Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

1887c9828c846-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_431543680299686_1685717501170.jpg
1887c981d5c21-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_431543641665780_1685717350256.jpg
1887c92275d83-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_431543557990071_1685717023398.jpg
1887c924b0a20-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_431543562685060_1685717041738.jpg
1886dabdb3882-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_431479562779413_1685467042107.jpg
1886dabcad991-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_431479560409242_1685467032848.jpg
1886d8ea63818-3f026FE9664245D953F.7A4E923B513F64D0_message_431479004216065_1685464860219.jpg

So I haven't painted any replicas in a while, but after watching a YouTube video about someone buying this 90s JDM tuner classic I couldn't resist. Even though it's already floating around in GT7 made by other people, I wanted to create my own version. Prepared all the necessary decals and fonts and since it's really not a complex livery I wanted to take my time to match the colors correctly and include details like the die cut edge of the printed main decal. I then stumbled upon 2 things:

1. Couldn't get the gradient in my SVG to work. This wasn't a problem in the past, but I can't remember how I made it work back then.
2. As a workaround: masking everything but said decal and using paint and gradients underneath causes some weird glitches on track.
Originally I thought: R33 in stock black with some stickers on it – easy peazy! But nope... I could sacrifice real car paints and opting for masking with solid black does have its advantage: Fluorescent Blue B6 or RUF Acid Blue really makes the main decal pop. But this paint glitch really bums me out. Decal wrapping angles and depth are all set to 10.

So far the R33 is the only car I've noticed this bug. Widebody or not, it always shows on track. Is this issue also apparent on PS5? And maybe someone can point me in the right direction on how to get gradients to work in SVGs.

Here are some examples of the paint shining through on the edges.

Photo Mode
Tsukuba Circuit_.jpeg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230603100749.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230603100745.jpg

Chase Cam (very apparent in game, but only slightly visible in the screenshots due to image compression)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230603100409.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230603100343.jpg

Livery Editor (oddly enough, here it's only visible around the center brake light, which doesn't show on track/photo mode)
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230602155000.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20230602154955.jpg

Car looks fine in the Livery Editor (apart from the brake light), Scapes and Garage.

Edit: was able to get the gradient in the SVG to work now and ditched the workaround. Bug remains but my issue is solved.

Last edited:
So I haven't painted any replicas in a while, but after watching a YouTube video about someone buying this 90s JDM tuner classic I couldn't resist. Even though it's already floating around in GT7 made by other people, I wanted to create my own version. Prepared all the necessary decals and fonts and since it's really not a complex livery I wanted to take my time to match the colors correctly and include details like the die cut edge of the printed main decal. I then stumbled upon 2 things:

1. Couldn't get the gradient in my SVG to work. This wasn't a problem in the past, but I can't remember how I made it work back then.
2. As a workaround: masking everything but said decal and using paint and gradients underneath causes some weird glitches on track.
Originally I thought: R33 in stock black with some stickers on it – easy peazy! But nope... I could sacrifice real car paints and opting for masking with solid black does have its advantage: Fluorescent Blue B6 or RUF Acid Blue really makes the main decal pop. But this paint glitch really bums me out. Decal wrapping angles and depth are all set to 10.

So far the R33 is the only car I've noticed this bug. Widebody or not, it always shows on track. Is this issue also apparent on PS5? And maybe someone can point me in the right direction on how to get gradients to work in SVGs.

Here are some examples of the paint shining through on the edges.

Photo Mode
View attachment 1262024View attachment 1262026View attachment 1262027

Chase Cam (very apparent in game, but only slightly visible in the screenshots due to image compression)
View attachment 1262028View attachment 1262029

Livery Editor (oddly enough, here it's only visible around the center brake light, which doesn't show on track/photo mode)
View attachment 1262030View attachment 1262031

Car looks fine in the Livery Editor (apart from the brake light), Scapes and Garage.

Edit: was able to get the gradient in the SVG to work now and ditched the workaround. Bug remains but my issue is solved.
Yeah, the R33 skin has always been buggy. In GT Sport there was even a random line that would appear on the driver's side wing/fender which overlapped the area around the 3rd brake light on the spoiler. That meant if you placed a decal on the wing/fender it would appear on the spolier and visa versa. GT7 fixed that issue but the wierd patchwork effect persists. It appears to be down to the game loading a lower-res copy of the livery for races particularly on PS4s (as on my PS5 it doesn't happen as often, if at all).

