Gran Turismo 7: Latest news and discussion thread

• Thread starter sems4arsenal
  • 40,210 comments
Interesting. So GT8 isn't for next month I guess?
There's nothing that I would like to confidently or definitively say. The list might get carried over to the next game, it might get finished with GT7, or it might get finished and even expanded upon with GT7. I would take anything about the next GT with a grain of salt unless it's coming from PD themselves.

Yay finally the Honda Castrol Mugen 🔥 🔥 🔥
The_frontview_of_No.16_Castrol_MUGEN_NSX_in_2000_Japan_Grand_Touring_Championship.jpg
NSX-GT_generations.jpg

Last edited:
It might be worth acknowledging that all of these cars but the 240 have been known to some of us since launch - what people refer to as "the datamine" is an old list that's not totally accurate (think lots of GT3-6 and even TT data that you can be pretty sure isn't coming to GT7) and also missing a lot of info.

The 240 was a genuine surprise that came from what I can best describe as "a reserved slot with no name assigned", and there are a lot more of those still to come.
I hope there are some open wheelers in those still to come cars wink wink

Last edited:
There's nothing that I would like to confidently or definitively say. The list might get carried over to the next game, it might get finished with GT7, or it might get finished and even expanded upon with GT7. I would take anything about the next GT with a grain of salt unless it's coming from PD themselves.
English isn't my mother tongue, I was just joking.
But I don't really understand the process you're using.
Are you scanning the game files or the server ones?
And if it's the game files, doesn't it mean that you can say that there are car slots remaining for GT7?

Either way, thank you for your work! (And for GT4 spec II also!)

English isn't my mother tongue, I was just joking.
But I don't really understand the process you're using.
Are you scanning the game files or the server ones?
And if it's the game files, doesn't it mean that you can say that there are car slots remaining for GT7?

Either way, thank you for your work! (And for GT4 spec II also!)
The specifics I won't get into as PD could very easily stop the thing I get info from.

What I was trying to say was more like, yes what I'm looking at is related to GT7, but in this day and age of games becoming platforms and live services, it's entirely possible that the list could be carried over to an eventual GT8, and that we simply don't know any long term plans beyond "this car is coming in the next update", a week or two before said update.

@TheAdmiester
Solid lineup! Very hyped, but honestly, when you teased it, I was expecting a GR1 car... Is there some on your datalist, just to know if PoDy is still aware that this group still exist? :D :D

I feel like the "Millennium Champion" is coming back.

View attachment 1358167
I'm very happy with the car selection for this month! Man, then it really wasn't a coincidence to see both the GT500 Supra and the GT500 Skyline this month among the legendary cars, the same thing happened with the F1 GTR LongTail and CLK-LM in the month of the GT-One! 🏁

EDIT: Volvo is back! Man, there's hope for Lotus too then! 💪🏻

Last edited:
Alright, this is my speculation of what new events we're getting.

2000 Castrol Mugen NSX - New WTC800 or GT Cup Gr.3 in Japan, probably KDP because it has neither.
1987 Nissan Skyline GTS-R - New Nissan GT-R Cup or Japanese FR Challenge 550 event. Would the R31 GTS-R fit in the GT-R Cup?
1993 Honda Civic SiR-II - Japanese FF Challenge 450.
2013 Volvo V40 T5 - European Sunday Cup 500.
1993 Volvo 240 SE Wagon - European Sunday Cup 400.

New cafe book is all the classic JGTC cars, prize is some crappy 6-star ticket.

Last edited:
Looks good.

I’m glad they’re finally adding a non-GT-R road car. You might say the GTS-R carries on the spirit of older GT-R models, but it opens the door for other no so famous Skyline models getting added in the future.

Last edited:
The specifics I won't get into as PD could very easily stop the thing I get info from.

What I was trying to say was more like, yes what I'm looking at is related to GT7, but in this day and age of games becoming platforms and live services, it's entirely possible that the list could be carried over to an eventual GT8, and that we simply don't know any long term plans beyond "this car is coming in the next update", a week or two before said update.
Could we get a track this month or is that completely out of question? Do you know?

Didn’t expect to see the return of Volvo in this update. I’m sure the Swedes will go mad over the 240, which should have an engine swap for some unbridled craziness. It’s an iconic brick, but the Castrol NSX is even more iconic. I’m surprised that it’s taken over 2 years to show up, especially since the 97 Supra and 99 GT-R were in the game from day one. Anyway there’s no reason for us to complain now. The R31 Skyline and the EG Civic are also worthwhile additions that I’d say have been a long time coming. A lot to be excited about this month.

Last edited:
I'm very happy with the car selection for this month! Man, then it really wasn't a coincidence to see both the GT500 Supra and the GT500 Skyline this month among the legendary cars, the same thing happened with the F1 GTR LongTail and CLK-LM in the month of the GT-One! 🏁

EDIT: Volvo is back! Man, there's hope for Lotus too then! 💪🏻
This could spell the possibility for the return of Lotus and introduction of Koenigsegg.

Lotus - As Volvo is owned by Geely, guess who else Geely owns: Lotus themselves.

Koenigsegg - As we now have Volvo, which is a Swedish brand, Koenigsegg could definitely be introduced in one of these updates. The more Scandinavian cars, the better.

Last edited:
Lotus - As Volvo is owned by Geely, guess who else Geely owns: Lotus themselves.
No.

Firstly, Geely is a car brand and, like Lotus and Volvo (and Polestar, and Lynk&Co, and LTI), is owned by ZGH.

More importantly, Lotus's licensing is Lotus's business. ZGH is not involved. This isn't a Stellantis situation where the brands are managed centrally. Each conducts its own PR and marketing affairs.

Back