovoked side by side duels eventually led to a violent crash involving both cars. For ****s sake, PD. How about making cars with a higher PP than your own not use their indicators? The current system is ridiculous, for the reason stated above.

Last edited:
So I recently started doing custom events on the Nordschleife, and I’ve been wondering why AI cars use their left / right indicators. I’m aware it’s the norm on the real Nordschleife to make way for faster traffic during tourist runs, but in GT7 it makes no sense.

Last night I had the most bizarre experience where the leading C7 Stingray on four different occasions used its indicators to let me pass. However, my 993 Carrera RS didn’t have enough power to actually overtake the Corvette. So each time I made my atrempt to overtake, the Corvette would immediately speed up. These unprovoked side by side duels eventually led to a violent crash involving both cars. For ****s sake, PD. How about making cars with a higher PP than your own not use their indicators? The current system is ridiculous, for the reason stated above.
Yeah, I loaded up my 2023 Nurb 24h grid last night to race for an hour forgetting this happens. It's not fun when the AI pulls over to let you pass and PD haven't hinted at making any changes for it for the past two years. Personally, the nurb is my go-to race track. It has so much to it and the various settings make it look and feel spectacular but the racing aspect ruins its immersiveness.

Edit: if split-screen can be updated then I still hold out naive hope for this to be changed too.

Last edited:
I've finally recieved the Porsche invitation. I may have missed quite a few daily tickets and glitches because in the first few months I was fed up with the game's design and played other games instead, but for sure I opened at least 500 tickets until I finally got the chance to try the one car I've been looking for to try since 2020 june.
Please scrap the invitation system in the next GT or the guy who came up with this idea. It would be much better to earn the invitation through challenges, like winning brand specific series or stg.

Last edited:
It would be much better to earn the invitation through challenges, like winning brand specific series or stg.
This would be way more accurate to real world invite-only cars anyway. Ferrari doesn't select potential buyers for its new super-exclusive car by lottery, they select people who have an affinity with the brand or have a certain public standing.

Do we have any statistics on the average time it takes for a Pebble Beach Gran Turismo Trophy winning car to be added to the game? I can't wait for this very one to join :
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/news/00_8232168.html

Given that the 917K was highlighted in the game's launch advertising campaign, the two-year anniversary would be a good opportunity to welcome its rival.
We're still waiting on the 2015, 2016*, and 2018-2023 winners. The 2012 and 2017 winners were GT7 launch additions (the Pinin Farina Coupe and the Barker Tourer), the 2014 winner was 2022 GT7 DLC (the 50s Maserati), and the 2013 winner was 2019 GT Sport DLC (the Aston DB3S). So the answer is unfortunately "a long time".

*This is a 330 P4 very similar to the one already in the game, so this one might be skipped instead of still waiting if they think it's too similar.

We're still waiting on the 2015, 2016*, and 2018-2023 winners. The 2012 and 2017 winners were GT7 launch additions (the Pinin Farina Coupe and the Barker Tourer), the 2014 winner was 2022 GT7 DLC (the 50s Maserati), and the 2013 winner was 2019 GT Sport DLC (the Aston DB3S). So the answer is unfortunately "a long time".

*This is a 330 P4 very similar to the one already in the game, so this one might be skipped instead of still waiting if they think it's too similar.
Thank you, in the meantime we can only hope then.

This would be way more accurate to real world invite-only cars anyway. Ferrari doesn't select potential buyers for its new super-exclusive car by lottery, they select people who have an affinity with the brand or have a certain public standing.
Jay Leno did a piece on why he won't buy a Ferrari.

More and more I find myself hoping for a GT Sport 2 more than a GT8. Best hope for a bunch of updated race cars. I'm bored of the road cars.

We dont need another gt sport in order for pd to make more race cars, gt has always been more towards road cars so no news there, i myself is the other way around i think racecars is boring campared to road cars, making another gt sport would be such a bad idea on so many places, gt sport was so limited in terms of tuning and customize options there is no reason those element cant be featured into gt8, there is already plenty of sport games out that just focus on race cars i am glad pd stands out from the crowd,

GT7 was the #16 best selling all-formats title in the US and #8 on PlayStation for January.

These charts are based on revenue which once again shows GT7 is selling at, or close to, full RRP some 2 years after release. Also notable Circana charts are for the US where the franchise had been sliding in popularity since the late PS2/early PS3 era. I do wonder what part the movie played in bringing the franchise to a wider audience.

Last edited:
GT7 was the #16 best selling all-formats title in the US and #8 on PlayStation for January.

These charts are based on revenue which once again shows GT7 is selling at, or close to, full RRP some 2 years after release. Also notable Circana charts are for the US where the franchise had been sliding in popularity since the late PS2/early PS3 era. I do wonder what part the movie played in bringing the franchise to a wider audience.

I think is a combination of:

-GT movie
-GT Sport boost during pandemic
-Sony pushing marketing on the game (including a special state of play) before launch
-Continous free updates
-Forza dropping the ball with the new game

Also seems that most of people don't care if the GT3 roster is no updated🤭🤭🤭

Wonder what the total sold copies is for gt7 now 8-9 million maybe

Back