Hi all. A friend of mine gave me a challenge of creating a post-apocalyptic Nascar-inspired livery. I've started by making a Nascar-style livery, but now I'm trying to work out how to go from a clean race livery to something that resembles "post-apocalyptic".

Any ideas??

I was thinking of adding dirt, rust, fading out the colours, etc. But then is that enough to appear "post-apocalyptic"?

Sadly we can't add rocket launchers, bull-bars, or big spikes, so I can't go full Mad Max on this...

This Friday I'm racing in a 90min endurance Le Mans race and needed a Gr.1 livery for the 919. I decided to upcycle my 917 livery into a Porsche 75th Anniversary edition. Download here: https://www.gran-turismo.com/sg/gt7...e8c515c082/gallery/CarStyle/19422275986203820

Porsche's 75th Anniversary of registering the first 356 is today. Perfect timing to roll out a gold version of the Salzburg 917-based livery with the 75 logo. Not a huge update but I quite like it and am excited to look flashy while placing in the bottom half of the race on Fri :D

full

full

full

Last edited:
Anybody got an idea for a potential Blank canvas kind of car?

I'm thinking about making a fake Volvo to go with the fake SAAB lol

and So far I only found the Skyline R30 SS and the VW ID.R that fits the criteria.

Been on a bit of a hiatus from GT7, but here's the most recent liveries I've put together.

#4 Team BMW Motorsport Japan M6 GT3
#7 Team BMW Motorsport Japan M6 GT3

This was the first "pair" project I've done; thought I'd try something a little different since none of the Super GT liveries I've made this far have been official factory efforts, and came up with these.

Gave them each a few unique partner sponsors to differentiate them beyond the number and trim colors; overall pretty pleased with how they turned out.

#0 BOMEX JP Nismo GTR GT3
Put this one together pretty much right after the Nismo GT3 was added to the game. Started out as an Autobacs livery, but eventually turned into this Bomex sponsored ride instead. Most tedious part was the slogan on the hood, which took a lot of time making sure all of the letters were aligned and scaled correctly with each other.

#22 Team R'Qs Marusho Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
Went looking for inspiration one night and came across some images of a Ford GT GTE wearing a very vibrant Wynn's livery, and decided to reinterpret it onto the Vantage under the guise of a Team R'Qs entry, a team that appears to prefer running European metal in the Super GT series IRL and I believe has fielded Astons at various points in time.

Overall really like how this one turned out; gave me an excuse to use purple as a primary color too, so that's another checked off the list.

#33 Honda Racing Hybrid NSX GT
I dunno what it is, but I've always struggled to come up with liveries I'm truly satisfied with on mid-engine layout cars. Maybe it's the lower amounts of white-space in comparison to front-engined models, but I've found them the most difficult to execute designs on personally. All of that is to say that I don't fully vibe with how this one turned out. Fell on the inspiration of a factory entry that espoused Honda's hybrid tech they deployed in the road-going NSX, taking some inspiration from the Earth Dreams reveal livery applied to the 2007 RA107 F1 car.

Couldn't find anything that sated my want for an Earth-style design, so I settled for a circuit board look. The chrome green was also an experiment to see how that looked, and I'm still on the fence as to whether it fully worked. Will probably chalk this one up as a "meh" and workshop some new ideas for it.

#50 ZF Sport Technik Japan Audi R8 LMS Evo
As mentioned with the NSX, designing on mid-engine silhouettes is a bit of a challenge for me. That said, I feel this Audi came out far better than the NSX. Had the idea of using ZF as a primary sponsor (wanted to use a gearbox manufacturer as I had the gear graphic in my library), and made it cross-over with the Muta branded nose. Wasn't sure how the contrast of metallic bronze would be against the light ZF blue, but I think it turned out alright.

(Also, apologies for the first pic being so dark; guess the HDR on my TV made it appear brighter than my settings actually were :boggled:)

Group pic:

Gallery links, for those interested:
#4 Team BMW Motorsport Japan M6 GT3
#7 Team BMW Motorsport Japan M6 GT3
#0 BOMEX JP Nismo GTR GT3
#22 Team R'Qs Marusho Aston Martin V12 Vantage GT3
#33 Honda Racing Hybrid NSX GT
#50 ZF Sport Technik Japan Audi R8 LMS Evo

7Pig7RBR
7Pig7RBR Alt Palette

#787B #PinkPig #Renown​

Home Straight and Grandstand_.jpeg

Pit Lane_.jpeg

Near the Last Corner_.jpeg

787B livery by Spicy_Nikorasu #Mazdaspeed #NeverGiveUp #Renown
Pink Pig livery by Stumacher962 #Porsche #LeMans #Gr3

A mix of 2 Le Mans conquering legends, the #55 Mazda 787B and the #92 Porsche 911 RSR "Pink Pig". Double your chances of victory with 2 iconic liveries in 1!

