Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
United Kingdom
Rule 12
GTP_Famine
This is the discussion thread for an article on GTPlanet:

Gran Turismo 7 Original Soundtrack Released on Apple Music, Spotify & YouTube

In an unexpected Christmas treat and with little fanfare, Gran Turismo 7’s original soundtrack has been released across a number of streaming services and music platforms, giving players the chance to listen in without necessarily booting up the game...

So, as people mentioned in the other thread, most of Daiki Kasho's music in this OST got updated from the in-game versions. SURV1V3 and What to Believe got reworked with better instrumentation whilst keeping the same arrangements as in the game, while there's brand new mixes of Shadows of Our Past and It's All About You that are not in the game yet.

The most reworked song, IMO, is 5OUL ON D!SPLAY. It sounds much more intense now from the one in the game with louder drums. So intense, it makes you wonder why it isn't the theme for the Spec II intro movie.

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, after playing a hundred or so hours with the music turned on, I finally turned it off. Frankly, I don’t care if I ever hear any of those songs again. They got very old, very quickly. I’ve heard them enough.

It’s a nice gesture, though. I’m sure others will enjoy it.

I would like to see PD integrate music services like Spotify into the game in a future update so I can play my own choice of music and play a wider variety of songs. I spend way too much time playing this game for a playlist as limited as the one that comes with GT7.

Last edited:
That's genuinely pretty awesome. I'm very happy to see actual Gran Turismo original music on streaming services for the first time ever. Looking forward to listening to both albums when I have a solid chunk of free time.

Now, give us the Original Soundtracks for GT1-4 on Spotify you cowards! :D

At the risk of sounding ungrateful, after playing a hundred or so hours with the music turned on, I finally turned it off. Frankly, I don’t care if I ever hear any of those songs again. They got very old, very quickly. I’ve heard them enough.

It’s a nice gesture, though. I’m sure others will enjoy it.

I would like to see PD integrate music services like Spotify into the game in a future update so I can play my own choice of music and play a wider variety of songs. I spend way too much time playing this game for a playlist as limited as the one that comes with GT7.
One of the worse, if not the worse, GT sound tracks imo.

C95E05D5-4C3D-46F8-AF67-A28EF9EBB2F9.jpeg

So glad to finally have the GT Cafe menu music and pre race jingles in good quality instead of rips on youtube. It's a far cry from the full soundtrack albums of older GTs but with all the licensed music it's always going to be difficult.

The Christmas album is still missing a few tracks though: Red River Valley, Goodnight Ladies and the 3 old songs from GT5-Sport (Jingle Bells, Silent Night and We Wish You).

Next I hope they release a full soundtrack album for all the music they used in the update trailers from Sport-7.

Still haven't figured out how to get my OST "copy" which was announced to be part of the GT7 collectors edition... :confused::odd:
As I like quite a lot of the songs, I turned them off in the menu early as I was annoyed by the songs switching every time between Home, Dealer etc.
I agree, the constant switching of music is more annoying than the music itself. I still go back to Sport occasionally and having the music play in its entirety even between menus allows you to enjoy it much more.

As for the copying part, I posted the instructions a while back here:

I usually listen to instrumental music to study, these GT7 albums were perfect for my study routine!
It would be cool if they added the albums for the other Gran Turismo games!

Hmmmmmmm, you can't chose this track in the game but also doesn't appears in Spotify...

But its in the game

Last edited:
Hmmmmmmm, you can't chose this track in the game but also doesn't appears in Spotify...

But its in the game

Yeah, it's weird that they restricted this and Daiki's GT3 stuff to replays only. Weird sound design decision, honestly.

Wow that's great! I hope they do it for the rest of the series. Would love GT 1 in high quality on my driving (IRL) playlist!

Last edited:
I just signed up to Apple Music again and searched for Gran Turismo - the only soundtrack that comes up is for the movie...... nothing comes up for GT7. Maybe not in this country's store yet?

I had to find out what this song was in GT7, and it's a surprisingly old 'electronica' cult classic from 1988:

Here's a bit more info on it:

-

I also bought 'The Trip' by Derya Yıldırım & Grup Şimşek, a Turkish prog/folk rock band from Germany - probably my favourite music track in the game:

Last edited:
I had to find out what this song was in GT7, and it's a surprisingly old 'electronica' cult classic from 1988:

Here's a bit more info on it:
I've always thought it owes more than a little to the latter half of the earlier and similarly named "Island" by The Art of Noise - one of my favourite tracks ever (certainly the best use of a bassoon and a waterphone in modern music) - almost it's like it's playing in the negative space of the track:

By the weirdest of coincidences, this was playing in the restaurant at Nobu Barcelona at breakfast before departing the GT World Series final.

Back