Gran Turismo 7 Release Window Changed in Sony's Edited PS5 Video

According to this site GT Sport sold 8 million copies on june 2019. According to playercounter GT Sport has 186709 online players.
Okay but that's not the Point. The servers are needed for everything in the game. You can't even buy a car in the game if you don't have an internet connection (or if the servers are shut down)

Last edited:
I'm quite whelmed that it's delayed. They should take the time to make GT7 the best it can possibly be, and removing deadlines is a great method to avoid rushed production (I'm looking at you, GT5).

Oof... This triggers PTSD from my Gran Turismo days. Although I really want to, I don't think I will be playing this game unless it becomes available for PC. And I do hope this is not the beginning of many "soon" from PD. As for now, I'm super hyped for Cyberpunk 2077 and can't think of any other game :lol:

I can see Kaz saying(via Translator-San ;) ):

"Now that we have more time to develop Gran Turismo 7, we saw the need to maximise the power of PlayStation 5.
In Gran Turismo Sport, the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo, we future proofed all car models. In Gran Turismo 7, a new rendering model was created. We can now take the time to model all cars for Gran Turismo 8.
An all new rendering model is created to take advantage of the PlayStation 5's capabilities. Giallo Fly will look exactly like Giallo Fly on the Lamborghini. Even Lamborghini will not be able to distinguish the hue between Gran Turismo 7 and the Lamborghini in the showroom.

I look forward to sharing more details as development continues." - Kazunori Yamauchi, December 4, 2022

So with there being the recent clip featuring the Aston Martin saying at the bottom "Coming 2021" and the recently edited video this thread mentions saying "in development" it might be safe to say that not even PD has confidence in when GT7 will be released.
Hopefully what is coming in 2021 isn't just a release date saying something along the lines of November 24th, 2022 and then that ends up being pushed back to 2023.

So with there being the recent clip featuring the Aston Martin saying at the bottom "Coming 2021" and the recently edited video this thread mentions saying "in development" it might be safe to say that not even PD has confidence in when GT7 will be released.
Hopefully what is coming in 2021 isn't just a release date saying something along the lines of November 24th, 2022 and then that ends up being pushed back to 2023.

I think it will be delayed for 2022

GT7 Prologue for PS5. GT7 for PS6. If it doesn't even give the year of release, then I doubt it'll be 2021. :irked:

No PS6 until late 2026 or 2027 so no chance that will be on PS6, it's a ps5 game but it come the earliest late 2021 or even 2022

We’ve been waiting almost 4 years for the full implementation of the new rFactor 2 UI, really don’t mind if PD takes another year or two to polish.

You guys asking for 300-400 cars at launch is a tall order and unlikely.
C++, back end programming and car modeling is complex and time consuming. Ask me how I know.

For me the later ,is better .
After all , GT 7 will be always in development through updates and i can't " see" it as final product on store shelves when they decide to release it.
Mostly worries me the ps5 availability first , the " youth" technical problems that might has and then anything else.
I'll buy ps5 only for GT 7 and i want to invest my 500 euros to a reliable and bug free ( as possible) console first .
Might sound funny or hilarious but i know a lot of people that they can't afford to buy the ps5 .
Way more people can't find a ps5 to buy and that for we have a long way to cover in every aspect.
Ps5 is not really tested in real life with so few pieces globally and is a quite short period from his launch.
I see people here to worry only about the release of GT 7 , leaving aside that the huge problem right now is the ps5 itself.
GT 7 can hit the road in a few weeks if they wanted to but what's the point on that ?
After all people that still are in GTS are used to the update mania of the game.
Anyway ,first things first and that's not when the GT 7 will release d but the when the ps5 will be released for sure and for everybody.
Since i see no ps5 , doesn't bother me anything about GT 7 yet.

We’ve been waiting almost 4 years for the full implementation of the new rFactor 2 UI, really don’t mind if PD takes another year or two to polish.

You guys asking for 300-400 cars at launch is a tall order and unlikely.
C++, back end programming and car modeling is complex and time consuming. Ask me how I know.

GT Sport has 325 or so already, and we have seen some of those cars in the trailers for GT7 thus far. Possible that all GT Sport cars won't make it to GT7 for one reason or another, but I think 300-350 is possible, I don't see there being 400. I agree with your sentiment about the amount of effort it takes to add new cars, which is why I think the "It'd had better have 700 cars at launch" comments are daft.

GT Sport has 325 or so already, and we have seen some of those cars in the trailers for GT7 thus far. Possible that all GT Sport cars won't make it to GT7 for one reason or another, but I think 300-350 is possible, I don't see there being 400. I agree with your sentiment about the amount of effort it takes to add new cars, which is why I think the "It'd had better have 700 cars at launch" comments are daft.

GT Sport has 336 vehicles, take that 300-320 will be imported from gt sport plus 50 models taken from gt6 and imported to ps5 format and other 150 new cars from scratch made with outsourcing help and also 4-5 years of development then I think that 500-550 is a possible number of cars for GT7 as launch date, at best 600 at launch. Then with updates they can reach 750-800 range

I'm 95% sure it will come before the 2021 World Tour Nation's Cup Final, which at worse means a November 2021 release.

GT Sport has 336 vehicles, take that 300-320 will be imported from gt sport plus 50 models taken from gt6 and imported to ps5 format and other 150 new cars from scratch made with outsourcing help and also 4-5 years of development then I think that 500-550 is a possible number of cars for GT7 as launch date, at best 600 at launch. Then with updates they can reach 750-800 range

I really don't pay any mind to any of the car estimation posts because they are wildly inaccurate and highly improbable but you'd is at least well thought out. 500 is totally realistic.

I haven't touched GTSport and my PS4 Pro in quite some time. Would be amazing to get GT7 Prologue on PS4 Pro. With regards to the delays of GT7 for PS5, I am not at all surprised but then again I am in the minority because I cannot afford a PS5. Hopefully PS5 buyers remain entertained with other games and GTSport until GT7 is released.

I haven't touched GTSport and my PS4 Pro in quite some time. Would be amazing to get GT7 Prologue on PS4 Pro. With regards to the delays of GT7 for PS5, I am not at all surprised but then again I am in the minority because I cannot afford a PS5. Hopefully PS5 buyers remain entertained with other games and GTSport until GT7 is released.

From my point of view , there's no way to release something from GT 7 for any ps4 type.
Its like shooting your own legs for nothing.
Gt sport keep updating for those who play it and the main " goal" from Sony still remains to release more consoles to the market.
Rumors said that at March we will have a good " wave " of them ,so its logical any heavy title like GT 7 which is definitely a console seller to make their appearance after that .
What is gonna happen for sure ,nobody knows ( about ps5)
Personally ill by the ps5 only as a package with GT 7 on some sales in the future.
Am more interesting about bugs and technical issues that ps5 might carry and the way that Sony will deal with than the release of the game itself.
Success except good materials needs also the right timing and GT 7 timing deffinetly didn't come yet even if people refuse to see that .

Back