Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Is anyone else having problems with the livery editor not loading complete decal sets on liveries? This came up a couple days ago for me and I've tried every troubleshooting method I know. Cars look fine in my garage, but the editor won't load correctly, either Design or Style. Stuff just goes missing.

Attachments

• PSX_20230124_134936.jpg
    PSX_20230124_134936.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 20
  • PSX_20230124_135002.jpg
    PSX_20230124_135002.jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 20
  • PSX_20230124_135033.jpg
    PSX_20230124_135033.jpg
    20.1 KB · Views: 21
Is anyone else having problems with the livery editor not loading complete decal sets on liveries? This came up a couple days ago for me and I've tried every troubleshooting method I know. Cars look fine in my garage, but the editor won't load correctly, either Design or Style. Stuff just goes missing.
You haven’t deleted the decals from your library by any chance, have you?

I think the creator deleted the decals...

I think the creator deleted the
@DarkKni9hT What does it look like in scrapes or race mode, that will seal the deal. If they are missing there the decals are no longer available.

Last edited:
So, unfortunately I found out the hard way last night that deleting a livery from Showcase within the game erases it from existence, while deleting it from your gallery simply removes it from the eyes of the general public...

I had just finished up taking some scapes pics for my Spoon Civic TC, so I shared them, then shared the style, as I'm trying to stick to a "3 pics, 1 livery" pattern on my gallery page. However I noticed that I forgot one of the Scapes pics, so I deleted the style, thinking it was removing it from my gallery, shared the scapes pic, then went to the livery editor to re-share the style again and get it into the order I wanted it. But then...

T Rex What GIF by StickerGiant

Then it dawned on me that it was gone. Erased. Deleted from the existence of time and space. It's like it never happened.

So now, I've had to start again... Luckily it's a fairly simple livery, but I've now got to track down all the decals I used in the first instance to as-closely match the old ones as I could. Because it was just about perfect!

So, unfortunately I found out the hard way last night that deleting a livery from Showcase within the game erases it from existence, while deleting it from your gallery simply removes it from the eyes of the general public...

I had just finished up taking some scapes pics for my Spoon Civic TC, so I shared them, then shared the style, as I'm trying to stick to a "3 pics, 1 livery" pattern on my gallery page. However I noticed that I forgot one of the Scapes pics, so I deleted the style, thinking it was removing it from my gallery, shared the scapes pic, then went to the livery editor to re-share the style again and get it into the order I wanted it. But then...

Then it dawned on me that it was gone. Erased. Deleted from the existence of time and space. It's like it never happened.

So now, I've had to start again... Luckily it's a fairly simple livery, but I've now got to track down all the decals I used in the first instance to as-closely match the old ones as I could. Because it was just about perfect!
When I notice a mistake, I now do “create new livery from”, as soon as it’s open I delete the one with a mistake. I did not figure out the difference between delete and unshare like you have. I have made the same error twice.

Last edited:
When I notice a mistake, I now do “create new livery from”, as soon as it’s open I delete the one with a mistake. I did not figure out the difference between delete and unshare like you have. I have made the same error twice.
Yeah, lesson learnt! I had been deleting extra pics from my gallery because I'll usually share like 8 of them, download them to my phone and then delete 5 so I'm left with 3 and a style. I thought what I was doing was just the same... Turns out I was wrong!

EDIT: I had 10 mins or so before bed last night, so I made a restart on the livery. Current state:

received_2969049313391600.jpeg

End result will eventually be like this:

20829911434525201.jpg

Last edited:

Well. It turns out I'm an idiot. (That or just sleep-deprived...) The style was gone, the livery was still there... I honestly disappoint myself sometimes. 🤣

I have been working on these decals for a few weeks, wanting to do the 2023 Manthy Racing car I came across. I had some luck converting them so I was picture hunting and came across the 2022 Falken car, which this pattern actually matches closely. Three birds with one stone, I did the Falken NLS Livery as well as a single sponsor version for the LEC. And I will do the Manthy car next from the same base, lots of decal colors to change for that.
B2F4B666-68F3-4E24-A64B-906DECED1047.jpeg
BD655D2F-4A1E-40CD-978D-1D843E866EC1.jpeg

Is there a special trick to sharing liveries/styles? I can’t find anywhere to share
In game? With the livery on car, go to editor. Second from right option is save style. Save with a new name , then it will create style with a loading circle. You will get a dialogue box asking “share” or “ok”. Hit share and follow instructions.

Is there a special trick to sharing liveries/styles? I can’t find anywhere to share
When you save a style it asks you if you want to share it. If you've saved some, go to Showcase, use the filters on the left to access the styles you've made, then you can share from there.

When you save a style it asks you if you want to share it. If you've saved some, go to Showcase, use the filters on the left to access the styles you've made, then you can share from there.
Ok thanks, for some reason it’s not giving me the prompt asking if I want to share. Not sure if it’s just an issue in my end or what

52659943084_1b2cebf214_h.jpg

52659942974_6706f1bf29_h.jpg

Way back in GT Sport, I've made a pair of liveries on the older 2013 GT-R GT3 in Pioneer and Woodone designs.

Looking back, I felt I didn't put a top effort on those two designs but with the arrival of the 2018 model gave me a second chance on improving the designs.

Aspect ratios. Talk to me people! I've noticed some people are able to take scapes pics with a super-wide aspect ratio, while the best I can do is 16:9. Is there a trick I'm missing somewhere?

Eg:

Screenshot 2023-02-02 091512.jpg
Screenshot 2023-02-02 091853.jpg

@ziggedzag yours was where I noticed it first. How did you manage that aspect ratio on the left of your two??

Aspect ratios. Talk to me people! I've noticed some people are able to take scapes pics with a super-wide aspect ratio, while the best I can do is 16:9. Is there a trick I'm missing somewhere?

Eg:

View attachment 1227777 View attachment 1227778

@ziggedzag yours was where I noticed it first. How did you manage that aspect ratio on the left of your two??
It’s the last choice in aspect ratio (I think), I have been using it a lot lately. I needed to get zoomed in on the car with a larger ratio, then switch to this one to give me the ability to frame the shots.
63CF6FAC-157E-45BD-9B84-0133EB8D381E.png

Back