Gran Turismo 7 Livery Editor - General Discussion Thread

Canada
Ottawa
Pyano1132
I can't believe nobody has made this yet, considering the game just dropped today. So I guess I'll capitalize on the void and create this thread so I can chase some imaginary clout or something.

You all know how the previous thread worked, and I used it quite a bit back in GT Sport myself. Some people just post on their own galleries, but this thread is where anyone can come to ask questions, show off your stuff and generally talk about whatever you want related to the livery editor in the game (besides requesting decals and liveries, those two threads are pinned at the top of the subforum.)

So while I'm crying because Jeff Bezos won't give me GT7 until next week, I want you folks to get the discussions rolling and show me what you've been working on!

Here are the rules from the last edition of this thread, credit to @RoadRageDudez
  • This is a community thread where everyone can share their personal, past Gran Turismo, or real world created GT7 Liveries.
  • Please make sure you keep your liveries and pictures in one post to prevent any double-posting on the thread.
  • Please respect one another and their respected liveries.

Last edited:
I was looking for a topic like this. Anyone that has the game able to tell us what's new?

Can we use special paints to colour our decals?

Can we use special paints to colour our decals?
no you can't
Do we have carbon fibre effect paint?
EF893682-3C94-4386-9D5F-E14D95AF9BAD.jpeg

Glad someone's posted something they've worked on already. Personally I'm just overjoyed we can even change the windshield banner from the Gran Turismo style.
Worlds most simple livery (which isn’tdone yet either) though. :lol: Can it even be called a livery at this stage. Haha.

Yeah me too! It’s very limiting though

I didn't do anything.. it's a sample car from the game 🤷🏻‍♂️

Right now, I'm just annoyed with the 100 decals limit.
And also, I couldn't find Pirelli tyres for my AMG GT3, that's weird...

100 decal limit on the car, itself, or 100 decals you have downloaded overall?

Either way, it sucks. 100 decals? GT Sport let you have 2000 decals downloaded (1000 to your main folder and 100 to each of 10 custom folders). And you could put up to 300 on each vehicle.

100? Absurd!

So far, I've been able to get one GT Sport livery imported without problems, but sadly all the ones I planned to carry over for the GR Yaris have had one or more decals missing. Usually, the decals in question happen to be ones which I imported into GT Sport via the Decal Uploader. Even checking Showcase fails to bring up the decals that have successfully transferred with my main helmet design.

Going back to the 'Data Transfer Notice' issued last month, there was nothing said about a limit on the number of self-created decals which could be transferred over, only the number of transferrable liveries which could be displayed at a time in GT Auto. If that's the case, and I've been able to import my helmet design without any compromises, then it seems like there is an issue at PD's end which is waiting to be resolved.

Last edited:
I've imported two liveries from GTS so far, both had decals on that I didn't share. I re-uploaded them for GT7 and then just replaced the "nothing" with them; all data (size/position/color) is preserved in the data, it just lacks the decal itself.

I'm not sure but it seems to me that PD only transferred the last 100 liveries shared in GTSport.
Because for some cars, I can only import the most recent ones, and for some cars I hadn't created any liveries for a while, there's nothing in the "open design" section (The Civic '98 for example)

and same as you, 3 liveries imported so far, I had to upload the missing decals, and pay for some paints..

I'm not sure but it seems to me that PD only transferred the last 100 liveries shared in GTSport.
Which is almost exactly what their notification about it says. GT7 shows the latest 100, once you imported one the 101st will show up and so on.

Which is almost exactly what their notification about it says. GT7 shows the latest 100, once you imported one the 101st will show up and so on.
Oh ok I didn't get it right then.. It would be nice to have some kind of list, like the decals, without having to wait to have the matching car, and delete liveries you don't want to use again in GT7

edit: ok there's a filter.. I need new glasses 😅

Last edited:
Sorry to ask a question that's probably been asked somewhere.. but google isn't finding it for me:

I'm trying to get my GT Sport livery. I go to the "Open Design" screen, filter to "All", and I can see them there but they're all greyed out and my only option is to delete. Does this mean I can't import them? Or do I have to be in the car that the livery is for before I can import it?

Sorry to ask a question that's probably been asked somewhere.. but google isn't finding it for me:

I'm trying to get my GT Sport livery. I go to the "Open Design" screen, filter to "All", and I can see them there but they're all greyed out and my only option is to delete. Does this mean I can't import them? Or do I have to be in the car that the livery is for before I can import it?
Livery imports can only be done through GT Auto, with this additional limitation as stated on the official GT Sport site:

...when importing you will need to change your current car to the target car.
Effectively, you can only import liveries for one car at a time. Full instructions on how to access them plus custom helmets, suits and decals carried over from GT Sport:
・It is possible to verify the content ready to be transferred to GT7 from the menus below(*):
 ・Car Livery: GT Auto → Car Customisation → Livery Editor → Open Design → All Cars
 ・Helmet/Suit Livery: GT Auto → Driving Gear → Helmet Livery/Racing Suit Livery → Open Design
 ・Decals: Set Showcase → My Library → My Items → Content Type to ‘Decals’

Last edited:
I am sure I am missing something blatantly obvious and really simple.

But how do we share liveries now?

I've imported and updated a couple of sport ones, but I don't seem to have the share option like we had previously.

Edit: likewise with decals, I don't seem to have a library like I did on Sport. It's pulled in a tiny quantity of the ones I had on Sport but I can't share them either. Or the ones I've added today.

Last edited:
I am sure I am missing something blatantly obvious and really simple.

But how do we share liveries now?

I've imported and updated a couple of sport ones, but I don't seem to have the share option like we had previously.

Edit: likewise with decals, I don't seem to have a library like I did on Sport. It's pulled in a tiny quantity of the ones I had on Sport but I can't share them either. Or the ones I've added today.
"save style" just on the right of the "livery editor" button.

Last edited:
Hello from an old school GT fan that skipped GT sport and thus, is new to the livery editor of GT7. I am quite handy with Forza liveries though and was wondering about few things.

First of all, is there really no way to group decals together?
Can you mirror the whole side to the other side of the car?
Is there a "studio" where you can create decal groups?

Thanks in advance.

Hello from an old school GT fan that skipped GT sport and thus, is new to the livery editor of GT7. I am quite handy with Forza liveries though and was wondering about few things.

First of all, is there really no way to group decals together?
Can you mirror the whole side to the other side of the car?
Is there a "studio" where you can create decal groups?

Thanks in advance.
Unfortunately, nope. You have to do it for every single decal, one by one.

I’ve got my spreadsheet for genuine colours in GTS format (using 0-100 for the H value). Went to the livery editor today and noticed they’ve updated it to 0-360! Looks like I’ll need to update my spreadsheet!!

I’ve got my spreadsheet for genuine colours in GTS format (using 0-100 for the H value). Went to the livery editor today and noticed they’ve updated it to 0-360! Looks like I’ll need to update my spreadsheet!!
With the possibility to buy colors from all cars in the game, I don’t think you need your spreadsheet. ;)

Back