Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 39,484 comments
As for Polyphony, they have the capability to digitally restore the oval themselves if they wanted to.
I always wondered if we'd ever get historical tracks back. I'm pretty sure the last and only (numbered) time was GT4.
Knowing PD's attitude to realism nowadays, I felt like we won't be getting such tracks unless they still physically exist.

To anyone who has attended a live event before: how early did tickets go on sale for said event? I am planning a trip to Montreal this summer and would like to attend the event on the 6th! Also, do they typically sell out quickly? Any info is appreciated!

I recently cancelled my PlayStation Plus subscription because I barely play any online multiplayer anymore. Will I still be able to take part in the Sport Mode Time Trials, once my subscription has expired?

I recently cancelled my PlayStation Plus subscription because I barely play any online multiplayer anymore. Will I still be able to take part in the Sport Mode Time Trials, once my subscription has expired?
Yes, this mode don’t require the Plus.

Last edited:
I am only now getting to explore the most recent update and have noticed that there's no info on the Max. Power and Weight of the Afeela. The game hides those figures from you. Even when you're adjusting Ballast or the Power Restrictor, even though the game will update the PP value to reflect the change in performance, it will never show you the exact power and weight figures. However, if you record a laptime in time trials and hover the cursor over the leaderboard entry, the game will briefly show you those figures. Considering how secretive the game seems about these figures, this looks like an oversight to me.

GMsdzBsXgAAsAxm

I've noticed something:
Looks like they had fixed the engine sound pitch of the Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B in Ver.1.40 (Spec II update), giving it a proper pitch for an 8-cyl engine (now strictly corresponds with the actual rpm), and the sound gets higher when the rev limit is raised up via engine tunings.

...But for unknown reasons, it got reverted in Ver.1.42 (released in late January this year) and the sound also lost ability to be pitched up when tuned, again.

Stock (Most versions):

Stock (Ver.1.40-1.41):

Tuned (Most versions):

Tuned (Ver.1.40-1.41):

I hope it to be fixed again, along with the cars which have the same problems...

Last edited:
PS Plus is for online multiplayer. The online time trials are singleplayer. So the answer is yes.

It does probably need to be resurfaced but it is usable, for scanning at the very least. This was from 2017.

A real shame to lose these ovals outside the US, Rockingham in the UK is gone. Is the Lausitzring oval still useable?

I got really into Indycar racing in the late 90's and early 2000's, did a road trip from Osaka via Tokyo for the 1999 Motegi race for my first taste of Oval racing in the flesh. Then we got Rockingham in 2001 & 2002, but that was it. Guess fans outside the US just weren't enthusiastic enough to make it work.

A real shame to lose these ovals outside the US, Rockingham in the UK is gone. Is the Lausitzring oval still useable?
Rockingham is still around actually. While it hasn't hosted races since 2018 (I think?), it hasn't been torn down as seen in this video:

The Lausitzring also still exists under the ownership of DEKRA I believe, renting the facility out to anyone who wishes to host events last I checked.

Last edited:

Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue where car settings could be changed even when car settings are prohibited in event regulations.

2. Cars
 - Fixed an issue wherein some wheels could not be equipped on the following cars after Update 1.46 was installed:
  ・Lexus LFA '10

Thank you for your support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7!

Last edited:
In time trial you can now choose your own car, but in daily races still only rentals.

Improvements and Adjustments​

1. Car Settings
 - Fixed an issue where car settings could be changed even when car settings are prohibited in event regulations.

2. Cars
 - Fixed an issue wherein some wheels could not be equipped on the following cars after Update 1.46 was installed:
  ・Lexus LFA '10

Thank you for your support and please continue to enjoy Gran Turismo 7
So, will fix #1 + reopen dailies to garage cars what should bring back things to normal?

In time trial you can now choose your own car, but in daily races still only rentals.
What do you mean? I have no trouble entering a Daily Race with a garage car. Or does it kick you out, if the countdown hits zero and you've entered using a garage car?

What do you mean? I have no trouble entering a Daily Race with a garage car. Or does it kick you out, if the countdown hits zero and you've entered using a garage car?
It changed between the 0930 UTC Daily Race C and the 0940 UTC Daily Race B. Only Specified cars were listed for the former, Garage cars were added for the latter.

Back