Gran Turismo 7 Release Window Changed in Sony's Edited PS5 Video

While there is a shortage of PS5 consoles, there is (for Sony) no need to release such a big and anticipated game. That would be too SOON (pun intended) and would damage the sales of GT7.
My guess is also Christmas 2021, but with the possibility being postponed to Q1/Q2 2022.

While there is a shortage of PS5 consoles, there is (for Sony) no need to release such a big and anticipated game. That would be too SOON (pun intended) and would damage the sales of GT7.
My guess is also Christmas 2021, but with the possibility being postponed to Q1/Q2 2022.

Honestly it would be a good idea. Release it to a limited player base, have them iron out the kinks.. kinda like a beta. And then update it in time for the general population to enjoy

Theres only 1 catch in that. I believe its being said that the biggest sales comes from the first week after releasing the game. So releasing this game to a very limited fan base could be deadly.

Theres only 1 catch in that. I believe its being said that the biggest sales comes from the first week after releasing the game. So releasing this game to a very limited fan base could be deadly.
How then new COD game is doing?

How then new COD game is doing?
That's available on PS5/PS4/PC/and multiple XBox consoles so isn't really a fair comparison. You could be pretty sure if it was a PS5 exclusive the sales would be far less.

Last edited:
I would think a Q3/Q4 2021 release would be highly likely. I mean if you're gonna delay it, you may as well get those holiday sales. And while I believe other PS5 games will be coming out at that point, I highly doubt their respective fanbases will have enough overlap with GT insofar that sales would be cannibalized. But that said, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I hope we get more info soon.

Last edited:
I think that sony will spread their biggest exclusives over the year. My predictions: The Ratchet and clank game will be released early next year. After that, maybe early summer, GT7 will follow. Horizon zero dawn 2 will be released fall 2021 following God of war 2 on Christmas 2021 (this game will get people seriously excited and probably will be a major system seller). The new silent hill and spider man 2 will be announced as 2022 games.

Last edited:
I would think a Q3/Q4 2021 release would be highly likely. I mean if you're gonna delay it, you may as well get those holiday sales. And while I believe other PS5 games will be coming out at that point, I highly doubt their respective fanbases will have enough overlap with GT insofar that sales would be cannibalized. But that said, I think I speak for a lot of people when I say that I hope we get more info soon.

I could see that, but because that is now the more convenient strategy. Works out for developers to have more time to polish, and Sony to get consoles out.

Happy and healthy new new year to everyone ,as about when ,if and how i really don't give a ..... cent .
Sometimes is good to talk ,wish , think , except, argue , get emotional by the one or the other way but the truth is that none of them really change something in our lives .
My whish is the new year to be better than this 🤬 year we had till now ,with or without GT7 .
Personally i prefer without covid 19 but am asking too much i guess.

As you said smooth, I would personally prefer to have GT7 in 2021, no later and to enjoy it online and offline with all you folks at GTPlanet stress free of COVID, because we all need a break from the stench of 2020.

gran-turismo-7-ps5-playstation-5-1.original.jpg

See you all on Trial Mountain in 2021! :cheers:

Last edited:
ZEE
As you said smooth, I would personally prefer to have GT7 in 2021, no later and to enjoy it online and offline with all you folks at GTPlanet stress free of COVID, because we all need a break from the stench of 2020.

gran-turismo-7-ps5-playstation-5-1.original.jpg

See you all on Trial Mountain in 2021! :cheers:

From your mouth to ..... God's ear .
2020 teach us to respect the common things we had and " loose " them.
Hope 2021 not be at the same path.
As about Gt7 it will be nice to have it by the end of 2021 and under better circumstances from what we are facing now.
Logically the new year ,at some point, will bring enough ps5 for the market and the road to release GT7 will be short after that .

After that, maybe early summer, GT7 will follow.
Why then? Why not release it during Q3/Q4 and get those holiday sales? I feel like GT in general doesn't have enough overlap with other titles to warrant worries that it'll cannibalize sales of other games if GT7 comes out for the holidays.

Last edited:
Yeah for those that are not Asian, Gran Turismo 7 will be release at the beginning of 2022 Asian time. Meaning it'll be about a year after which is 2023. Rule of thumb for Asian clock for example. A party starts at 3 p.m. Expect my asian guests to show up about an hour or so after. I don't know, maybe blame it on the Hennessy.

Not quite sure I get you old fruity.

But believe this, we lost 2 years of development on GT7 thanks to crapstorm that was 2020-21 so far. It has almost tanked the title to a near crawl.

We are in June '21 now, its getting brighter, but still no new word, so we heading to 2022 for a likely release if any.
SONY are just batting eyelids at us now. :boggled:

ZEE
Not quite sure I get you old fruity.

But believe this, we lost 2 years of development on GT7 thanks to crapstorm that was 2020-21 so far. It has almost tanked the title to a near crawl.

We are in June '21 now, its getting brighter, but still no new word, so we heading to 2022 for a likely release if any.
SONY are just batting eyelids at us now. :boggled:

I dont understand why Covid has slowed some things down so much. Covid has not really changed anything in my life except maybe leisure activities like dining out or going to a movie theater. I have not missed a day of work due to C19 and never was infected with it and have done all the rest of the social activities I have always done. I think I can count on one hand how many people I know personally who caught C19 and they all recovered fine. Thank you China.

Back