Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,207 comments
If you want a visual idea as to how late it is in Japan right now, here's the Super Tec 24 Hours of Fuji Happening right now:

1716660677501.png

Gonna be abit.

Last edited:
I don't understand why no one suggests it, but I believe that the so-called Gilles Villeneuve circuit is actually the Canadian snow circuit, Lake Louise. Someone in the industry must have spread the news that a Canadian circuit was coming, and someone else speculated that it was the F1 circuit.

I don't understand why no one suggests it, but I believe that the so-called Gilles Villeneuve circuit is actually the Canadian snow circuit, Lake Louise. Someone in the industry must have spread the news that a Canadian circuit was coming, and someone else speculated that it was the F1 circuit.
Ahh, soooo, since villeneuve actually translates to “new city” or “new town”, it was just supposed to mean a new circuit! Gilles translates to “protection” or “kid” or “young goat”. Goats love snow and mountains. Holy Zeus and gee whiz, Batman! BUT….

1716682277215.gif

Couldn’t that also work for Circuit Gilles Villeneuve? Goats graze in the grass too.

Well Lake Louise was formerly known as "Test_Snow_Oval" in the code.

The Circuit Gilles Villeneuve stuff first started with it, along with Albert Park, being found listed as scapes data. Then more recently (a few months ago I think) CGV showed up again, added in a list of Time Of Day settings data that had previously included Watkins Glen, Road Atlanta, Test_Snow_Oval etc before their releases.
I think even some of the GT7 launch circuits like Daytona were found back in the equivalent code of GT Sport.
The list is reasonably credible, and especially regarding circuits that have never appeared in a GT game before, as there's no possibility of them being leftover assets.

Albert Park appearing as scapes data, but not ToD data [yet], is probably due to the relatively recent layout changes made to the circuit that will have delayed the development process, compared to CGV.

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 3LT Coupe '14
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Coupe '19
1716685345069.gif

1716685541090.gif

Maybe both are based on the manufacturer CAD model, so the base shapes are completely the same.

Just noticed one interesting fact, the wide-bodied models (Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1) got not only wide fenders, but also a wide rear end, and the taillights are also moved along with the edge of the rear end.

The Gr.3 variant and its Road Car counterpart still use the narrow rear end, but what if they used the wide one, the width gap of the rear fenders and the rear end would look more natural?

Last edited:
Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Z51 3LT Coupe '14
Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 Coupe '19
View attachment 1358514
View attachment 1358515
Maybe both are based on the manufacturer CAD model, so the base shapes are completely the same.

Just noticed one interesting fact, the wide-bodied models (Grand Sport, Z06 and ZR1) got not only wide fenders, but also a wide rear end. And along with that, the taillights are moved to the outside.

The Gr.3 variant and its Road Car counterpart still use the narrow rear end, but what if they used the wide one, the width gap of the rear fenders and the rear end would look more natural?
These posts are interesting. I literally didn't notice the GS, Z06 and ZR1 are widebodied lol

Also didn’t notice this, but always felt like ZR1 has better proportions than C7 but I always thought this was due to additional areo. Now I know ;)
I guess it's the same with me when I see a base C8 and Z06 C8. Always thought the base version looks off and the Z06 looks so cool.

Last edited:
Get the feeling there’s no update coming.

Edit Pt 2

Kaz could be in Canada, but that’s quite a way off yet, so I don’t know. But anything is possible for Kaz to drop the silhouettes.

Last edited:
But TheAdmiester said there will be, and they apparently have some kinda insider scoop on these matters..?
In fairness I only know contents, not timing, so it’s possible that what I was looking at isn’t necessarily coming in May (but it is definitely the next update, whenever that is)

I just assumed it would be for this Thursday based on previous updates, it could be wrong but I don’t think they’ve been consistent with their silhouette post timing ever since they made them fancier.

Last edited:
I've developed a neat way to use certain cars while saving lots of credits, at least as far as events outside of Sport Mode go. When buying a road car, I've been solely buying a power limiter, ballast, and similar sets of tires. (E.g. if it comes with Sports Hards, I buy the Sports Mediums and Sports Softs, too.) I don't get any weight reduction stages, or even a full-customize computer. In GT Auto, I don't bother with a widebody, instead opting just to get a different license plate placement that removes the front plate.

Once all this is done, I then tinker with different tire compounds as well as the power/weight to get it just barely under certain limits for various events. So for the Ferrari LaFerrari, I was able to get it just below 700 PP for the Ferrari Circuit Challenge round that's part of this week's challenges. This general approach doesn't just save credits, but I think it also lets you drive various cars as closely to their stock form as one can, while still adhering to various event regulations.

Of course, with a car that has a swapped engine, I just modify those as much as I'd like. (For example, I recently put a spare engine from the D1GP-spec BRZ, which I had obtained months ago, into the Nissan GT-R Premium since it lately become compatible.) But I only buy various Racing tires - including Intermediates and Wets - if the car comes with them, whether it's an actual race car like a Gr.4 machine or a high-end hypercar like the Ferrari FXX K. Similarly, I only buy Dirt/Snow tires for rally cars, or road cars that remind me of rallying, like the original Alpine A110 or the Lancia Stratos.

Last edited:
So for the Ferrari LaFerrari, I was able to get it just below 700 PP for the Ferrari Circuit Challenge round that's part of this week's challenges.
Wouldn’t that make the race so easy that doing it is just a mind numbing chore? I did that race in the Testarossa yesterday, and it was still barely a challenge with like half the performance of the LaFerrari.

Wouldn’t that make the race so easy that doing it is just a mind numbing chore? I did that race in the Testarossa yesterday, and it was still barely a challenge with like half the performance of the LaFerrari.
Perhaps, but I'm playing on the normal difficulty setting. Ultimately, if the regulations permit it, it's fine by me. Even for events where the PP is merely a suggestion, I try to use cars that are barely below the recommendation. I've always found the real challenge to be Sport Mode, anyway.

Last edited:
There’s always tomorrow, but no update this month is starting to look like a real possibility.

Oh well.

Edit: Or not.

Last edited:
In fairness I only know contents, not timing, so it’s possible that what I was looking at isn’t necessarily coming in May (but it is definitely the next update, whenever that is)

I just assumed it would be for this Thursday based on previous updates, it could be wrong but I don’t think they’ve been consistent with their silhouette post timing ever since they made them fancier.
Just found something else that pretty much 100% confirms it'll be out this week, so probably just a late silhouette drop.

Back