Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,399 comments
we've analysed it
Crikey, royalty.
The Green line with the 917 in the background earlier in the video is a clear depiction on the last sector, which connect these 2 pictures at the bottom.
What, this?

1635255772361.png

I've cropped, rotated, and skewed the green lines over all of the different Apricot Hill track maps, and while I can get it closeish kinda if the hairpin entry and exit are different (given Trial Mountain's changed corners, that's possible), I can't get this purportedly exact match.

If this is Apricot Hill, that's great for me because I can use it as the basis for a GTP front-page article. I'm not convinced enough yet, though maybe I can do one of those awful open-ended question pieces :yuck:

Last edited:
After looking at it more, I think it's most probably Apricot hill but they have gave it the Trial mountain treatment on the last sector with the chicane being turned into 2 tight corners and a mini straight inbetween.

Last edited:
Crikey, royalty.

What, this?

View attachment 1089867
I don't think that shot is Apricot Hill (unless it's mirrored, then maybe) but the other shot at the end of the trailer, I'm pretty much certain that it is.

After looking at it more, I think it's most probably Apricot hill but they have gave it the Trial mountain treatment on the last sector with the chicane being turned into 2 tight corners and a mini straight inbetween.
Could you draw a map of where you see changes, because I'm not seeing what you mean?

Last edited:
The Green line with the 917 in the background earlier in the video is a clear depiction on the last sector, which connect these 2 pictures at the bottom
To me it looks like the lines at that part of the video are the same lines you think might be the first sector of Apricot Hill, just flipped/viewed from underneath.

Last edited:
lg2mekqi25x41.jpg

Weird that it's on the Gr.4 class. Welp, guess it's another McLaren F1 situation I guess.

Edit: It also seams that the Gr.3 WRX has a new livery.
View attachment 1089856
The fact the Alfa 155 is in Group 4 could mean something much bigger. It could mean there are no new classes, so every one of those new race cars just gets shoehorned in one of the existing classes instead of making more classes for better racing.

So the 97 Castrol Supra is in Group 2 with the 2013 and 2016 Super GT cars, the McLaren F1 Longtail and the CLK LM are probably in Group 2 as well.

I really hope I am wrong though.

So one Home menu had the environment model for the RX-Vision...
1635256848902.png

But not for the selecting cars part later....
1635256917375.png

Probably something like GTS' Brand Central where there are multiple setting like studio or garage?

There's probably a mistake in keeping the N-Class there (and in the newer trailer, the car PP is "symbolized" unlike the one there)... yet again it shows the car's condition below like the newer trailer, but the body size is displayed not like the new trailer one....
1635257162252.png

And I hope the Gr. X isn't used solely to limit them from events. Also why removing both the car logo and now the car brand in the home...

Last edited:
The way they categorized some of the cars in GTS was one of my main gripes about the game. I hope they clean it up this time around. Group Cs mixed with LMP1, cars put into gr4 and gr3 that clearly don’t belong there, the gr x cluster ****, etc.

On the subject of the green lines, and apologies if this has already been debunked, but... Silverstone?

The top half of the image looks like Hangar Straight coming through Stowe, Vale, and Club. Bottom looks like the first technical portion of track, through Village, The Loop, Aintree, and onto the Wellington Straight.

To be fair, I cannot determine what the trace is doing after the frame that @Famine posted above. Just a thought!

400+ cars ? ONLY ?! I'm disappointed.
Don't take it too seriously. Before it was 420+ cars, and since then they are probably adding new cars, so it wouldn't make sense to keep it as 420+. They might now have 430+, who knows.

The new livery reminds me of this.

960x0.png
It pretty much IS that livery, just adapted to the Gr.3 WRX. Has some slight differences, but it was clearly the inspiration.

Yeah, Apricot Hill isn't very clear for me....

And why they didn't show every sectors like Deep Forest ?

Last edited:
Meh. I was expecting a better amount from this game. I feel we will have the cars of GTSport + couple new ones.
Ehh, don't care about the amount of cars personally. I'd rather have a consistent quality throughout and diversity than huge amount of cars. The only way I could see them producing so many cars in short amount of time is if they cheat and add 30 skylines or something.

I don't think it's Apricot Hill for another reason (something that I then have a theory on that could disprove my doubts in the "EDIT" section).
It's not present in the circuit datamine list in GT Sport, which has still been kept up to date as of 2 minor updates ago where a new track was added (Watkins Glen). The fact that this list has been kept as up to date as it has implys to me that there aren't any circuits that are exclusively hidden in the GT7 code and not in GTS.

