Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,438 comments
What's the definition of "impatient" in your mind?
I'd say if you feel like grinding is necessary, then you may be impatient. For me, I'm fine using a small fraction of cars for various events in World Circuits, and for Sport Mode, I always rent. I've been playing since the first month of launch or so, and I'm up to 69% of cars collected. (I even have all the invite-only cars, plus a few spares I won via random tickets like a spare Ferrari FXX K and a spare Aston Martin Vulcan.) I think it also helps that I rarely buy more than one of the same car. I also save tons of credits only buying parts for cars when I feel like it's absolutely necessary, including engine swaps and widebody kits. Not to mention all the goodies you get by getting gold on all the currently-available missions, circuit experiences, licenses (including the Master licenses), Bonus Menus, Extra Menus, etc. as well as just the "base" menus.

For what it's worth, there is only one engine swap that I'd especially recommend buying if you don't have a spare engine laying around: the GR Yaris with the 2JZ. It's amazing, especially with a torque splitter set to 50:50. You can use it in pretty much any event that requires road cars that have up to 700PP.

For the actual WTC 700, though, I just use the Ford Mustang Gr.4 that you get for free through the missions. Similarly, I use the Chevrolet Corvette C7 Gr.3 for the WTC 800 - another car that you get via the missions - and then the Hyundai N2025 VGT (Gr.1) for the Gr.1 Prototype Series. As for the WTC 900, any Gr.2 car will do, but I usually use the Mercedes-Benz CLK-LM, which also happens to be what I use for the Neo-Classic Competition.

EDIT: I also am willing to be patient in waiting for LCD cars that only come in a single color/livery, which would include a lot of them since many cars available there are historic race cars. It's the ones that come in a larger variety of colors - like the McLaren F1 or the Plymouth Superbird - where I might jump on buying one as soon as they appear in a color that I particularly like. Whereas a car such as the Porsche 550 Spyder is one where I'm willing to wait notably longer since it only comes in a single color, and I'm willing to wait even if it's needed for an Extra Menu.

Last edited:
fair enough. And I would say if you're fine with waiting 2 or 3 years to have all the content in the game available to you you may be overly patient. lol
I mean, it definitely helps that 99.999% of Sport Mode events have an option to rent cars. I don't even remember how long it's been since there was a Sport Mode event where it was actually better to bring your own car. Maybe that one race featuring the BMW M3 E46 at Alsace - Village, where you could even enter one with an engine swap?

Last edited:
I have had the game since launch and I still have not had invitations for the Veyron or Veneno. Currently, I have 278 real world car models (excluding VGT rubbish and PD tuned cars)
Don't have any of the 15-20 million Hagerty classics like the GTO, McLaren F1 GTR, McLaren F1, etc.
Gotta grind like a madman for that lol.

I mean, it definitely helps that 99.999% of Sport Mode events have an option to rent cars. I don't even remember how long it's been since there was a Sport Mode event where it was actually better to bring your own car. Maybe that one race featuring the BMW M3 E46 at Alsace - Village, where you could even enter one with an engine swap?
yeah I'm not suggesting you can't play the game without grinding. I'm just saying if you happen to want to get all the cars (car collecting is definitely a part of the game right?) in what many people would consider to be some sort of reasonable time frame you'll need to do some grinding - dependent of course on what you define as "reasonable." I myself don't think wanting to do so in a year or less is necessarily unreasonable or impatient...

I have had the game since launch and I still have not had invitations for the Veyron or Veneno. Currently, I have 278 real world car models (excluding VGT rubbish and PD tuned cars)
Don't have any of the 15-20 million Hagerty classics like the GTO, McLaren F1 GTR, McLaren F1, etc.
yeah I'm not even mentioning invites - that's a whole other kettle of fish :lol:

Last edited:
Off the top of my head there's only been two non-BoP, non-specified-tune Sport Mode races since the start of 2023 - there was the Silvia Sisters-esque race where everyone got annoyed because the Sileighty had the fastest tune but wasn't in the UCD that week, and then there was one random PP limited race in the GR Corolla a few months ago.

There were a few more towards the start of the game I think, but tuning in Sport Mode is definitely an idea PD have cooled off of.

Last edited:
@MIE1992 @ZevZoq if may add another question to the grinding debate...

If you're spending all your game time grinding to buy the cars, when are you going to actually spend time driving the precious things?

I'm on the no-grind side of the fence, and personally I find a good balance between earning credits 'organically' to buy the cars AND custom races etc. in order to actually race the vehicles. All good sources of credits and no hard labour.

