Gran Turismo 7 not working

Australia
Australia
I played the game for about an hour before it disconnected, once going back into the game I could only access music rally and the used car dealership with no prompts for missions to complete. I have contacted sony support however still waiting for a soloution. Has anyone else had this problem?

If on PS4 did you install it properly with the two discs?

I heard someone say you're meant to install it without internet, not entirely sure why that would be.

I have had this problem. After a race, while receiving a car for a Menu Book, my internet disconnected and now the Menu Book isn't listed on the top left. When I go to Cafe and select it, then select Claim Reward, it jumps to the Menu Book page without doing anything. Pretty much, the mini-menu that pops up when you select Claim Reward disappears and you are staring at the Learn More and Claim Reward options with no change. Afraid to try License tests or anything until it's fixed. Back to GT Sport for now I guess.

Yes!! I’m so glad I’m not the only one. My internet went in and out while I was playing. I had to close the game and restart it. When I did, the game acted like I was a new player. It reset my collector level, I only had access to Used Cars, and it restarted me with 120,000 credits but it kept all of my other progression, menus, vehicles, miles driven etc. I purchased a car to see what would happen and through that I got access to the Garage. And now after the update I have access the the Cafe. But that is it. The game is unplayable with the exception of Music Rally because I don’t have access to the other areas anymore. I’ve tried everything multiple times. Clearing both the console and cloud data, uninstalling and reinstalling, wiping cache data, PlayStation Support was no help. Nothing has worked.

Attachments

• 359E7D8C-A103-4C68-A6AD-27680E90767D.jpeg
    359E7D8C-A103-4C68-A6AD-27680E90767D.jpeg
    224.9 KB · Views: 20
Yes!! I’m so glad I’m not the only one. My internet went in and out while I was playing. I had to close the game and restart it. When I did, the game acted like I was a new player. It reset my collector level, I only had access to Used Cars, and it restarted me with 120,000 credits but it kept all of my other progression, menus, vehicles, miles driven etc. I purchased a car to see what would happen and through that I got access to the Garage. And now after the update I have access the the Cafe. But that is it. The game is unplayable with the exception of Music Rally because I don’t have access to the other areas anymore. I’ve tried everything multiple times. Clearing both the console and cloud data, uninstalling and reinstalling, wiping cache data, PlayStation Support was no help. Nothing has worked.
This is exactly what mine looks like, I reckon it is a problem with the saved data that both of ours is corrupt. This would be fixed by deleting all saved data and restarting fro scratch however, deleting the saved data at the moment for GT7 doesn't actually get rid of your progression and it won't until there is a new update as I saw it said this in one of the known issue articles when opening the game. I am going to contact playstation support and ask if its possible to wipe the saved data completely.

I got mine working by moving everything on my PS5 hard drive part from GT7, I then cleared the cache and cookies on the console install the patch, in the game menu I went to network setting and deleted temporary files, exit the game sign out of PSN and sign back in started the game went to the cafe click on Luca gave it a few seconds and it started working

I have the same problem after my connection dropped. I've tried everything but it just doesn't work. 😭

Attachments

• 17f6fc3210350-a78f6135c4a5eb28760254fd7a3e0affea6601e6-531_message_421588575406297_1646830372680.jpg
    17f6fc3210350-a78f6135c4a5eb28760254fd7a3e0affea6601e6-531_message_421588575406297_1646830372680.jpg
    118 KB · Views: 21
  • 17f7788395a43-a78f6135c4a5eb28760254fd7a3e0affea6601e6-531_message_421592989626432_1646847615728.jpg
    17f7788395a43-a78f6135c4a5eb28760254fd7a3e0affea6601e6-531_message_421592989626432_1646847615728.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 20
This is exactly what mine looks like, I reckon it is a problem with the saved data that both of ours is corrupt. This would be fixed by deleting all saved data and restarting fro scratch however, deleting the saved data at the moment for GT7 doesn't actually get rid of your progression and it won't until there is a new update as I saw it said this in one of the known issue articles when opening the game. I am going to contact playstation support and ask if its possible to wipe the saved data completely.
I got mine working by moving everything on my PS5 hard drive part from GT7, I then cleared the cache and cookies on the console install the patch, in the game menu I went to network setting and deleted temporary files, exit the game sign out of PSN and sign back in started the game went to the cafe click on Luca gave it a few seconds and it started working
You got it working by moving everything on your PS5 hard drive part from GT7?? Can you explain that a little better? I don’t really understand that part lol. I understand everything else though.

