Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 50,963 comments
  • 7,936,077 views
A screenshot of when I first got into the menu today.

Gran Turismo® 7_20220407164423.jpg


A handful of button pushes later

Gran Turismo® 7_20220407172059.jpg


Reminds me of when I was 10-11 years old playing GT1 or 2 with a Gameshark cheesing though stuff.
 
Last edited:
I noticed something a while ago and only came up against it again the other night. The little onscreen marker when you pass a car shows some epic 3-spokes which aren't in the game, and the car in the race has the standard wheels. Meh.

IMG_20220407_215705.jpg
 
No doubt has it been asked before, but what are your guy's impression with the latest update (1.11)?

My impression is generally positive, the payout increases for the tougher end-game races is very welcome. The UCD/LCD now has more stock which does help alleviate some of the burden of finding a car. The only negative to me is they missed the opportunity to implement car selling ability. I still await the day when I can sell off the cars I don't need/want.

@VXR I smell new rims in a content update...
 
Last edited:
No doubt has it been asked before, but what are your guy's impression with the latest update (1.11)?

My impression is generally positive, the payout increases for the tougher end-game races is very welcome. The UCD/LCD now has more stock which does help alleviate some of the burden of finding a car. The only negative to me is they missed the opportunity to implement car selling ability. I still await the day when I can sell off the cars I don't need/want.

Not sure why people are holding their breath for the ability to get 10% of the value for their cars.
 
Not sure why people are holding their breath for the ability to get 10% of the value for their cars.
It's not just about the money though, it's about being able to rid your garage of cars and personalize it better. A lot of the cafe cars I was given are cars I don't use, need nor want. However currently you can't even get rid of them (discard) unless you have two of them in your garage. So for me I am forced to keep and clutter my garage with otherwise useless cars to me. This is the reason why I await for the update to finally let me rid of excess clutter.
 
Last edited:
It's not just about the money though, it's about being able to rid your garage of cars and personalize it better. A lot of the cafe cars I was given are cars I don't use, need nor want. However currently you can't even get rid of them (discard) unless you have two of them in your garage. So for me I am forced to keep and clutter my garage with otherwise useless cars to me. This is the reason why I await for the update to finally let me rid of excess clutter.

All cars deserve love and attention. 😐
 
What the **** is this game's penalty system? I'm genuinely asking. I'm doing the Le Mans 30 minutes race right now, and I've received a 1.5 second penalty for...taking a corner? No matter how hard I try, this game keeps giving me reasons to shut it off. I do not understand.

I just want to play the damn game and have fun, ffs.
 
All cars deserve love and attention. 😐
Even under that way of looking at things, why keep something you won't use? I mean I don't keep empty pens because all pens deserve love and attention. Not the best analogy, but surely it helps understand where I am coming from? :)
 
What the **** is this game's penalty system? I'm genuinely asking. I'm doing the Le Mans 30 minutes race right now, and I've received a 1.5 second penalty for...taking a corner? No matter how hard I try, this game keeps giving me reasons to shut it off. I do not understand.

I just want to play the damn game and have fun, ffs.
I assume track limits are fairly strict then? 😂
 
Anyone else missing pages and pages of tunes? I've been tuning Gr3 cars for 3 weeks straight. Logged to do the new missions, my 458 has all 10 pages, but 9 are now blank and clicking on them each individually, they're all back to default settings. The only one that seems to still be there, is the tune I was on when I last logged.

Looking deeper into this, it only seems to have impacted my 458. I don't see the issue with other cars (yet).
 

Attachments

  • 16493689464857794621844386280880.jpg
    16493689464857794621844386280880.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 22
I assume track limits are fairly strict then? 😂
I wouldn't be too sure on that. Got punted a few times, and took the corners a bit too close to the rumble strips on Sardegna Windmills, and never got a penalty.

But I did get bopped for hitting the walls a few times at Tokyo Expressway. D:<
 
No doubt has it been asked before, but what are your guy's impression with the latest update (1.11)?
Still bad, no content. I would like to do time trials and custom races only but game is based around same precooked fun. You need to grind and nobody cares about fun. Still disaster from UX perspective.

edit: I am testing last champs because of new payments. Maybe it will be fun. But for instance, new Delta. What should I do with it? TT? Custom race? Arcade race?
 
