Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Is anyone else with liveries that have ~150+ decals on the new AMG GT3 experiencing issues with the livery not loading, or just taking a lot longer than usual to load? Really hoping it’s just a common issue and not that my livery got corrupted.
I've had it happen twice (as in on two different cars) recently. I've not found any cause, or solution, and there doesn't appear to be any pattern. Once on the BMW M3 GT, and once on the Copen. The Copen was only a handful of decals.

Just need to complete the two Volvos and three more Independents for my BTCC ‘94 grid.
20829385779590443.jpg

TWR cars and “Carina” done. The final Renault 19 and Smith Cavalier Independents are easy, but no available decals for those. Will have to wing it.
View attachment 1255294View attachment 1255295
Amazing!
I still want to do the 1997 season (yes, the game), i have collected/created a lot of decals but still need to build all liveries..
Want to do 1 make as well and was thinking on doing everything on the Alfa 155. Edit: ah no 155 way too expensive. Might do Subie Gr. 4

PS if you need help with decals let me know!

Last edited:
Amazing!
I still want to do the 1997 season (yes, the game), i have collected/created a lot of decals but still need to build all liveries..
Want to do 1 make as well and was thinking on doing everything on the Alfa 155. Edit: ah no 155 way too expensive. Might do Subie Gr. 4

PS if you need help with decals let me know!
Thanks. It’s cool. I try to get the liveries to have some resemblance to the real thing. As quick as possible so I can go racing. ;) I did spend time on the Group A E30 & Sierra, making Project Cars 2 replicas, with GT decals. Just waiting to see if we ever get a 190E.

I used the Gr.4 4-door sedans for the 1999-2000 season. Can’t trim the weight, but they work fine detuned to that 295-310BHP mark. Less than half the price of the Alfa and the silhouettes are convincing enough.

I've been noticing this issue, lately with the WRX Gr.3, but it's happened with other Gr.3 cars, especially those that have extra aero. Apologies if it's been brought up before, but I would hope it's been brought to PD's attention.

Attachments

• 20829959150505325.jpg
    20829959150505325.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 9
I've been noticing this issue, lately with the WRX Gr.3, but it's happened with other Gr.3 cars, especially those that have extra aero. Apologies if it's been brought up before, but I would hope it's been brought to PD's attention.
Have you tried dialling down the "Limit Angle" and "Limit Depth" to -8 or -9 to see does that fix the issue.

Sometimes it isn't enough to dial it down. When that happens I put a decal over the bleed-through, but you can't do that with special colours
The example in the picture was Machine Grey Metallic. I did another one using the default palette and used your idea. Still didn't work. The "patch" was transparent to the decal

The example in the picture was Machine Grey Metallic. I did another one using the default palette and used your idea. Still didn't work. The "patch" was transparent to the decal

If it doesn’t work out for you set a base decal and stretch it over the entire car. Place it as the lowest decal and set angle and depth to max. Now go back to your decal and mask the effected bleed area with the same colour as the base.

Dialling back as I said should work though

I'm fairly sure that can be controlled by reducing depth to -9/-10, and adjusting projection mode to see which one works.

Last edited:
I'm fairly sure that can be controlled by reducing depth to -9/-10, and adjusting projection mode to see which one works.
To be fair, when I did that last night, I didn't change any of the layer settings. It was more of "let's give it a shot, couldn't hurt" type of thing.

To fix that you just have to pull a decal in body colour to cover the whole body, +10 on angle and depth and place it closet to the bottom. Now it's the same colour
I know, I was just stating because it is not just special colors that are difficult or impossible to match. Another gripe is the lack of ability to use special colors as decals. Oh the things I could make with unlimited use of satin and metallic finishes.

Anyone else livery editor not loading? My just stays on this screen I haven't been able to launch it today at all.
Gran Turismo® 7_20230511190859.jpg

EDIT - It gets weird it works with any car I pick but when I pick the P1 GTR and go into the car customization the car wont load and nothing works?

Could someone with The p1 gtr try to see if it works in your game?

Last edited:
Even black paint and black decals are slightly different color
I noticed this with white, and I'm pretty sure it's the same problem with other colors.

If you use a plain white painting on the car and "shiny" decals (I guess it's how they're called in English), colors will be exactly the same if you use the base circle or square(s) decals for example.

BUT if you use the sort of "wave" decal (on the right of the 3rd or 4th line of decals) the white won't be as white as the others, and there's nothing you can do about it.

So if you encountered this problem with black, I'm pretty sure you can check the shape of the decal you used and see if you can change it.

To fix that you just have to pull a decal in body colour to cover the whole body, +10 on angle and depth and place it closet to the bottom. Now it's the same colour
Unfortunately, even with a big square on the whole body, if you put the "wrong" base decal above, it won't be the same color.
I still wonder how this hasn't been patched since months...

@chikane_gtr

Unfortunately I don't have this car yet so I can't help.

@ohcapsfan
The "patch" was transparent to the decal

Of course the patch decal must be a layer above the one you want to mask BUT applied from behind the car, in order to cover the part you want.

(but I think angle and depth should work, as it was already suggested)

Last edited:
Sucks when we can’t separate matte and gloss decals on the body. Different black on the bonnet to the black on the body. White(looks cream or tinge of red at times) is probably worse between paint and decal.

Anyone else livery editor not loading? My just stays on this screen I haven't been able to launch it today at all.
View attachment 1255731

EDIT - It gets weird it works with any car I pick but when I pick the P1 GTR and go into the car customization the car wont load and nothing works?

Stuff like this seems to have been going on for a while, as I said at the top of the page, I've got a complex livery on the E92 M3 GT that will cause this, and a simple livery on the Daihatsu Copen that did too.

Don't know if this will help you or not.

Back