Mazda's renowned 787B (get it?) may have been the first Japanese car to win the 24 Hours of Le Mans outright, but did you know that its 5 speed dog leg gearbox was actually a Porsche item? Seeing the dotted lines on the Pink Pig livery, I couldn't help but to notice how similar those are to the 787B's Renown livery as well, and so I got to wondering: what if clothing brand Renown were still in business, and sponsored a 911 RSR in modern times, taking cues from Porsche's infamous Pink Pig livery?

The original colour scheme is a lot more monochromatic, being much more faithful to the Pink Pig's colour scheme, featuring fleshy pink base paint strewn with ham red lines, with many hollowed out logos in black. The alternate palette car introduces big splashes of colour to much more closely resemble the 787B, most notably with a flashier shade of green to contrast the existing pink, along with the coloured in logos as found on the 787B, as well as golden wheels.

The 911 RSR is one of the more frustrating cars to do liveries on. It's... just not a good looking car, for starters. That, plus the strict number board placements, coupled with the position lights on the doors, clog up the car's otherwise prime estate for liveries, and I had to spend much time rearranging the dotted lines to make the Renown livery look somewhat right on the Porsche. There's also an ultra annoying decal distortion area where the NACA duct is on the bonnet, which to my knowledge, cannot be circumvented. Add on the fact that the Renown livery is deceptively difficult to get to look right (or maybe I'm just not that good), the whole project was rather nightmarish from start to finish.

In rearranging the dotted lines of the 911, I've also had to look up which body parts written in German meant! Not every day a livery taught me some words in a foreign language!

Ferrari 458 "Itariya" GT3

#Itariya #Italiya #GTE​

Home Straight_.jpeg

Home Straight and Grandstand_ (2).jpeg

Dunlop Bridge_.jpeg

R92CP Livery by demersal-boom4 #R92CP #Nissan #Itariya

Given how "Itariya" and "Italia" sound almost identical, I'm very surprised no one had thought to do an Itariya livery on a Ferrari 458 Italia before!

Japanese fashion brand Itariya might not be a familiar name in the world of motorsports, but an R92CP wearing an Itariya livery did win the 1993 Suzuka 1,000km Endurance Race. Super annoyingly, real life photos of that particular car are almost impossible to come across, with most of Google search results being scale models of said car, making an exact replica questionable. Thankfully though, this 458 is simply inspired by that car, because trying to force a Group C prototype skin onto a GT3 car simply doesn't work. Plus, would Ferrari let its cars wear any rubber not by Pirelli?

The car lacks a bit of pizzazz to look like an authentic racing Ferrari to me, but if you're amused by my childish brain, you're free to take it, edit it, and use it however you wish.

hello, I have a chat group for decal/livery requests. If you're interested, lmk in game, here, or even dm.

Could have made it a Trans Am XGT. Trans Am is very liberal with number placement.
Right? Or I could've made it a NASCAR ;)
Unfortunately GT7 isn't, so if you ever wish to use your car in an official race you are forced to use the stupid number placement
I haven't done any Sport Mode races in GT7, but from what I can tell, GT7 doesn't force number boards onto cars anymore in Daily Races, does it? Does it still do that in the GTWS races?

Hololive Racing Suisei Hoshimachi racing

This would have been my entry into the let the music play LEC on the Lexus VGT if I realised when the deadline for entry was.
That reminds me in regards to Hankook: we'll have to wait for Bridgestone to be fully integrated into Super Taikyu after the fire forcibly brought the S. Korean firm out of the series.

Right? Or I could've made it a NASCAR ;)

I haven't done any Sport Mode races in GT7, but from what I can tell, GT7 doesn't force number boards onto cars anymore in Daily Races, does it? Does it still do that in the GTWS races?
I've done dailies with my Trans Am designs with no problem. Could be very different for GTWS.

Back