Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 41,492 comments
Here's the full quote:

My expectation from that is, if they're not treating GT as a live service franchise, then GT7 gets ported after its final update, like Horizon or Tsushima.

I think it's pretty clear that all Sony first-party is going to PC eventually now. There's just too much money to be made from Steam's gigantic userbase.

5. GT Auto
 - Car Maintenance & Service
  Engine Swaps are now available for the following cars (unlocked at Collector Level 50):
   ・Honda Civic SiR・II (EG) '93
   ・Honda Civic Type R (EK) '97
   ・Honda Civic Type R (EK) Touring Car
   ・Honda Integra Type R (DC2) '95
   ・Nissan Sileighty '98

Other Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Physics Simulation Model
 - Adjusted the effects of mechanical damage on the following cars:
  ・AFEELA Prototype 2024
  ・Audi e-tron Vision Gran Turismo
  ・BMW i3 '15
  ・Chevrolet Chaparral 2X Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Hyundai N 2025 Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Coupé
  ・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo Roadster
  ・Jaguar Vision Gran Turismo SV
  ・Porsche Taycan Turbo S '19
  ・Porsche Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Porsche Vision Gran Turismo Spyder
  ・Skoda Vision Gran Turismo
  ・Tesla Model S Signature Performance '12
  ・Tesla Model 3 Performance '23
  ・Volkswagen ID.R '19

2. Legend Cars
 - Legend Cars (Hagerty Collection) prices have been revised based on real-life valuations from Gran Turismo partner, Hagerty. Hagerty provides valuations and vehicle insurance for classic cars and has sponsored some historic car events in recent years. New prices will be applied the next time a vehicle goes on sale. The next price revision is scheduled for October 2024.

3. GT Auto
 - Adjusted the decal placement area on the left arm of the following racing suits:
  ・Alpinestars Suit No.1
  ・Alpinestars Suit No.2

- Adjusted the colours of certain 'Real Car Paints.'

4. Localisation
 - Fixed various text localisation issues.

5. Others
 - Various other issues have been addressed.

Last edited:
Anyone got a DL size? I'm a timezone from my consoles and in a queue for airport security...

So this feels like both intentional and a bug at the same time.

The NSX JGTC seems to be the only Gr.3 category car (to my knowledge) where you can't change the headlight covers between clear & yellow in the livery editor.
Instead they've made it so you change the lightbulbs themselves within GT Auto, like you would for road cars.
I've checked the other 2 JGTC cars and both of them use the livery editor to change light colours, so it being different for the NSX is really odd.

IMG_4261.jpeg

IMG_4259.jpeg

IMG_4260.jpeg

So this feels like both intentional and a bug at the same time.

The NSX JGTC seems to be the only Gr.3 category car (to my knowledge) where you can't change the headlight covers between clear & yellow in the livery editor.
Instead they've made it so you change the lightbulbs themselves within GT Auto, like you would for road cars.
I've checked the other 2 JGTC cars and both of them use the livery editor to change light colours, so it being different for the NSX is really odd.

View attachment 1359994
View attachment 1359992
View attachment 1359993
Too bad we can't change to "popups" :(

Thursday morning I will be travelling from France to the UK.

Because of course I will.
You were in Monaco and saw the F1 race?? Or I got the days wrong..?

I think they might still go back to the 2000 Castrol car since it was more iconic, season performance be damned.

I am okay with that as long they add the 2006 Z and 2011/2012 HSV-010 to complete the trifecta of "orphan" PS3-era GT500 cars.
I find it strange that the HSV cars along with a few others that is premium/detailed from GT5/GT6 is not easily ported into GT7. And if the HSV cars return to GT7 then someone could make a custom livery on a HSV that makes it very similar to Honda S2000 race car!

I find it strange that the HSV cars along with a few others that is premium/detailed from GT5/GT6 is not easily ported into GT7. And if the HSV cars return to GT7 then someone could make a custom livery on a HSV that makes it very similar to Honda S2000 race car!
I don't think whether a car was Premium is factoring into their car choices much. They've only added I think four returning Premiums in DLC (Cappuccino, Celica WRC, LFA, 2009 TT) and sometimes do an all new model when a similar Premium already existed (for example the recent Evo IX or the RX-8).

You were in Monaco and saw the F1 race?? Or I got the days wrong..?

I agree!! the HSV V10 engine SOund was Perfect !!!!! :bowdown::):gtpflag:

The V40's sound is really weirding me out. It genuinely sounds more like a diesel V8 than anything, which is really disappointing for the first road-going 5-cylinder car in the game.
Exactly, it's so underwhelming. Seems like PD has a pretty hard time making 5-cylinders sound good, the quattro S1 doesn't sound great either.

Hopefully they'll get it right if they ever add an 850R or an RS3:bowdown:

Exactly, it's so underwhelming. Seems like PD has a pretty hard time making 5-cylinders sound good, the quattro S1 doesn't sound great either.

Hopefully they'll get it right if they ever add an 850R or an RS3:bowdown:
The in-game V40 is a JDM spec Volvo and has a market specific 2.0L turbo 5 cylinder as opposed to the 2.5L 5-cylinder that Volvo put in V40s sold in Europe. Probably has something to do with the sound difference.

The in-game V40 is a JDM spec Volvo and has a market specific 2.0L turbo 5 cylinder as opposed to the 2.5L 5-cylinder that Volvo put in V40s sold in Europe. Probably has something to do with the sound difference.
Yeah apparently the JDM spec is a lot more underpowered too. Oh well, that just shows how much attention to detail they have. Hopefully one day we'll actually have a 2.5L 5-cyl Volvo in the game:indiff:

Yeah apparently the JDM spec is a lot more underpowered too. Oh well, that just shows how much attention to detail they have. Hopefully one day we'll actually have a 2.5L 5-cyl Volvo in the game:indiff:
Well... I hope we won't get another V40 with different engine :D

But i hope we will get a lot of more different models from that brand, especially Volvos racing cars ;)

I love how out of all the cars to get one of those drift charms for the rear tow hook, the R31 is the first to get it. :lol:

Well... I hope we won't get another V40 with different engine :D

But i hope we will get a lot of more different models from that brand, especially Volvos racing cars ;)
Something I thought of years ago that could've been a cool way to do it, is to have 1 car model (or base), but then in the dealership be able to choose the spec of the car in the same way you choose a paint colour.
And of course cars found in the used dealership would have the spec randomized, rather than giving the player that ability, since it's a second-hand car.
Would increase variety while not leading to "duplicates", technically speaking

Last edited:
Back