Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

How are you guys getting these super deep wheels? I know "wide style" and "wide offset" but some of these on your pics look a heck of a lot deeper then anything I have been able to apply.

How are you guys getting these super deep wheels? I know "wide style" and "wide offset" but some of these on your pics look a heck of a lot deeper then anything I have been able to apply.
You've just got to find the right wheels. There's a number of them that are super deep...

Touching up a paint scheme based on my old ‘83 Corona.
20829153590639866.jpg

29073BED-18FA-44D8-B72D-A50CD9983036.jpeg

Panic Attack 2J

Born out of the idea that the fan car's shape was a close match to that of the Robot Wars Series 2 champion. Much of the design and decoration is based on the Series 5 version (the photo below is of how that incarnation appeared in Extreme 2); everything except the Welsh flags is self-made using in-game shapes and Photoshop SVGs. The screenshots and link are actually for the 1.1 version which corrects a wonky decal on the auxiliary engine cover.

Also imported the Team Carbide and Team Eruption schemes across (with tweaks where necessary), completing the trio of reboot champions once again:

Links:
Panic Attack 2J (1.1).
Team Carbide 2021.
Team Eruption.

So I’ve noticed something strange about porting over liveries from Sport (an issue that I only just discovered with my 911 RSR roulette win today). I’ve ported liveries with the Tag Heuer decals from Sport with no issues, they show up absolutely fine, however when I tried to port my 911 livery the decals that were missing were generic shapes ones!

The weird part here is that although I guess the shapes one has been removed, and that’s why it’s not available, the Tag ones are also not available so why do they show up ok?!?!

So I'm trying to change the colour of my Ferrari Dino and I notice that, while the livery editor certainly recognizes 4 different paint areas, it only lets me paint all 4 of them at once, one of which is the chrome rear view mirror, which I don't want to paint, of course.

Is that not possible? Why can I not deselect one of the 4 paint areas??

Last edited:
So I'm trying to change the colour of my Ferrari Dino and I notice that, while the livery editor certainly recognizes 4 different paint areas, it only lets me paint all 4 of them at once, one of which is the chrome rear view mirror, which I don't want to paint, of course.

Is that not possible? Why can I not deselect one of the 4 paint areas??
It’s been like this since GT Sport. Some cars (for some reason) when you paint ‘all’ it leaves the ‘other’ section as per the default livery. Unfortunately in your case, your only option would be to buy the chrome paint chip and repaint the section that you want in chrome!

Porsche 911 RSR, Retro Nike Livery.

Hi, I have recreated Davide Virdis' recent Peugeot 205 Nike livery for my 911 RSR. It was such a cool design, I had to try and recreate one for GT7.

Please check out his work for the original 🙌.

20829343186737039.jpg

Kamei Audi 80 maybe :)
No not the inspiration, more the fact that you already put it up in here earlier.
1983 Volkswagen Golf GTI "Yacco" #81
- link -

5ba7b924066c5faaae234a538051dfd6_photo.webp

-

View attachment 1148467

View attachment 1148468

View attachment 1148469

View attachment 1148470

1965 REDEX Snetterton Aston Martin DB5 "Leven Motors" #51
- link -

239e74a7415904596b0684cf2864bef4_photo.webp

-

View attachment 1148475

View attachment 1148476

View attachment 1148477

View attachment 1148478

1983 Volkswagen Golf GTI "Yacco" #81
- link -

5ba7b924066c5faaae234a538051dfd6_photo.webp

-

View attachment 1150231

View attachment 1150232

View attachment 1150233

View attachment 1150234

1965 REDEX Snetterton Aston Martin DB5 "Leven Motors" #51
Fictive
- link -

239e74a7415904596b0684cf2864bef4_photo.webp

-

View attachment 1150235

View attachment 1150236

View attachment 1150237

View attachment 1150238

It’s been like this since GT Sport. Some cars (for some reason) when you paint ‘all’ it leaves the ‘other’ section as per the default livery. Unfortunately in your case, your only option would be to buy the chrome paint chip and repaint the section that you want in chrome!
How would I paint just the mirrors? It only offers me the option to paint the whole car...

Porsche 911 RSR, Retro Nike Livery.

Hi, I have recreated Davide Virdis' recent Peugeot 205 Nike livery for my 911 RSR. It was such a cool design, I had to try and recreate one for GT7.

Please check out his work for the original 🙌.

View attachment 1150172
Nice one! I was contemplating making this one too. Such a vibrant mix of colours, love it!

A double-dose of liveries last night.

First up, a recreation of Livery Magic's Wynns Mustang which I decided to get onto the Mustang Gr.3 Road Car so I could smash through some of the American 700PP races - with great results, I might add!

20830185046280116.jpg

20829222404656428.jpg

More pics and download link here.

I followed that up with a livery I've been slowly working on for a few days: a modernization of an old JGTC Toyota Cavalier sponsored by Wise Sports. I thought if Wise Sports were still around they might be running a BRZ GT300, so I set about making a modern interpretation.

20829183034706268.jpg

20829192224943620.jpg

More pics and download link here.

I'm currently finishing off a couple of EK Civic liveries (one on the '98 road car and one on the Touring Car) and one for the Alfa 155...

Last edited:
While trying to do some touch-ups on my cdmaOne Cerumo livery imported from Sport, I noticed an issue with color matching. In Sport the decals would match seemlessly with the car's paint color if you made them the same, but in GT7 I can't get the decals to match my paint color at all. Even if I select the same exact color for both, the stickers are way off.

It's kind of upsetting. I've done a lot of masking to get some decals to work around difficult areas, but now they're discolored and I can't unsee it. the whole car looks patchy now.

While trying to do some touch-ups on my cdmaOne Cerumo livery imported from Sport, I noticed an issue with color matching. In Sport the decals would match seemlessly with the car's paint color if you made them the same, but in GT7 I can't get the decals to match my paint color at all. Even if I select the same exact color for both, the stickers are way off.

What's the cars paint colour?

It's kind of upsetting. I've done a lot of masking to get some decals to work around difficult areas, but now they're discolored and I can't unsee it. the whole car looks patchy now.
I noticed this the other day. See a black paint base layer, "solid" setting, then used the exact same colour for a gloss decal, and the colours didn't match. I had to change the base to a black gloss solid square decal instead to replace the paint.

What's the cars paint colour?
Right now I have it set to H-220, S-12, V-8. I hadn't noticed until now with such a dark color. I checked and it does the same for bright hues, but it's much harder to see the difference.

I had to change the base to a black gloss solid square decal instead to replace the paint.
Such an obvious solution. Can't believe it didn't cross my mind. Thanks!:)

Be careful with the white and black.
the black and white from the colour palette are not the ones from "standard". You have to go on 4th page: "chart"
I add them to the favourites. Or do it manually (Black: 0,0,0 / white:0,0,100)

View attachment 1150586
This is true. They've made some interesting choices with the "Standard" swatches.

That said, using the same swatch for paint and decal shouldn't provide different hues, but it does for some reason. Easy test, paint the car using the black on "Standard" using a "solid" finish, then add a square decal and set it to the same colour. You'll see the square decal. Never used to be able to in GTS.

Latest Posts

Back