If you remember to could you please come back on here and let me know what playstation support tells you? I’d really appreciate it!
So far they have told me to rebuild my database but this didn't work for me. This is what they said:
1. Please check that the game(s) is/are updated to the latest version. You can do this by highlighting each game on the Content Launcher and pressing Options > Check for Update.

2. Make sure you are using the latest version of system software. You can check this by selecting Settings > System Software Update.

3. If you continue to have issues, then you will need to rebuild your database. Rebuilding your database helps clean up the data on your PlayStation device as it reorganises the storage. To rebuild your database start with the console off > press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps > select option 5 - Rebuild Database.

4. If you're still having issues, you will need to reinstall your console. Initialising your PlayStation device will delete all data. Before you do this, please back up your data using a USB or PS Plus Online Storage. You can find instructions on how to reinstall your console on our website: https://www.playstation.com/support/hardware/reinstall-playstation-system-software-safe-mode/.

5. After reinstalling, please:

a) Reinstall the game(s). Please ensure you re-download using a wired connection.

b) relaunch the game(s) before reinstalling any game saves. It may be that the saved data has become corrupted, which is why the game(s) crashed.

6. If you own a PS4 and have replaced the hard disc drive (HDD), please reinstall the original (if you still have it) and try again.

So far they have told me to rebuild my database but this didn't work for me. This is what they said:
1. Please check that the game(s) is/are updated to the latest version. You can do this by highlighting each game on the Content Launcher and pressing Options > Check for Update.

2. Make sure you are using the latest version of system software. You can check this by selecting Settings > System Software Update.

3. If you continue to have issues, then you will need to rebuild your database. Rebuilding your database helps clean up the data on your PlayStation device as it reorganises the storage. To rebuild your database start with the console off > press and hold the power button until you hear two beeps > select option 5 - Rebuild Database.

4. If you're still having issues, you will need to reinstall your console. Initialising your PlayStation device will delete all data. Before you do this, please back up your data using a USB or PS Plus Online Storage. You can find instructions on how to reinstall your console on our website: https://www.playstation.com/support/hardware/reinstall-playstation-system-software-safe-mode/.

5. After reinstalling, please:

a) Reinstall the game(s). Please ensure you re-download using a wired connection.

b) relaunch the game(s) before reinstalling any game saves. It may be that the saved data has become corrupted, which is why the game(s) crashed.

6. If you own a PS4 and have replaced the hard disc drive (HDD), please reinstall the original (if you still have it) and try again.
You went through all of that, including rebuilding your data base and still nothing? My god man I’m sorry you went through all of that for nothing. Thank you for the reply though.

I am having a similar issue related to the online data being corrupted (at least i assume so) and while I have only seen one other person on this forum having the exact same problem I have, seeing that the online saves appear to be a common factor makes me hope that the more common issue you lot are describing will appear on PDs radar so they will fix this or at least allow us to wipe our online progress clean.

I honestly would not mind having to start fresh (as annoying that might be) if it means i can actually play the content, good luck guys

Ich habe jetzt die Datenbank und die Lizenzen neu aufgebaut, die Spieldaten im Spiel und auf der Konsole gelöscht und das Spiel neu installiert. Alles erfolglos. Ich habe es aber mit einem zweiten psn-Konto versucht und damit funktioniert es. Ich bin sicher das der Fehler nichts mit meiner Konsole oder meinem OS zu tun hat sondern irgendwo in Sonys Server Datenbank versteckt ist.

If you remember to could you please come back on here and let me know what playstation support tells you? I’d really appreciate it!
Hey, If anyone is still having problems, I have the solution, there is a twitter account that is run by the developers and they reset my progress in which I can now play. You cannot get your progress back from before but If you want the problem fixed they can help. Send them a tweet including your problem and PSN and they will contact you and help. https://twitter.com/gt7_online_jp

Back