Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,438 comments
Really? The only thing? 😁

don’t forget the lambo is 4wd so it might disguise the problems to an extend, but let’s our fingers crossed.
Honestly i can't complain much, physics seems a lot better, also the lighting looks even better now, heck even the vegetation which i was very critical when they showed that first trailer while not as good looking as the FH5 is a lot better than on GTS. Also sounds seem improved a lot. Honestly im very happy with what im seeing considering it's only a cross gen game. I was expecting way less improvements to be honest

The car reflections on other cars update at 30fps instead of 60fps. There is no point on wasting resources on such things on other cars on track. That’s called shadow cascade it’s a LOD(Level of detail optimisation) which again is a waste of resources having a full resolution shadow rendered out so far away especially in a racing game where your focus really shouldn’t be on a shadow. Shadow cascades were never going away it’s a thing in all games old and new. There is a significant improvement in lighting and visible physics such as the cars movement on track there is also a massive improvement in the rear view mirror reflection being much higher resolution and no disappearing track lod within it from what I could see.
Exactly,and honestly i prefer 30fps high res reflections than the low res ones on GTS that updates at 60fps but have awful quality

Last edited:
One thing I don't completely understand, how is it possible that FH5, despite being an open world game, manages to have better vegetation? ( this isn't hate towards GT7, just curious )
Probably because on base console they aren't limited by 60fps cap. GT7 has to run at 60fps also on the base ps4 while FH5 runs at 30fps on base xbox one (also on series x runs at 30fps in quality mode)

Another thing it's that the Lamborghini it sounds so good, it seems they have resolved the problems they had in previous games with high pitched sounds

Last edited:
What's even the point of having slower street cars in the game if they are gonna convert all their legendary tracks into F1 tracks with gigantic straights. Do they think those extremely large straights are going to be fun in go-karts? Or any car that isn't above N500?
Whyvwou
O

Ain’t it more fun to try and earn enough in the game to buy it, though, rather than having it from the get go?
I assumed it was preorder bonus only. Yes, I would rather earn it

I know PS5 are hard to find, but I just wish this was a dedicated PS5 game. I’m curious how much the game was held back in order for the PS4 to also be able to run it. I would have loved to see 30 car fields…

One thing I don't completely understand, how is it possible that FH5, despite being an open world game, manages to have better vegetation? ( this isn't hate towards GT7, just curious )
Because Forza Horizon only serves as technical achievements on the world. The main purpose of the game is the world, so it makes sense as of why their maps look much better than GT.

Last edited:
Watched this a few times now, bit late to the party with the supercars being on and all.

Some things that caught my attention, (positives) because negatives get called out enough lol.

- The Lod range for scenery, cars and even shadows seems to be much improved.

You play Sport and obviously you get a shadowline not far in front of you.. seems worse on sometracks.
This video shows almost none of that with the shadow being detailed off into the distance.

Cars also have a fair bit of popin (Sport) with the level of detail changing right in front of you.
I seen none of this and the cars seem extremely detailed much further down the road in this vid.

*There was a small amount of trackside popin but nothing dramatic.

- Ai and Ai physics

I play a fair bit of GT Sports single player mode and we all know the Ai are fairly average heh.. nah there pretty poor.

This video caught my attention in regards to how Ai raced and handled corners.
3 cars wide at one point, Sport... you'd be lucky to see them over take each other. 😅

The physics, the cars looked more alive, this is harder for me to explain.
They look more natural, less clingy to the apex to put it simply.
Surely someone else could explain what im seeing.

- The vehicle driving over the overpass.. just something that adds to the world, more alive.
Most probably wont care about that.

- The paint work on cars seem to pop more?
That green merc in particular looks to shine realistically to the sun.
How my gold ford falcon does when polished.

Anyhow, looking forward.

Last edited:
I hope they fix the transmission type of Murciélago since seems like it has a manual transmission in GT7.
The one in-game is actually an automated manual transmission model.
The Murcielago (like the Aventador) have a single clutch automated gear box. This is not a dual clutch wich explain this behavior.

Seems the original RX-VISION concept has confirmed its presence once and for all after the interior view we got in the 'Release Date' trailer. The AI pack racing looks like a promising step up from the staggered processions we saw in GT Sport, as does the remodelled final section which should hopefully be a blast to drive in racing machinery.

At first, I came to the conclusion that it was probably a Viper. But after looking more closely at @Kobhalt's screengrab and finding a suitable image to compare it to, I'll let your eyes be the judge on that one...

alfa-romeo-8c-competizione.webp
1638695606139.png

i agree this is a 8c

Watched the video again and it is clearly a single file start with the AI starting before the race starts.

I don't know why Forza and Gran Turismo struggle with their old tracks. I don't like the new art direction in the modern racing games.
Where are the tree tunnels? Why everything looks so clean and perfect?
The art direction of Gran Turismo 3 is still second to none in my eyes. And from a technical point of view, Forza Horizon 5 will stay the reference for a long time...

Last edited:
I don't know why Forza and Gran Turismo struggle with their old tracks. I don't like the new art direction in the modern racing games.
Where are the tree tunnels? Why everything looks so clean and perfect?
The art direction of Gran Turismo 3 is still second to none in my eyes. And from a technical point of view, Forza Horizon 5 will stay the reference for a long time...

I guess it has to do with new assets, lighting, and models. Plus the old version of deep forest was based on a technology from 2 decades ago.

Not to be a complacent sheep but isn't an "average PS5 game".... still pretty damn good looking? Think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says that this game looks bad.

Last edited:
What is Route X Infield?
It's a track that was never released, but it was found in the game files of GT5 (or 6, not sure).

It's a test track, that goes over the bridge you can see in that screenshot, and ends in the severe bankings (which go more than vertical, a little bit upside down) you can see on the other side of the track

There's a map here at the bottom of the page: https://gran-turismo.fandom.com/wiki/Special_Stage_Route_X

Last edited:
Not to be a complacent sheep but isn't an "average PS5 game".... still pretty damn good looking? Think you'd be hard pressed to find anyone that says that this game looks bad.
I think it's more that people are used to Gran Turismo being one of the best looking games on whatever console it releases on. If it's just okay looking that's fine I suppose, but it's maybe not quite what people might have been expecting.

I think in the modern era developers have to work pretty hard to make a game actually look bad, so really the scale goes from "looks okay" to "that's incredible". Any mildly competent studio with devs that are able to use a keyboard can get Unity or Unreal Engine and pump out a game that looks just okay.

It's a bit like video game review scores - a 6/10 is somehow "pretty bad" and a 5/10 is "unmitigated garbage, will give you herpes, kill your dog, and steal your wife". If GT7 is a 6/10 or 7/10 graphically on PS5 then in the overall scheme of things it's probably fine, but neither is it making anyone stop and go "wow, that's just incredible looking" in the way that past games might have.

First off, it looks like GT Sport, but I think we forget that GT Sport is still a really good looking game 4 years on.

Also, I remember seeing a GT Sport trailer featuring Willow Springs and thinking “bwoah, doesn’t look much different to GT6” but how wrong I was.

I don’t mind GT7 looking like an already good looking game if they’ve focused their efforts on other things like AI, career, loading times, weather etc.

I think it’ll be brill!

Back