Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,395 comments
What's this green kind of thing over the tunnel exit?

View attachment 1007435
upload_2021-4-28_21-47-8.png

Looks like a texture glitch on a small group of spectators sitting on the top on the rocks over the tunnel.

Last edited:
GT7 shown again, this time in PS5 Ray Tracing video.

Hopefully we get more info by end of June.

I hope too. If Sony make a State of play in june, they could talk about GOW, Horizon 2 and GT7. They are great exclusive games, so it is a good idea give more information.

Last edited:
I hope too. If Sony make a State of play in june, they could talk about GOW, Horizon 2 and GT7. They are great exclusive games, so it is a good idea give more information.
Kinda funny that the first World Series live event is right around the same time as well. Hmm...

I've realized that gt sport is only 1800p checkerboard on ps4 pro, always thought its 1800p, so 4k native on gt7 will bring definitly much sharper and cleaner image (its like 2.8x more pixels)

Last edited:
snc
I've realized that gt sport is only 1800p checkerboard on ps4 pro, always thought its 1800p, so 4k native on gt7 will bring definitly much sharper and cleaner image (its like 2.8x more pixels)
Think it's gonna be tough to maintain native 4K at 60fps with ray tracing, though, as shown on the latest PS5 titles such as Returnal. So some form of reconstruction and/or dynamic res is gonna be required, I think, if they want to meet that 4K/60fps/RT goal.

Gonna be surprising if PD can pull it off without reconstruction/dynamic res, though. Especially if they plan on implementing dynamic weather as well.

Think it's gonna be tough to maintain native 4K at 60fps with ray tracing, though, as shown on the latest PS5 titles such as Returnal. So some form of reconstruction and/or dynamic res is gonna be required, I think, if they want to meet that 4K/60fps/RT goal.

Gonna be surprising if PD can pull it off without reconstruction/dynamic res, though. Especially if they plan on implementing dynamic weather as well.
I think there will be no rt during race but only on replays

Not if they aren't coming out for 18 months it isn't, which could well be the case for GT7.

Assuming it is not delayed, Horizon will be out at the end of the year. All it got 18 months in advance was the teaser trailer, same as GTS. Because we can assume they were both supposed to come out around the same time. It will only be this summer, 6 months or so before release, that they will release a new trailer, probably gameplay, and reveal large amounts of info.

Last edited:

4k 60 with FSR shouldn't be an issue.

If Miles Morales pulled it off with raw power and minor graphical tweaks, then it won't be much of an issue on a race track with relatively low resources to load up compared to Spider-Man's New York City. I think a lot of you are doubting the console's capabilities.

Last edited:
snc
I think there will be no rt during race but only on replays
Umm no that wouldn't really make sense. In the final part of the GT7 trailer you can see that there is ray tracing during the race. Even Digital Foundry has said that. They also said that even though the game runs at 4K, the reflections are in 1080p in order for the game to run at 60fps

Last edited:
Umm no that wouldn't really make sense. In the final part of the GT7 trailer you can see that there is ray tracing during the race. Even Digital Foundry has said that. They also said that even though the game runs at 4K, the reflections are in 1080p in order for the game to run at 60fps
If I remember correctly df found native 4k and 1080p rt reflections but not during gameplay

I’m pretty confident there will be raytracing during gameplay, just not confident it will be native 4k and honestly doesn’t need to be.

Returnal runs on UE4, which is a bloated generic engine that isn’t optimized for performance, and was developed by what is essentially an indie developer on their first attempt at a AAA game. It doesn’t say much about PS5 capabilities or Polyphony’s approach with raytracing.

I’m pretty confident there will be raytracing during gameplay, just not confident it will be native 4k and honestly doesn’t need to be.
probably native 4k with good quality ssr will looks better than cb with 1080p rt reflection ;) tough for example insomniac has great temporal upscaling technic but they use completly different engine

snc
probably native 4k with good quality ssr will looks better than cb with 1080p rt reflection ;) tough for example insomniac has great temporal upscaling technic but they use completly different engine

Screen-space reflections have too many jarring occlusion artifacts by the nature of how it works that i'm sure Polyphony wants to avoid, such as seen in Driveclub.

