Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
Ray tracing can be activated in replay, stage demo and garage, but not when you're driving.

Edit: Congrats, this thread just reached 200 pages :)
Hmmm, cant talk about VR yet... Thats the most im curious about!

See my post a few up. DeepL is usually pretty accurate, certainly more than Google.
That looks better, thank you. Still, if the translation is accurate, the phrase "you can select ray-tracing" does seem to point to something that you can toggle.

Is Ray tracing available on the ps5 while racing?
From my understanding, no. When he (Kaz) denied ray-tracing during driving, he did not specify a console.

Last edited:
Anyone of native language can translate this part?

"In total, at the launch there will be more than 400 cars and more than 30 circuits ; a figure that will increase to more than 100 traces if we add all the variables. When asked about the post-launch content expansion plan and if this policy will be similar to that of Gran Turismo Sport, we did not receive an answer because they could not talk about it at this time."

@emula is an awsome user making the best graphics comparisons since many years, contributing incredible content to the gt forum!
We should all hope to be as much of a pillar of the community as the guy who spent years making frequently cherry picked graphic comparisons entirely because he has much of his self worth tied to whether people talk highly about a game franchise that he has conniption fits every time someone dares even suggesting it isn't the best at everything.

Last edited:
Anyone of native language can translate this part?

"In total, at the launch there will be more than 400 cars and more than 30 circuits ; a figure that will increase to more than 100 traces if we add all the variables. When asked about the post-launch content expansion plan and if this policy will be similar to that of Gran Turismo Sport, we did not receive an answer because they could not talk about it at this time."
Not a native speaker, but I believe I can help.

"In total, at launch there will be over 400 cars and over 30 tracks, a figure that will increase to over 100 configurations if we add all variations. When asked about the post-launch content plan, and if it will follow a similar policy to GT Sport, we didn't receive an answer because they couldn't talk about it, at the moment".

Last edited:
We should all hope to be as much of a pillar of the community as the guy who spent years making frequently cherry picked graphic comparisons entirely because he has much of his self worth tied to whether people talk highly about a game franchise that he has conniption fits every time someone dares even suggesting it isn't the best at everything.

Man, if that's the requirements of being a pillar of the community, then it's a pretty bad community.

Not a native speaker, but I believe I can help.

"In total, at launch there will be over 400 cars and over 30 tracks, a figure that will increase to over 100 configurations if we add all variations. When asked about the post-launch content plan, and if it will follow a similar policy to GT Sport, we didn't receive an answer because they couldn't talk about it, at the moment".
Yeah, was confused about the over 100 layouts when the product page says over 90 layouts. So there might be more new tracks than what we originally thought?

The AE86 Levin in GT SPORT has at least 2 visual mistakes, that it has gold strips on its grille (that's one of the characteristics of the GT APEX '84, not '83) and it lacks the pressed lines which should have been on the nose side of its front fenders (the one in GT4-6 had it).
E81paItVEAgddDm
E81paWRVkAc6kaF

But I'm happy that both of them will be fixed in GT7. Hope that it'll be reflected in GT7.
View attachment 1080884
Speaking of mistakes in the car modeling department, they’ve NOT fixed the Lancia HF Integrale, in which the hideous seat mounting is still present. The head rests are all the way up in the damn roof! Looks like the seats are mounted at least 5 inches higher than in the real car.

2750A2EA-5167-4285-89EF-E53B1DE518E8.jpeg

I couldn’t stand having it in my garage in GT Sport because of this.

That looks better, thank you. Still, if the translation is accurate, the phrase "you can select ray-tracing" does seem to point to something that you can toggle.
They continued to explain in what exact area's you can do that for though, why would they exclude actual gameplay from that if it wasn't the case? If it is toggle-able, I'd imagine it would be in only the instances he's explained.

They continued to explain in what exact area's you can do that for though, why would they exclude actual gameplay from that if it wasn't the case? If it is toggle-able, I'd imagine it would be in only the instances he's explained.
It'll just be an option in the replay menu, I imagine. That's what it sounds like anyway, two ways to watch your replays. RT on at probably 30fps, RT off at 60fps.

It certainly isn't suggesting a toggle in gameplay, no.

Last edited:
Hi guys, anyone's spotted evidence of the helmet and suit editor being present in the game at all?
I'd like to assume it is but if anyone can confirm would be great
Haven't seen or read anything on it yet but I'll be able to make you liveries still ;)

About IA :

(Anyone of native language can translate for us, please ? :) )
Un tema recurrente en toda entrega de Gran Turismo es la Inteligencia Artificial (IA). Hemos aprovechado esta oportunidad para preguntar a Yamauchi qué podemos esperar a este respecto y si habrá mejoras notables. “En lo relativo al desarrollo de la IA, es algo con lo que nunca puedes llegar a sentirte del todo satisfecho; pero comparado con GT Sport, la IA es más rápida y conducirán de forma más humana a como lo hacía en el pasado”.

About IA :

(Anyone of native language can translate for us, please ? :) )
It was posted in the other topic, just a vague "They'll be faster and smarter".

Regarding to the development of AI, it's something that you cannot always feel satisfied with; but compared with GT Sport, the AI is faster, and will drive in a more human way to how it did in the past.

A bit late to the grid size discussion, but personally I'm far more interested in competitive AI before larger grids.

Of course, I'd love both, but a larger grid is useless if the AI are still rolling obstacles rather than actually racing against you.

I get the priority maybe being the other way round for players who focus more on online races, but I prefer offline.

Someone from this forum wanted to convince me PD didn't add any new real track because they were affected by covid (could't travel to scan/take pictures of them).
Wherever you are, you got your answer. Kaz himself said they weren't really affected by covid. Plus he also said development of GT7 started at the end of 2017. Nowhere near march 2020 (lockdown)

Last edited:
Someone from this forum wanted to convince me PD didn't add any new real track because they were affected by covid (could't travel to scan/take pitctures of them).
Wherever you are, you got your answer. Kaz himself said they weren't really affected by covid. Plus he also said development of GT7 started at the end of 2017. Nowhere near march 2020 (lockdown)
Yeah, if you're working in an office, it's very likely to not be that drastically different than working from home. I find myself getting more work done when I'm not constantly interrupted by someone in person. You're also in the comfort of your own personal surroundings.

Certainly. Any time a decision was made in favour of PS4 performance, the PS5 version suffered somehow.. whether it was a lost feature or just a graphical dumbing down.
I was hopeful it would've been the same situation as Battlefield. Full potential on next gen, and same old same old on past gen. No cross play.

Someone from this forum wanted to convince me PD didn't add any new real track because they were affected by covid (could't travel to scan/take pictures of them).
That also disproves those who kept saying that GT7 had been in development in the background during GTS development, and that was just a spin off/prologue. Nope.

That also disproves those who kept saying that GT7 had been in development in the background during GTS development, and that was just a spin off/prologue. Nope.
I don't believe that but I'll take that as a solid PR move to specify it.

Back