Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,400 comments
I haven't bought physical in years :)

I have around 52 bucks on my psn wallet so i'll just wait for a sale hopefully the psn holiday sale coming up gt7 will be part of it.
It already went on sale once so it will again by Christmas or Black Friday, I'd imagine

Thanks guys im on a really tight budget so i need to be careful what game i buy especially a 70$ game.
I can only give you my personal experience as someone who’s played GT since day one. And pretty much everything before and since in the sim/simcade world.

To get straight to the point. If you have $70 to spend on a single game, and you’re a car enthusiast, GT7 is an absolute no brainier. I’ve put 150hrs into the game and am probably 1/3rd of the way through what I want to accomplish. Those other 2/3rds will be building cars, making liveries, redoing events with different cars, Time Trials, DLC. And eventually a Sport mode career.

Many of the issues others mention are absolutely correct. I just don’t put a great deal of weight on them. I’ve yet to hit any economy wall thanks to big paying activities like Circuit Experience, Missions and the handful of repeatable (big paying) events. If you want to collect a bunch of vintage 1930’s cars. Then sure, you will have to grind. If you want road & race cars from the 70’s onwards. It’s pretty easy going. Everyone will agree more cars, tracks & events are needed. Then again we’ve probably got another 2 years of support to come.

But the best aspect of GT7 is quite simply the driving experience. Complimented by the tuning and dynamic weather. In my garage I have various R32’s in different states of tune. It’s a pleasure to drive a stock car. Feel the differences with a modest road tune. Then onto a fire breathing version. That’s what GT is to me.

Last edited:
For just 26.22 miles a day, you too could potentially get a K20 swap in your honda beat.*

*statement above based on players that have not participated in the great GT CAFE raid of 1.17
I've only won one engine from Daily Workout in 230+ logins, and, uselessly, it was during the great cafe raid ticket bonanza!
But anything is possible, right? I should keep logging in I suppose, for the chance of EvoScudo X. The one in 5,000 chance.

When is Rupert getting those engines in? This Christmas? Next?

I've only won one engine from Daily Workout in 230+ logins, and, uselessly, it was during the great cafe raid ticket bonanza!
But anything is possible, right? I should keep logging in I suppose, for the chance of EvoScudo X. The one in 5,000 chance.

When is Rupert getting those engines in? This Christmas? Next?
with odds like that, I should've put the word "potentially" in size 1 font. :scared:

Thanks guys im on a really tight budget so i need to be careful what game i buy especially a 70$ game.
If you like competitive single player races then I personally wouldn't recommend this to you but if you just want great driving experience to pass the time then yes get the game. Tuning feels great to me, and building cars for various races also quite fun. Other than that the game is plagued with various issues that many (including me) has mentioned. Now if you think those issues don't affect you, then get the game. If it does, then I suggest don't get it.

If you like competitive single player races then I personally wouldn't recommend this to you but if you just want great driving experience to pass the time then yes get the game. Tuning feels great to me, and building cars for various races also quite fun. Other than that the game is plagued with various issues that many (including me) has mentioned. Now if you think those issues don't affect you, then get the game. If it does, then I suggest don't get it.
Plus you never know - he could get way into the livery editor or scapes, like @Nathan88 alluded to.

Chikane likes the P1 GTR. Get the game for that car, the graphics, the different tracks to drive it on and watch the replays. Plenty of Scapes to then just look at the car. Ray Tracing photos for that extra crispness.
For purely driving that car in every game, buying this game makes sense... in that sense. People have spent much more on a physical die cast car, that sits in a glass enclosure.

Chikane likes the P1 GTR. Get the game for that car, the graphics, the different tracks to drive it on and watch the replays. Plenty of Scapes to then just look at the car. Ray Tracing photos for that extra crispness.
For purely driving that car in every game, buying this game makes sense... in that sense. People have spent much more on a physical die cast car, that sits in a glass enclosure.
If that's what he really wants then he should go for it. Grinding for the P1 isn't that long is it ?

It's now been 5 weeks since the GTWS season ended. I was keen for a bit of a break, so I don't mind that there haven't been any championships running (outside of Asia) for a while.

But, on the other hand, there seems to be radio silence from PD about what's coming next (apart from the World Final in Monaco) or what their general GT7 roadmap is. I get that they aren't obliged to let anyone know what their plans are, but a bit more transparency now and again wouldn't be bad...

Lifes too short - buy the game & enjoy........there's something for everyone / many paths to choose ....you can even chase down James Bond in a Fiat 500

1667637931600.png

Imo best racing game there is currently available. Good racing model, graphics, great dynamic time and weather, plenty of content. But to realy enjoy you have to get hooked in golding licenses, circuit missions and circuit experience(tough with new physics model is probably too easy). Main complaints of the game are from fans of older games in series like gt4 that prefered old campaign style and from people that need to collect all cars in the game which is very grindy (good news, to collect 50% and platinium game you dont need to grind;)) btw Im sure its now cheaper than 70$.

