Gran Turismo 7 Michelin Time Trial Challenge Offers World Series Final VIP Trip

• Thread starter Famine
  • 32 comments
Nice, Will certainly give it a go! Is there any news if the December Final will be accessible to the Public again as per Amsterdam?

I find the timing of this event funny, as one of the current Time Trial events is at Road Atlanta...and the fastest car appears to also be a Porsche.

The official rules say no BoP? Very interesting...
I'm pretty sure there's an error (or three) going on as there's two completely different sets of regulations.

UK/Australia version:
1697483087665.png

US/Europe/HK version:
1697483130081.png

As the car is provided to you for the event (and awarded as a gift), I'm minded to think the UK/Australia version is wrong - else you'd need to own and tune up the car to win, only to be awarded with the car a second time.

Maybe PD thinks UK/Australian drivers are slow and need a faster Racing soft tires compared to the sport medium that US/Europe get.

The story of invitations to buy half a dozen cars is in fact an idea that should never have existed. I'm afraid I'll reach the end of the game without being able to buy the two remaining ones, the Porsche and the Citroen. As incredible as it may seem, in another profile on the same console, these same cars have already been won in daily tickets, in addition to the Citroen invitation.
If fastest driver in this time trial had a World Final(TGR/Manu/Nations) ticket, who get the VIP ticket?
The winner of the TT can even win a trip to the moon, it would be nice if all participants won the Porsche invitation,,, the PDI even knows that participation in the last TT has been decreasing.

The story of invitations to buy half a dozen cars is in fact an idea that should never have existed.
The idea of invitations sounds intriguing, but the way it was executed was so awful. It easily could have been something cool like "own x amount of Ferraris to unlock the LaFerrari for purchase" or "Drive x amount of miles in cars from this brand," or win a certain amount of races, or win a particular championship, but they had to do it in the worst possible way lol

The idea of invitations sounds intriguing, but the way it was executed was so awful. It easily could have been something cool like "own x amount of Ferraris to unlock the LaFerrari for purchase" or "Drive x amount of miles in cars from this brand," or win a certain amount of races, or win a particular championship, but they had to do it in the worst possible way lol
Your ideia is good... You may contact Kaz on X (old Twitter) send a tweet, or better, a Xweet

Excited to give this a go and see how low I get in the ranks lol..
but sharing is caring I guess.
Race Track Racing GIF by Sony Pictures

ZEE
Excited to give this a go and see how low I get in the ranks lol..
but sharing is caring I guess.
Race Track Racing GIF by Sony Pictures
I feel the same way. I will have a below bronze time. But I don't care because I just want to get the Porsche with that Michelin livery

I love that they cranked up amount of Time Trials. They pay well and are fun to do :)

Almost reminds me of all the seasonals we used to have. Maybe it's hinting at something... 🤔
Probably what Kaz meant about players not having to do the same races over and over. Time Trials are, currently, the only to not replay the same races that PD create.

Apparently the answer to the tire mystery is, the SMs are available in the car settings menu, but only the RS's are legal! No tuning, though. And man, I didn't know it was possible to make a car handle so badly on Racing Soft tires, but the folks over at Porsche have done it.

Last edited:
Does this time trial kinda annoy anyone else?

You take a few laps to get in the groove, get a decent lap for the time vector tracker, then bam! Time to restart because the Duracell’s are flat.

I tried the time trial the issue is not tha batteries going low but the 918 spyders habit of understeering into the bushes, dunno what michelin were thinking as it doenst really promote grippy tires, quite the opposite, lol. My own personal 918 in the game is more grippier feeling, could be maybe the BOP settings?

I got a time can't remember what it was but it was slow, will post an image when I got a decent enough time. Onto the prize winner!

Last edited:
ZEE
I tried the time trial the issue is not tha batteries going low but the 918 spyders habit of understeering into the bushes, dunno what michelin were thinking as it doenst really promote grippy tires, quite the opposite, lol. My own personal 918 in the game is more grippier feeling, could be maybe the BOP settings?

I got a time can't remember what it was but it was slow, will post an image when I got a decent enough time. Onto the prize winner!
It’s on lap 7 that it tends to die.
I get my best laps when I’ve got that little blue/red number to work against, but the forced clearing of it every 6 laps has definitely caused me trouble.

I ended up with a time good enough for gold with 3 tenths up my sleeve. Here’s hoping the quick guys don’t get much quicker.

As you mentioned, the car is a pretty hard thing to keep on the road. It does want to understeer, and coupled with the circuit’s blind apexes and awkward camber, I am seeing a lot of red lap times. Whoever wins this thing 100% deserves the prize!

I’m playing on a pad and the throttle seems to stick/not respond (graphic is responding fine on screen). Anyone else having this, is there a knack to driving the car?

*** to answer my own question, come fully off brake before applying throttle.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back