Gran Turismo 7 Master Car List

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 1,745 comments
Just realised the 356 in Brighton Antiques Legend Cars, is the Carrera coupe. Not the roofless speedster.

Also, I think PD doubled up with the Cobra underneath the car covers and the other car under the cover, is the GT500 Supra.

Edit: Okay, @Famine look like we have the Gr.4 F-Type and Gr.4 WRX
2021-09-12 (3).png
2021-09-12 (2).png

Last edited:
@Famine How do you know for certain that it’s a Ford and not Jeep?
I don't - but that means I can't place it in either section for sure, which leaves only the option of not including it at all. I had to come down on one.

I can rule out it being a Mitsubishi or Ssangyong pretty easily. That leaves the Ford and the... not-Ford (it is actually really hard to sort as the Willys due to a complex branding situation) and I suspect it's the Ford for... well, pretty much one and a half reasons, but neither reason is a full one all by itself.

Firstly, there's a couple of subtle differences in design; I looked closely but I couldn't see the tubular cross-member of the Willys MB - the Ford has an "n" shaped beam - and there's a difference in the hood clasp between the two models... but that's not definitive. The MB and GPW were pretty much interchangeable and about the only way to tell that isn't routinely changed is the shape of the moulding inside the rear panels where the toolboxes are... which we can't see.

Pragmatism is the rest of it. Given that the MB and GPW are almost indistinguishable, and that we know Ford is in GT7 - and has been in GT for the last 22 years - and Jeep has never been in GT, the likelihood of PD talking Ford into licensing and modelling the GPW is higher than PD including an esoteric car from a brand it has zero history with... but that's not definitive either. It's happened before.

So pretty much it's more likely to be a Ford than a Jeep because we've never had Jeep and we've had lots of Fords for two decades, and I can't spot the differences I'd expect to spot though I'd also not entirely expect them to be there - but it could be either. Or even both - they could have modelled one and badged it as the other!

Last edited:
I remember seeing somewhere in GT Sport game files that Willys was mentioned, so after all, that could be a Willys MB Jeep. I just don't remember where I saw it here in the forums though, but I've seen a post somewhere.

The Alfa should actually be quite a bit slower than current GT3 cars. The only comparable track time I found (most tracks they raced on back then have been rebuilt to some extent, so it's hard to find a comparable time) was from Zolder 1993, and that's about 10s slower than GT3's today.

And it actually makes sense - it's got about 100hp less than a GT3 car, and although it weighs a bit more than 100kg less, that should not be enough to make up for it.
There's only one track layout from DTM 1993 that's is still raced on by modern GT3 cars in the same layout: Donington.

If you look at the quali times from 1993 and compare them to British GT earlier this year, you'll notice that they were doing the same times as current GT4 cars and are way off from current GT3 cars.

Last edited:
Golf - it's on the list. Abarth 500 too, but that's also elsewhere.

Good catch.

Nnnnnnnope :D

Definitely R8.

No idea what it is:

View attachment 1079557

GTS has both, and I see no reason to assume it's one or the other when it's probably both again. I just picked a year.
Older 246de268e8735e29cd4eea10f384d5d3.jpgmazda rx or Mitsubishi Starion

Last edited:
I remember seeing somewhere in GT Sport game files that Willys was mentioned, so after all, that could be a Willys MB Jeep. I just don't remember where I saw it here in the forums though, but I've seen a post somewhere.

r64q2e2w3l961.jpg

Bridging the second and third line from bottom.

Last edited:
I don't know if someone mentioned this already about the Ford GT LM GTE but I'm kinda convinced that it's the IMSA version that GT7's getting.

thumbnail.png

For comparison here's the IMSA version:
1016848604-LAT-20180805-galstad-ROADAMERICA-0818-457301.png
It's called Ford GT Race Car '18 by the way... kinda odd too, because it started racing in 2016.

r64q2e2w3l961.jpg

Bridging the second and third line from bottom.
It's a Willys MB Jeep then.

Any guesses? Maybe the 2020 Supra in that blue color?

View attachment 1079759

V8 Vantage? Also confirms C7 Corvette
View attachment 1079760
Looks like @Famine already decided on Audi R8 and I agree but which year? For reference this is a 2018/19 rear-drive version:

audi_r8rws_2018_madrid_ibiswhite-1041.jpg

The vents are mostly rectangular with sharp corners. Is the GT7 car an earlier model?

r85.jpg

I suppose the first model R8 is both the best looking one and the most culturally significant which seems to be a key factor in car selection.

Last edited:
I suppose the first model R8 is both the best looking one and the most culturally significant which seems to be a key factor in car selection.
And the one that's in GT Sport.

I don't think that, given some of the choices from past and present games, "cultural significance" is even taken into account. If that was the case, we wouldn't have, let's say, the Fiat 500 Essesse over a Porsche 918 Spyder or a McLaren P1 in GT Sport. This applies to many other cars, so it's impossible to predict why a certain car is added into the game.

Saying that, it seems to be the original R8, 4.2 V8. The first generation V10 looks like this:
1631483759004.png

the Fiat 500 Essesse over a Porsche 918 Spyder or a McLaren P1 in GT Sport.
One of these has sold 2.3 million cars in Europe over the past decade and a half. I'd call that culturally significant.

The reason I mentioned the first-gen R8's cultural significance is because it actually is significant. Not only was Audi winning on the race track at the time of its debut but the R8 was the only real challenger to the 911's dominance as an accessible, practical supercar, and arguably a big reason that Porsche had to really step up their game. It was a key part of Audi's rapid rise as a premium brand, especially in the US, as at the time the company was struggling compared to Mercedes and BMW. And those early R8s are still weirdly relevant today now that they've dropped to reasonable prices and have proven to be reliable and cost effective.

Here is some more CSI action. This is the screengrab of the GT cafe menu, appearing on the table, with reduced brightness and fliped. I can't identify the 3rd car...
Also, I wonder what's written under the rewards section? Can anyone translate it from Japanese?
GT7_TRAILER_EN_US_FULL_4K_5994f.00_01_55_46.Still002.png

Last edited:
Here is some more CSI action. This is the screengrab of the GT cafe menu, appearing on the table, with reduced brightness and fliped. I can't identify the 3rd car...
Also, I wonder what's written under the rewards section? Can anyone translate it from Japanese?
View attachment 1079934
I'm pretty sure that it's a Honda Beat.

View attachment 1079934
I think it's a similar copy to the literal "menu"(it's really a menu - like food and/or wine menu) regarding introduction to our first races. A Kei car battle. The English version, with Japanese small hatches, are in the website screen shots.
Probably Cr. as the reward.

View attachment 1079934
Daihatsu Copen '02 and Honda Beat '91 - someone spotted the Copen a few pages back on this thread, and I saw the Beat elsewhere in the trailer, but great to finally see what that third car is.
Interesting that the top two have the brand name under the model name and year, but Honda is written above Beat '91 for the third one.

Back