Gran Turismo 7 Receives "E" for Everyone ESRB Rating, In-Game Purchases Return

  • Thread starter Thread starter Famine
  • 60 comments
  • 12,490 views

Famine

GTP Editor, GTPEDIA Author
Administrator
Messages
92,490
United Kingdom
Rule 12
Messages
GTP_Famine
Last edited:
I wonder what cars will be DLC?
 
No PEGI rating yet? :(
 
Last edited:
Alcohol?! In my racing game?! PD should be ashamed smh













/s
 
A few days ago GT7 also received the "L" rating in Brazil. It means "livre", which translates to "free". Of course, it's the equivalent of ESRB's Everyone and PEGI's 3.

Screenshot_20211209-105256.png

Classificação_Indicativa_-_2006.png
 
"Its ratings extend from the lowest possible “E” for “Everyone” up to “A” for “Adults Only 18+”, depending on the severity and frequency of profanity, sexual content, drugs and alcohol, violence, and gambling."

“M” for “Mature 17+” is practically highest for games in the US, because big chains won't sell “A” for “Adults Only 18+” stuff.
 
ESRB has spotted a photograph in the Museum which features an unidentified person smoking, while a Scapes location features a sign promoting alcohol sales.

Curious about the scape now. And who is smoking.
 
kjb
I wonder what cars will be DLC?
As stated in the article, I think the online purchases will likely be buying cars for real money in the Playstation store like we are currently able to do with GTSport
 
No effing and jeffing in this title then!
 
Maybe another Lewis Hamilton DLC( including, new to GT7, F1 circuits). :sly:
 
If I can save time by buying all the 20mil. cars with real money, dare to dream. I hope that is the case as I don't have the time I used to grind credits.


Jerome
 
Last edited:
Was hoping for an M rating honestly.
 
What would be the CERO equivalent in Japan for "E"?
 
Honestly I’d happily pay for those 20 M or 12.5 M cars I can’t put myself through hours of grinding on the same track just for a car. I mean I’ll do it once but it’s much more tiring to keep at it when there’s plenty of expensive cars.
 
Honestly I’d happily pay for those 20 M or 12.5 M cars I can’t put myself through hours of grinding on the same track just for a car. I mean I’ll do it once but it’s much more tiring to keep at it when there’s plenty of expensive cars.
It's interesting, I liked that whole grindy thing back playing Gran Turismo 4 in 2004, but now I'm more interested in racing online. The idea of playing some event against AI over and over is pretty dull in the modern age. Unless the AI was the dog's bollocks (which I doubt) .

I rolled my eyes when I saw the special edition of GT 7 came with like 20 million credits...but now I think that might be pretty useful.
 
That's sad when players have to pre think which cars they'd buy to prevent a preconceived(based on history) lack of enjoyment in the way they'd like to play the game. inhale
 
As stated in the article, I think the online purchases will likely be buying cars for real money in the Playstation store like we are currently able to do with GTSport
I don't have GT Sport so I was aware.
 
If I can save time by buying all the 20mil. cars with real money, dare to dream. I hope that is the case as I don't have the time I used to grind credits.


Jerome
What if they just made the payouts reasonable so that you could afford to buy the cars that you wanted just by playing the game normally without grinding? A bit much to expect, I know, but I'd rather dare to dream of a well designed game than an opportunity for the developer to take more money for artificially gated content.
That's sad when players have to pre think which cars they'd buy to prevent a preconceived(based on history) lack of enjoyment in the way they'd like to play the game. inhale
It points to just bad design to me. The game doesn't let you have access to the content you want to play with a reasonable amount of time invested, and even investing the time would not be a pleasant experience. Red flags all over.
 
What if they just made the payouts reasonable so that you could afford to buy the cars that you wanted just by playing the game normally without grinding? A bit much to expect, I know, but I'd rather dare to dream of a well designed game than an opportunity for the developer to take more money for artificially gated content.
Yeah that'd be ideal for sure. If PD does visit this forum, your post should be the first one they read! 👍


Jerome
 
Last edited:
What if they just made the payouts reasonable so that you could afford to buy the cars that you wanted just by playing the game normally without grinding? A bit much to expect, I know, but I'd rather dare to dream of a well designed game than an opportunity for the developer to take more money for artificially gated content.

It points to just bad design to me. The game doesn't let you have access to the content you want to play with a reasonable amount of time invested, and even investing the time would not be a pleasant experience. Red flags all over.
GT6 online Seasonal races gave you big payouts for a race that last a few minutes, as long as you won the race and with the login daily bonus helped as well with credits, in that game.
GT7 should have bigger payouts for Career Mode & online seasonal type races, because we will have a lot of parts to buy as well as the cars.
 
Last edited:
GT6 online Seasonal races gave you big payouts for a race that last a few minutes, as long as you won the race and with the login daily bonus helped as well with credits, in that game.
GT7 should have bigger payouts for Career Mode & online seasonal type races, because we will have a lot of parts to buy as well as the car.
GT6 had to give you big payouts because the normal economy was so stingy. They were a bandaid to a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place. I'd rather instead of that sort of patchwork system they just figured out how to fairly reward the player for the time spent racing, and balance the prices of cars such that a reasonable investment of time allows the player to buy the car that they want.

I would suggest that for the most expensive ultra desirable flagship cars, the player should be able to afford to buy them with the earnings from between 2 and 5 hours of gameplay. That makes them hard enough to afford to give a sense of reward when you do finally get to buy them, without making them unobtainable to those who are time poor. 20-40 hours to afford one car is unreasonable - even MMOs aren't that stingy with gear.

The joy of the game is driving cars, it should be encouraging players to drive as many cars as possible and only holding them back just as much as is necessary to retain the pleasure of acquisition and ownership.

While we're at it, daily bonuses can bugger off as well. Make me want to play your game daily by making a good game, not by creating fear that I'm going to have to grind extra later on if I don't keep my bonus high. That's gacha game bollocks, and has no place in a Gran Turismo game.
 
GT6 had to give you big payouts because the normal economy was so stingy. They were a bandaid to a problem that shouldn't have existed in the first place. I'd rather instead of that sort of patchwork system they just figured out how to fairly reward the player for the time spent racing, and balance the prices of cars such that a reasonable investment of time allows the player to buy the car that they want.

I would suggest that for the most expensive ultra desirable flagship cars, the player should be able to afford to buy them with the earnings from between 2 and 5 hours of gameplay. That makes them hard enough to afford to give a sense of reward when you do finally get to buy them, without making them unobtainable to those who are time poor. 20-40 hours to afford one car is unreasonable - even MMOs aren't that stingy with gear.

The joy of the game is driving cars, it should be encouraging players to drive as many cars as possible and only holding them back just as much as is necessary to retain the pleasure of acquisition and ownership.

While we're at it, daily bonuses can bugger off as well. Make me want to play your game daily by making a good game, not by creating fear that I'm going to have to grind extra later on if I don't keep my bonus high. That's gacha game bollocks, and has no place in a Gran Turismo game.
The most expensive cars in GT6 like all the 20 mill cars, I did not buy any of them in that game. I just grind for the cars I want and it was fun to grind for hours online, but for offline the worst career mode I would not grind.
For 3 hours of grinding in GT7 you should be able to have enough credits to go shopping and buy some very nice cars & parts, but it has to be in races that pay big payouts. I say it has to be around 2 million for just over 30 minutes of play, but it has to be the races that pay big credits.
In-game purchases will help you to buy cars if you don't like grinding, or you just have not the time to play for hours. You can not.



​

 
Back