Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
1711550197300.png

I thought it was already established after the Porsche 962 C that tobacco sponsors are capable of appearing through their censored designs? The McLaren MP4/4 also gets a pass.
The Mclaren also was modelled exactly as it appeared when PD got it.

1711556236881.png

The small issue with the GT-One previously was that it only appear as is livery unaltered in 1 game and for the rest of its previous appearences (Primarily in Japanese games and one model maker), it had minor alterations in addition to the odd Esso/Exxon Regional changes. Thankfully, it appears to be fully faithful to the real car its based on.

Last edited:
I'm very intrigued by the dirt accumulation on the GT-One, on photos that seem taken in Race Photos rather then Scapes. The race-dirt and wear never really shows on the cars, despite being modelled in the game. Really hope PD makes it more prevalent. Maybe it could be scaled with the time acceleration in the race.

The reason things like the Urus exist are for people who want a supercar that's practical enough to be used every day, and not limited to 2 seats.
Another factor to why SUVs like that exist from what I learned is that some people want a performance car, but live in a country with bad roads that a Supercar or even a sports sedan/wagon wouldn't be able handle.

I'm very intrigued by the dirt accumulation on the GT-One, on photos that seem taken in Race Photos rather then Scapes. The race-dirt and wear never really shows on the cars, despite being modelled in the game. Really hope PD makes it more prevalent. Maybe it could be scaled with the time acceleration in the race.
I think dirt is more noticeable in replays. Probably nothing has changed.

I hope it's accelerated too though do keep in mind they're on a dev build that will have more features enabled, likely including race photo dirt levels.

I saw an estimate the other day around 4.5 million. Sounds about right.
Only thing that is a worry is the GT-One is a class winner.
The Toyota endurance race car that achieved a class win at Le Mans in 1999.
I really hope itā€™s a Group C winner price range than the GT1 winner price range.

Only thing that is a worry is the GT-One is a class winner.
It was the only car in the class. Okay, there were two Audi R8Cs originally, but they were a rush job that was barely tested before Le Mans and both failed to finish. The only other LMGTP was the Mercedes CLR which... yeah.

Of the Toyotas, only one finished. And it's absolutely the case that they were ridiculously fast, but the LMP class BMW V12 LMR could go longer between stops and spent less time in the stops. They were more or less equals, with the GT-One having the edge but its vulnerability to severe damage from blowouts was its downfall.

We were robbed of an all-time finish by a final-hour blowout on the #3 after it had to avoid the unrelated privateer BMW V12 LM of Thomas Bscher and sustained tyre damage. The Toyota had cut two minutes out of the BMW's three-minute lead and was almost in sight...

Of course both were also the last car standing of their entries. The #17 BMW had been miles ahead, but crashed with a stuck throttle...

The dirt and dust buildup on the windshield in ACC is something Iā€™d really like to see in GT7.

Would be especially cool in VR.
I personally like the damage physics in WRC10 and wish they could incorporate something similar in GT...it would be cool to see punctures or suspension damage from ridding curbs too much. If they decide to incorporate endurance races I'd love for more variables other than gas and tyre wear, would be cool to see if you can add more marbles as races progress and you could kick it up like a rain or snow effect.

It was the only car in the class. Okay, there were two Audi R8Cs originally, but they were a rush job that was barely tested before Le Mans and both failed to finish. The only other LMGTP was the Mercedes CLR which... yeah.

Of the Toyotas, only one finished. And it's absolutely the case that they were ridiculously fast, but the LMP class BMW V12 LMR could go longer between stops and spent less time in the stops. They were more or less equals, with the GT-One having the edge but its vulnerability to severe damage from blowouts was its downfall.

We were robbed of an all-time finish by a final-hour blowout on the #3 after it had to avoid the unrelated privateer BMW V12 LM of Thomas Bscher and sustained tyre damage. The Toyota had cut two minutes out of the BMW's three-minute lead and was almost in sight...

Of course both were also the last car standing of their entries. The #17 BMW had been miles ahead, but crashed with a stuck throttle...
Just hoping the price isnā€™t based on that wording of a class win. Plus, if itā€™s in Gr.2 with it being a 900 PP car.

The LMP and Hyper car winners are three million. Group C winners are 1,500,000-3,000,000. The GT1 Le Mans winners are 8,500,000-15,000,000. I couldnā€™t find a price on the privately owned #1 car for a reference. First time Iā€™m actually worried about the dang price of a car I want. :lol:

Just hoping the price isnā€™t based on that wording of a class win. Plus, if itā€™s in Gr.2 with it being a 900 PP car.

The LMP and Hyper car winners are three million. Group C winners are 1,500,000-3,000,000. The GT1 Le Mans winners are 8,500,000-15,000,000. I couldnā€™t find a price on the privately owned #1 car for a reference. First time Iā€™m actually worried about the dang price of a car I want. :lol:
It can't be more than the MP4/4 when came in it costed 8mil - now 10mil

I guess making new track with the limitations of the PS4 in 2024 could be one of the reason. Oh and no interview for months???
Ps4 have nothing with track missing in update, they could use lover polly track for ps4 and better one for ps5, just as cars. It just PD who want to keep track for future updates or GT8.

Back