Last edited:
Was this designed in partnership with the FIA? Because it makes about as much sense and is as consistent...
I did it earlier. Strayed a bit too wide exiting the chicane at Michelin or before Mulsanne or whatever and got penalties sometimes but not each time, I dunno to what degree of past the white line you need to be. It's weird. I got 0.5s per each crossing/straddling the white line there (didn't get them anywhere else, perversely enough), which is less harsh than the insane 5s that get given out for touching the wall on the new Tokyo Expressway race. Also twice at the Ford chicanes at the end of the lap I couldn't avoid cars that had essentially parked as they were crawling through the apex and rammed into the back of them. Still after all that and a spin in the wet I won with a clean race. Inconsistent nonsense but hey, got my 825k.
 
Last edited:
Ok, the new Tokyo WTC600 is actually quite hard. Tried an Evo tune from @praiano63 and it's not even competitive even on Easy.

Any other suggestions?
 
Sorry if already mentioned but 99% sure the mirrors in cockpit view are flipped. The image in the side mirrors is the one that should be in the rear view and vice versa, no? Messes with my immersion and my depth perception and should be fixed imo.
 
Tried the WTC700 in LagunaSeca. I thought i had good pace, gaining time but the Suzuki Swift in front does the race withput pitting. Second place with 30 seconds behind 1st. :-(
 
Can it work with the rain though?
 
Can it work with the rain though?
Yes. I just did that. Hard tyres are quite ok for this race. It’s just that you need to brake well around the corners to avoid touching the barriers. Might want to run a few laps just to get a feel of when and where to brake and coast.
 
I figured out how to get the Chaparral 2J to 438 pp with max horsepower and minimum weight and it's now the most overpowered car in the game.
 
I figured out how to get the Chaparral 2J to 438 pp with max horsepower and minimum weight and it's now the most overpowered car in the game.

I'll try this out when I get to it.
 
Last edited:
I wouldn't be too sure on that. Got punted a few times, and took the corners a bit too close to the rumble strips on Sardegna Windmills, and never got a penalty.

But I did get bopped for hitting the walls a few times at Tokyo Expressway. D:<
This was specific to LeMans! Seen a YT video that seemed to indicate this as well. He went over the solid line on the left on the straight and got a 5s penalty!
 
What the **** is this game's penalty system? I'm genuinely asking. I'm doing the Le Mans 30 minutes race right now, and I've received a 1.5 second penalty for...taking a corner? No matter how hard I try, this game keeps giving me reasons to shut it off. I do not understand.

I just want to play the damn game and have fun, ffs.
And that crappy stuff is something that already existed since freaking GT4? In its missions? And of course it's GT4 so it got swept under the rug?
 
And that crappy stuff is something that already existed since freaking GT4? In its missions? And of course it's GT4 so it got swept under the rug?
Not quite. GT4 was a little more...apparent in penalizing you. Though the immediate, most egregious example of what I'm describing here is the AI ramming into you in GT4 and you get the penalty.

And no one swept it under the rug. GT4's faults were pointed out all the same, I can assure you of that. You'll have to do some digging, but have a look through the GT4 threads — we were just as critical. :lol:
 
What the **** is this game's penalty system? I'm genuinely asking. I'm doing the Le Mans 30 minutes race right now, and I've received a 1.5 second penalty for...taking a corner? No matter how hard I try, this game keeps giving me reasons to shut it off. I do not understand.

I just want to play the damn game and have fun, ffs.
Sounds the exact same as GT5 at this track/event. I bet nothing has changed in the code since way back. :lol:

I remember several parts where I had to just crawl through the centre of the track to avoid triggering a penalty. The worst corner was the right hander before the long straights.
 
What the **** is this game's penalty system? I'm genuinely asking. I'm doing the Le Mans 30 minutes race right now, and I've received a 1.5 second penalty for...taking a corner? No matter how hard I try, this game keeps giving me reasons to shut it off. I do not understand.

I just want to play the damn game and have fun, ffs.
I don't suppose it's on the chicanes is it?

I noticed in CE on Sarthe that there are some spots that are out of bounds that in my opinion definitely shouldn't be. If you look at the curbs on the outer edge of the corners (the first ones you'd be near if you kiss the apex), if you're in line with that area before the curbs actually start you can actually fail the CE entirely, despite being pretty much completely on track. I wouldn't be surprised if that same area is an annyoing penalty trigger in normal events.
 
I usually play with no music but yesterday I fired up a gran turismo soundtracks playlist on spotify on the deep forest endurance race and time just flew. I was only missing the clio trophy for the time travel journey to be completed.
 
Ok, the new Tokyo WTC600 is actually quite hard. Tried an Evo tune from @praiano63 and it's not even competitive even on Easy.

Any other suggestions?
Probably another game. Do you like frustration? It's for you! :D
 
Back