Last edited:
This is absurd hyperbole lol. They made Trial Mountain a bit longer and changed a chicane, and added a hairpin to Deep Forest.

You can dislike the changes but 90% of the track is literally identical, and the changes they did make may be less aesthetically pleasing but certainly are better for racing.

I was never a fan of Deep Forest Raceway in the past, but I think it's fantastic now, there's so much flow. I just hope they bring dynamic weather to the track.

Wow i was just gonna buy gt7 at 69$ i have 74.32$ but got hit with almost 7$ in tax in total 76$

:mad: The word that starts with the letter after E and before G SONY you can keep it.

So mad what a bad day first i didn't get the series x and now this.

Wow i was just gonna buy gt7 at 69$ i have 74.32$ but got hit with almost 7$ in tax in total 76$

:mad: The word that starts with the letter after E and before G SONY you can keep it.

Local sales tax makes you rage at Sony? How odd.

Also is it "food"? "Florida"? "Fastidious"?

Last edited:
And you think Sony added more tax?
I really don't know like i said last game i bought from psn at full price was horizon back in march of this year and that came out to 74. So if they added more tax im just finding this out now. Of course we are talking about the company that raised game prices to 70 and recently raised the ps5 price.

Last edited:
I really don't know like i said last game i bought from psn at full price was horizon back in march of this year and that came out to 74. So if they added more tax im just finding this out now. Of course we are talking about the company that raised game prices to 70 and recently raised the ps5 price.
But... you do know that companies don't levy sales taxes, right? Sales taxes are levied by city and state government (there's no federal sales tax).

If the $69 pre-tax price is still the same now as it was in March, then the higher post-tax price is not due to Sony (or the retailer; retailers set the sale price and Sony is only the retailer if you're buying from the PS Store or PlayStation Direct), but due to different rates of sales tax.

asdf.jpg

Do you know how sales tax works? My man, you need to be less (or not at all) angry with Sony and more angry with your local government. Sounds like the sales takes where you live was raised since your last purchase which has 0% to do with Sony.

As they say, there are two certainties in life: death and taxes.

Did they? Still shows as $399/$499 respectfully on Sony's site.

Also, I remember buying SNES games back in the 90s that cost $60. Here we are, 30 years later, and games are a whopping $10 more. $10 extra for a ridiculous amount of 'extra' play-ability due to online play and the pure vastness of the games themselves. A quick Google search says that $60 in 1995 is worth ~$112 today. Games are ~37% cheaper today than they were 30 years ago.

So, yea... I get you're frustrated... but neither one of these are the hills to die on. Just sayin'.

Last edited:
View attachment 1206208

Do you know how sales tax works? My man, you need to be less (or not at all) angry with Sony and more angry with your local government. Sounds like the sales takes where you live was raised since your last purchase which has 0% to do with Sony.

As they say, there are two certainties in life: death and taxes.

Did they? Still shows as $399/$499 respectfully on Sony's site.

Also, I remember buying SNES games back in the 90s that cost $60. Here we are, 30 years later, and games are a whopping $10 more. $10 extra for a ridiculous amount of 'extra' play-ability due to online play and the pure vastness of the games themselves. A quick Google search says that $60 in 1995 is worth ~$112 today. Games are ~37% cheaper today than they were 30 years ago.

So, yea... I get you're frustrated... but neither one of these are the hills to die on. Just sayin'.
Outside the US yes they did raise ps5 prices.

https://blog.playstation.com/2022/0...c-environment-including-high-inflation-rates/

Thanks to Famine i have a better understanding of taxes now. :)

Last edited:
Uploaded some of the soundtracks which weren't online yet.

Lenny Ibizarre - Fantaisie Impromptu (Hi Octane Mix)

Unknown (Lenny Ibizarre?) - Pomp and Circumstance Marches, Op.39: March No.1 in D Major

Lenny Ibizarre - Ride Of The Valkyries

Paul Mauriat - Hungarian Dance No.5 (Gran Turismo 7 version)

Last edited:
I’ve realized something. There’s not much (if any) reason to leave a car as-stock, is there? In that sense, I don’t think I really should be buying more than one of each car, especially to save credits. Well, the only exception being if/when there’s a black Volkswagen 1200 in the Used Cars dealership, wherein I plan to buy as many as needed to get the “Firm Favorite” trophy.

Last edited:
I’ve realized something. There’s not much (if any) reason to leave a car as-stock, is there? In that sense, I don’t think I really should be buying more than one of each car, especially to save credits. Well, the only exception being if/when there’s a black Volkswagen 1200 in the Used Cars dealership, wherein I plan to buy as many as needed to get the “Firm Favorite” trophy.
Depends if you enjoy driving stock cars or not.

Back