Gran Turismo 7 PlayStation 5 Bundle Launching in Japan This October

• Thread starter Famine
  • 22 comments
I bought the PS4 Gran Turismo Sport Edition, which I am coincidently about to sell in the next few days. I was hoping to buy GT7 with a PS5 when the game came out, but there was no bundles because there was no stock of PS5's in the UK at least.

After the release of GT7, and being in a position to get a PS5 when stock became available, I had to buy the console with Horizon: Forbidden West and an extra controller, both of which will not be used. The deals you have to take when supply is low. 🙄 :banghead:

Hopefully the consoles will always be available on their own, and I have seen emails for just the console from the company I bought from, so stocks must be getting better.

Unlike the PS4/GT Sport bundle, which was a GT branded console, the console seems a stock PS5 model in this bundle. Disappointing, when all is needed are plastic replacement covers to make it 'special'. 🙄

There were bundled PS5's for sale in Canada thru gamestop 4 hours ago,Horizon:Forbidden West + another game,$759...and on there website they say PS5's will now only be sold in bundles.

In my opinion the game isn't in a bundle ready state, but anything to get more players I suppose.
Not to go over old ground but……

GT7 has been in the UK, EU & US top 10 charts since launch. In recent weeks it was even in the Japan top 10. The only PS5 title in the top 30!

I’ve played regularly since launch and not encountered any game breaking bugs or performance issues. I don’t play online but am still engaged 6 months later with single-player.

HFW was bundled a month or two back. Friends who bought it at launch where finished with the game before summer. No DLC, just performance patches.

Why not Europe, ffs?
Bundles are usually released worldwide. Sony Europe/US will probably have multiple bundles ready for the holiday season & sales.

Nice to see Sony still consider gran turismo as top tier title on Horizon level (btw both great games).

Last edited:
GT7 themed side panels would have been nice, it just seems like Gran Turismo doesn't get the same treatment as other Sony exclusives when it comes to collector items.

Just a way to pad the games sales numbers. GT7 and HFW probably did not meet projected and this is just a shrewd way of plumping them. Bundles with marquee games normally come before launch not months later.

Just a way to pad the games sales numbers. GT7 and HFW probably did not meet projected and this is just a shrewd way of plumping them. Bundles with marquee games normally come before launch not months later.
Bundling for titles post launch is completely standard. Launch bundles tend to be themed or limited.

The biggest franchises are chosen for bundling. Which is why you won’t see the likes of Returnal & Demons Souls - titles that didn’t perform well at retail.

Marquee franchises like Gran Turismo, Horizon, Spider-Man, Uncharted etc. tend to be the bundle mainstays. Much like Nintendo with Mario Kart.

the only worthy bundle for GT7 will be that with the VR2 headset, come next year.

this one is too late, Gt7 install base is likely saturated, but sales are sales, and there will be onlookers and holiday shoppers.

/ thanks grandma, but I already have two copies of GT7 look!

son, say thank you to your grandparents..

Last edited:
Bundling for titles post launch is completely standard. Launch bundles tend to be themed or limited.

The biggest franchises are chosen for bundling. Which is why you won’t see the likes of Returnal & Demons Souls - titles that didn’t perform well at retail.

Marquee franchises like Gran Turismo, Horizon, Spider-Man, Uncharted etc. tend to be the bundle mainstays. Much like Nintendo with Mario Kart.
Nah. I'll stick with what I said as both games were out for months before bundling. Sales numbers low so need to fix them for shareholders as production costs for those two titties must have been insane.

the only worthy bundle for GT7 will be that with the VR2 headset, come next year.

this one is too late, Gt7 install base is likely saturated, but sales are sales, and there will be onlookers and holiday shoppers.
PS5 hardware is still supply constrained. As of July Sony had sold 21.7m units. Lifetime sales are expected to exceed 100m. Titles like GT7 will continue to sell throughout the lifespan of PS5 until GT8 hits the shelves.

Nah. I'll stick with what I said as both games were out for months before bundling. Sales numbers low so need to fix them for shareholders as production costs for those two titties must have been insane.
Some 6 months after launch GT7 remains a top 10 PlayStation seller in UK, EU, US without any bundles. A month or two back HFW started to be bundled. Which pushed the title from outside the UK top 10 to the top of the charts.

Last edited:
Some 6 months after launch GT7 remains a top 10 PlayStation seller in UK, EU, US without any bundles. A month or two back HFW started to be bundled. Which pushed the title from outside the UK top 10 to the top of the charts.
When numbers of consoles are in short supply, bundling games can artificially boost 'sales' of the bundled game(s). I had to get the PS5 with Horizon Forbidden West, which I have never even tried, because I have no interest. And not easy to sell as it is a digital download, rather than a physical disc. Still counts as a 'sale'. 🤔

Sony transform all stores to official ps5 scalpers bundle or not .
Gt7 ( in my country) is available for just 31 euros and they bring it at your door .
Ps5 even with the new price should cost 549 euros which means with 580 euros you're done .
With all this bundle " business " you you have to pay way more for nothing .

If we want to be fair ,ps5 campaign must start like this :.

Pay Has. No. Limits

Love the tag line! LOL!! It's very true for Gran Turismo. Here's the catch, they have to actually have PS5's to sell before they can bilk you for your money.
Maybe they should offer the bundle at Hagerty's for Cr. 100,000,000.
I bought an open box PS5 disc edition on eBay for around $550. The seller didn't tell me it was actually complete with the box and all, but it was. I bought two more Dual Sense controllers and a small stack of games, many of them launch or special editions.
I use all three controllers, but I'm not sure if I'll ever play all the games.

Last edited:
Back