SSR is also pretty cheap to render, I believe they could have used it in GTSport if they wanted. Polyphony actually opted to use something more expensive for player-car interiors such as dynamic cubemaps

Screen-space reflections have too many jarring occlusion artifacts by the nature of how it works that i'm sure Polyphony wants to avoid, such as seen in Driveclub.

SSR is also pretty cheap to render, I believe they could have used it in GTSport if they wanted. Polyphony actually opted to use something more expensive for player-car interiors such as dynamic cubemaps

pros(performance) and cons(artifacts) ;)

I imagine the final game is going to be quite different from that trailer though.
I hope so because in the trailer it was nearly identical to GTS

snc
The best thing they can do is to give you 2 options to choose between a native 4k resolution without raytracing and a 1440p mode with ray tracing (upscaled to 4k with techniques such as temporal injection so to have a very high quality image)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope PD pulls a gt sport trick with the graphics,gts reveal was far from good back in 2015 but the final product is one of the best looking ps4 games.
That gt7 reveal could be a early 2020 build that doesn't represent the final product.

The next big gameplay reveal is important to set the tone,if gt7 will be like a GT5 to GT6 transition or a GTS dev build to GTS final build.
And please have dynamic TOD for christ sake

Last edited:
In other video about ps5 posted today in YouTube, there is a clip about GT7. It isn't a new clip, it's a piece of the announcement trailer. It is good, because Sony takes into account GT7. But, in the end of the video, says that GT7 is in development. Nothing about 2022. Has it been delayed again? Or is Sony so lazy that they don't change that? (i don't put the video o or a photo because i don't know how put it)

Last edited:
Looking back at the GT Sport trailers, many things have changed and some things omitted and some things were in a way, deceptive.

In the GTS teaser trailer, it looks like we'd be a able to do multi-class racing when seeing the Audi LMP and the GT3 cars. Well, yes, we can do multi-class, we can't do an even split grid of multi-class racing. Therefore, the clip doesn't lie was that's exactly what a multi-class grid looks like in game. From a player's perspective, that's a bit deceptive(assumption any way).

In the game play trailer, much of the UK have changed. When selecting colors in the MX-5 clip, that view is seen when a car has been selected and race is loading. We can't choose colors in that view.

The ND MX-5 N200 race car is omitted, for whatever reason.

The replay or lobby view clips at the Nurburgring look the same. Some of the camera angles we don't have access to. We definitely don't have a slow motion option.

The livery editor look like we can move the original livery decals around. However, as we know, that's not the case.

For the GT7 trailer, what we saw,, some things may be omitted and some things some might feel it's deceptive to what we actual get. Or how PD appear to have laid it out in the first and possible future trailers.

In other video about ps5 posted today in YouTube, there is a clip about GT7. It isn't a new clip, it's a piece of the announcement trailer. It is good, because Sony takes into account GT7. But, in the end of the video, says that GT7 is in development. Nothing about 2022. Has it been delayed again? Or is Sony so lazy that they don't change that? (i don't put the video o or a photo because i don't know how put it)
Since like 2017, Sony has been scared to publicly commit to a date or timeframe early on because then, they might have to delay it later on. So now, they only reveal dates when they are absolutely sure they can hit it (and even then, that's not a guarantee either 'cause of bugs that might pop up late in testing or, ahem, a global pandemic that'd screw up their workflow).

And what someone said about the flow of new info might be right. After months of silence and about a month away from release, just this week did Sony and Insomniac decide to do a deep dive/info dump on Rift Apart. Yeah, this late.

I hope PD doesn't do the same and do a massive info dump a month away from release as well for GT7.

I be fine with PD info dumb presentation about the game how is developed and What we getting also what they planning as long they don’t reveal the release date. When the game is ready, they could do big blow out gameplay demo demonstration and trailer with the release date. I’m no rush with Gran Turismo since there a lot game coming soon anyway will keep me distracted for awhile Until it arrive. I’m not worry.

Literally just be patient

Sony have other first party games that they want to release before the end of the year (eg. Horizon). You’re not going to hear news on GT7 before those games are either out or have more information surrounding their releases. The game isn’t going to run away from you

Latest Posts

Back