@MIE1992 @ZevZoq if may add another question to the grinding debate...

If you're spending all your game time grinding to buy the cars, when are you going to actually spend time driving the precious things?

I'm on the no-grind side of the fence, and personally I find a good balance between earning credits 'organically' to buy the cars AND custom races etc. in order to actually race the vehicles. All good sources of credits and no hard labour.
I don't spend all my game time grinding. I spend non-game time grinding. Grinding is done when I have a half hour here and there...it's couch time with the controller. When I have a decent chunk of time to commit to the game, the wheel rig comes out and I mostly focus on the weekly TTs and also doing the primary thing I love to do in GT games - pick random cars from my garage (hence the desire to have all the cars) and do laps at Nordschleife...

Witch models are you refering to when you talked about pd tuned cars, because the sema winners is tuned cars but are real cars,

I did a lot of Le Mans and when I bought a car I used this car and continued grinding.

I would also like to do more different things to earn credits. But unfortunately the payout is just too unequal. Do Le Mans and earn 825k in 30 minutes. Do three races you enjoy instead and earn....hm, maybe 250k or so? I like to do time trials on Nordschleife. I've done hundreds of laps there. But those don't pay anything.
Maybe a fixed payout per km/mile driven would be a solution?

Maybe a fixed payout per km/mile driven would be a solution?
More like time tied to amount of gas and brake pedal used. If you tied time to credits people would just rip tomahawks for days at SSRX or something. I do think that those who enjoy Time Trials and free roam lobbies need a payout somehow though.

More like time tied to amount of gas and brake pedal used. If you tied time to credits people would just rip tomahawks for days at SSRX or something. I do think that those who enjoy Time Trials and free roam lobbies need a payout somehow though.
Or just make a proper career mode. But oops, gotta keep that monthly engagement active

@Famine, So I was watching Super GT's latest GT7 video and there was a troll in a race... knocking around drivers online. His name: FamineGTPlanet. lol I assume it is not you.
Yep, @F4H Super GT got to play with someone who allows me to live entirely in his head. It's roomy too.

It's made markedly more obvious by the fact I'm not, never have been, and never will be an A+ :lol:

Witch models are you refering to when you talked about pd tuned cars, because the sema winners is tuned cars but are real cars,

When I say PD tuned, I mean the likes of the Gr.4 Mustang, Gr. 3 Corvette etc. Not officially licensed cars, just ones tuned in the virtual world by PD. I have no problems with the Sema winners because they are real cars.

Yep, @F4H Super GT got to play with someone who allows me to live entirely in his head. It's roomy too.

It's made markedly more obvious by the fact I'm not, never have been, and never will be an A+ :lol:
I thought it was cool to join a race with you then questioned everything when you plowed through everyone at turn one without braking :lol:

From August all new PS5 games have to be ready for PS5 Pro certification.

Makes you wonder just how long 1st Party Studios have been working on the system.

Sony is asking developers to create a new PS5 Pro-exclusive graphics mode in games that combines Sony’s new PlayStation Spectral Super Resolution (PSSR) upscaling to 4K resolution with a 60fps frame rate and ray-tracing effects.

A fixed resolution increase from 1440p to 2160p would also qualify as a PS5 Pro Enhanced game. Developers could also choose to enable ray-tracing effects and get the PS5 Pro Enhanced label without improving resolution or frame rates. If a developer wants to target 60fps instead of 30fps with the same resolution, this may also qualify as a PS5 Pro Enhanced game.

Simply running a game at a more stable frame rate on PS5 Pro is not enough for the Enhanced label, though. Sony also won’t add the label to games that run with a variable resolution and see increased resolution on the PS5 Pro that doesn’t improve the maximum resolution. So if a game moves from 1440p–2160p variable to 1800p–2160p variable, this will not qualify for the Enhanced label.

Developers will need to update their games to Sony’s latest SDK to take advantage of PS5 Pro features.

Last edited:
I watched it live @Famine and knew by the end of turn 1 that it couldn't have been you. :lol:

He did have me going for a short while there 'though. I remember being impressed that you were apparently an A+ driver. I thought to myself, "well, it makes sense seeing as he's been driving in GT since Adam was a boy". :gtpflag:

Welp. Polish site killed surprise.:D

Attachments

• IMG_0562.jpeg
    IMG_0562.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_0561.jpeg
    IMG_0561.jpeg
    148.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0560.jpeg
    IMG_0560.jpeg
    62.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_0559.jpeg