A good reason for trusting the datamine list is with High Speed Ring's reveal. Before the trailer, no one outside of the datamine news had any reason to believe HSR would come back, yet here we are. Also the datamine list contained all other new/returning circuits that have been revealed up to now (Trial Mountain, Deep Forest & Daytona).

Also if PD were going to do another track reveal like Deep Forest, where you piece the lines together, I'd think it would be in a top-down track map perspective again.

For these reasons I don't think the lines in this video are anything more than just an artistic effect. However I could be wrong. Some sections do have a bit of resemblance, but it would be the first track to be exclusively in the GT7 code, and not found within GTS.

EDIT: So one theory is that Apricot Hill will have a full day/night cycle in GT7, much like it had in GT6. That could be the reason why they could only test it within GT7, so it was never added to the GTS code. Daytona being in the GTS code could be due to it originally being planned to release in GTS with regular Time of Day settings, but then pushed back to GT7 to get that day/night cycle it had on GT6 too. Circuits that were planned to still have static ToD settings could still be developed in GT Sport, which would explain Watkins Glen having ToD settings in the code.

If circuits that are planned to have a day/night cycle after Daytona were developed exclusively in GT7, then there could be other circuits not found in the datamine list. This goes off into speculation, but what if Silverstone is planned to have a day/night cycle, so it never appeared in the GT Sport code?

Last edited:
I'm not 100% it's Apricot Hill, but it has a high chance to be. I tried to mark the corners and compare them. The problem is on the last photo, where the corners 7, 8 and 9 are mirrored from the chicane. That's also when the line in the video starts going in different directions and out of screen, so it's a high possibility the edit contains 2 different portions of the track mixed together.

sketch-1635257845589.png

sketch-1635257967793.png

sketch-1635259837617.png

Edit: the 3rd picture is the same as 2nd picture but from a different angle.

Last edited:
If it is Apricot Hill, which to me is the closest match I can think from GT's history, it sure has some minor changes; corners 2 and 3 are more tightened and the sweeping S after the hairpin seems tightened as well.
I hope it is indeed Apricot Hill, this track was the most true to life original track. I loved its sequence of corners, especially the first sector!

I'm not 100% it's Apricot Hill, but it has a high chance to be. I tried to mark the corners and compare them. The problem is on the last photo, where the corners 7, 8 and 9 are mirrored from the chicane. That's also when the line in the video starts going in different directions and out of screen, so it's a high possibility the edit contains 2 different portions of the track mixed together.

View attachment 1089882

View attachment 1089885

View attachment 1089886
What you marked as 11 and 12 in the second one are actually 3 and 2 I think (i.e. the entire thing is mirrored)

Or it's just a different thing all together, because that second one is not a perfect match

Last edited:
Here's my guess. Given that it was datamined on GT Sport. We can see some esses. And a final section very similar to the Silverstone one.

I totally see Road Atlanta there

Edit: I think there could be more than one track there

Last edited:
400+ cars ? ONLY ?! I'm disappointed.
It's already announced months ago on the website after the 2nd trailer came out...
Ehh, don't care about the amount of cars personally. I'd rather have a consistent quality throughout and diversity than huge amount of cars. The only way I could see them producing so many cars in short amount of time is if they cheat and add 30 skylines or something.
Don't know why it feels wrong for me to care about the amount of cars, longing for the GT car amount in GT2 and GT4 (like it affects events too, various missions such as 1 Lap Magic requires huge amount of cars which GT4 can achieve due to the numbers)... But what can I say is that they should keep adding cars, without stopping (no rushing though). Aim for both quality and quantity if can; both can co-exist y'know. And if there are no different quality cars, I'd hope the thought of "the game has too many cars" never come like a petition to remove a chunk of them or such.

Contrary to popular belief, in GT5-GT6, the Premiums usually have no duplicates, like for road Skyline GT-R there's only R32 V-spec II '94, R33 V-Spec '97, and R34 V-spec II Nur '02. So the one that they actually worked on is the small amount, where others are Standards that are ported as well as regional merge.

First half of the track?

The angle of the lines do make it harder to figure out, but yeah, I'm in the crowd that does think it's Apricot Hill.

It would be funny if someone involved in that trailer thought "yo that teaser we did for Deep Forest looked way too easy, let's tilt the lines for Apricot Hill to make our fans second guess. And oh, let's make the lines flow in reverse to give them a bit of a headache" :lol:

Back